OFFICIAL ticket prices vs. Arsenal

Serious question...

If they are expected to be so popular why have the club only given them an initial allocation rather than all the west stand ?

Like I say, it's a serious question not meant to be sarcky.

They believe they have priced it right and with it being kids for a fiver and half term it will be a big seller so they want to leave the option open for more Wednesday fans to go if demand is good

The owner is all about filling the place with Wednesday fans hes not to interested in the away element but also realisers that if there isn't the high demand from Wednesday fans as expected he can release the lower west to Arsenal to sell more

I'll be honest and say £25 IMO would have been right for all areas - members & ST £20.......

Gooners are getting it at £25 which they'll be well happy with and is a bit of a kick in the knackers for the home fans

Hey ho

I think that is my view too

Stop talking nonsense.

League games are different for a start, and you will pay the same as the equivalent seat in the home end.

Cup games can be anything, and if you can find an example when our ST holders paid more than a home ST holder paid I will be very surprised - but it would be believable given some of our previous owners...

Stop talking nonsense?

You're the one justifying home fans paying more than away fans pal.

ST talk is nonsense - Arsenal have 55,000 season ticket holder and 3,100 seats for this game. Wednesday have 15,000 season ticket holders and 32,000 seats for this game. Should both teams sell out, plenty of home fans will have paid more than the away fans. That is mental!

But on the flip side, there will be 1000's of Wednesday fans with ST's and memberships sitting in the North, Grandstand and South, who have paid the same as the Arsenal fans have paid to go in the dump that is the West, and probably be behind a pillar.

We don't know what the club were pushing for, they probably tried to get Arsenal to agree to only our fans getting a ST discount and Arsenal (rightly) said no.

As I've said already, if it was the other way round I'd expect Wednesday to get the same deal for our fans.

Swings and roundabouts, but overall it's fair enough IMO.

West Stand is the best view on the stadium, and as a football fan that is all I'd be interested in.

Given we have 10 times the amount of tickets to sell and a quarter of the season ticket holders Arsenal do, I don't think it is fair.

It has taken the gloss of what is a very good pricing structure otherwise - and makes Bristol City look an even bigger rip off! lol

Stop talking nonsense?

You're the one justifying home fans paying more than away fans pal.

ST talk is nonsense - Arsenal have 55,000 season ticket holder and 3,100 seats for this game. Wednesday have 15,000 season ticket holders and 32,000 seats for this game. Should both teams sell out, plenty of home fans will have paid more than the away fans. That is mental!

Where?

They are paying the same.

Actually, they are paying the same for a worse view in many cases.

In your detailed analysis, you just entirely forgot about concessions and assumed 100% of both sets of fan bases are made up of adults.

You would prefer the football league to set our prices and make it too expensive for kids, rather than £5.

Moan on pal.

Its absolutely perfect pricing point.

Really, really good prices for kids. I think it should have been £25 for all adults regardless of status.   If it's good enough for Spurs it's good enough for us.  This is the top end of OK.  It's a James Milner steady 7/10 from me. 

Really, really good prices for kids. I think it should have been £25 for all adults regardless of status. If it's good enough for Spurs it's good enough for us. This is the top end of OK. It's a James Milner steady 7/10 from me.

For me -

Adult general sale - steep

Adult ST's and members - reasonable

Concessions and kids - fantastic

So overall I'd agree - 7/10 - could have been better but could have been far worse

The prices are spot on. You have to wonder if the people moaning really want to get off their @rses and go anyway.

Isn't that the point???

We are struggling to get people in when it isn't on telly never mind when it is on.

I'm a season ticket holder and i want the place to be as full as possible. 

Which part timer is going to pay £36 when they could stay at home and watch it?

This is the same £36 that the local media were having a go at Leeds for, now it seems that it's ok for us to charge it. 

The under 20 year old tickets are perfectly priced. The adult pricing is too steep.

Guest Deleted member

If they have to pass on savings to Arsenal season ticket holders - thereby pricing our own fans £5 higher - why not forget the members/season ticket discounts and just make it £25 for every adult - instead of charging our own fans more.

They could have left the ticket priority as the only benefit for season ticket holders and members.

Then our own fans aren't kicked in the teeth by being priced at less than away fans

Isn't that the point???

We are struggling to get people in when it isn't on telly never mind when it is on.

I'm a season ticket holder and i want the place to be as full as possible.

Which part timer is going to pay £36 when they could stay at home and watch it?

This is the same £36 that the local media were having a go at Leeds for, now it seems that it's ok for us to charge it.

The under 20 year old tickets are perfectly priced. The adult pricing is too steep.

£30 on The Kop.

Like I said, you have to want to go in the first place.

Why?

Explain to me why for 'this type of game' season ticket holders should be heavily discounted against non-season ticket holders. Season ticket holders are getting heavy discounts already on league games (as should always be the case).

When I was a season ticket holder (25+ years) the only benefit we got was priority seating for cup ties and away matches, and 10% off in the club shop. Creating this two tier ticketing system won't bring back the floating fans this season...it might create more season ticket holders next season but right here and now we are heamorraging fans at an alarming rate and this kind of structure just won't get them back on side.

Who would pay £8 more than someone sat next to him/her just because of extenuating circumstances?!

Err because we are the loyal customers bit like shops offer those loyalty/discount cards for the regulars not him who pops along every now and then when the going is good.

Plus they have already had £600 from me this season, How much they had from you as a matter of interest?

Guest AbbeyOwl

The website isn't working properly, trying to buy seats as per season tickets, it is charging £25 for a 4 year old and an OAP alike, come on SWFC get the online side of things sorted, website is crap, and flaw riddled.