Lewis price

Any championship keeper will fail in comparison to Westwood.

People really being unfair on Price. He's not cost us any points so far. 

this

and when Westwood sets such a high standard, anything thats not even close and a lot of the fans will jump on

Pricey is the least of our worries at the moment

Incredible.

The entire defence goes missing and a striker has 40 clear yards to run at our goal, completely unchallenged, and Price is getting the blame.

If that had been Westwood, who is quite rightly very popular, then the defence would be 100% to blame for leaving the keeper so exposed.

:laugh:

For me Westwood is best keeper in this League, however his performances this season were no more then decent.

I see Price as a decent back up option, and I see his performances so far this season as also decent.

It is your prerogative not to agree, but I don't think Im much wrong on this one :blush:

If ur on about the header which he tipped over the bar as a clear goal he should have caught it, I was sat at back of nets and the header was p!ss poor with no power in it what so ever, the one on one which he saved with his legs however was decent.... have to agree with him not commanding his area tho, few times yesterday he should have come and collected crosses which he didnt

If ur on about the header which he tipped over the bar as a clear goal he should have caught it, I was sat at back of nets and the header was p!ss poor with no power in it what so ever, the one on one which he saved with his legs however was decent.... have to agree with him not commanding his area tho, few times yesterday he should have come and collected crosses which he didnt

I was sat there too. He'd jumped earlier and the header was a split second later than he expected so I think the punched save was ok given the circumstances.

Not seen him catch a cross yet or for that matter cleanly puch one. He's made a few saves that have looked good but have been more for the cameras. Doesn't fill me with confidence and if I was playing in a back 4 with him behind me it would put me off my game.

For me Westwood is best keeper in this League, however his performances this season were no more then decent.

I see Price as a decent back up option, and I see his performances so far this season as also decent.

It is your prerogative not to agree, but I don't think Im much wrong on this one :blush:

Doesn't come for crosses, doesn't inspire confidence in his defence with the looks of it. He's been poorly positioned a few times for goals. There's a reason he's never been anyone's first choice.

Guest totemowl

Not seen him catch a cross yet or for that matter cleanly puch one. He's made a few saves that have looked good but have been more for the cameras. Doesn't fill me with confidence and if I was playing in a back 4 with him behind me it would put me off my game.

Caught crosses under pressure on Saturday. No problem there.

Guest owl from retford

made some good saves , started to come out when 1vs1 then stopped allowing goal to be pretty much open

Edited by owl from retford

Incredible.

The entire defence goes missing and a striker has 40 clear yards to run at our goal, completely unchallenged, and Price is getting the blame.

If that had been Westwood, who is quite rightly very popular, then the defence would be 100% to blame for leaving the keeper so exposed.

Price is still poo though

Please cc drop him he was awful yesterday should have saved the last two goals and that bit when he scuffed it and it hit the post was embarrassing.he doesnt talk to the defenders when the opposition have a setpeice.not seen him have a good game yet.

Stick wildsmith back in or loan a keeper

It is silly, uneducated comments (football wise) like this that leave me shaking my head at our fans. The 'keeper is the last line of defence and if he doesn't get is perfectly right, it often results in a goal. If an outfield player gets it wrong, it normally results in the opposition getting the ball, missing a chance of scoring, or as happened twice against 'Boro yesterday when our defenders didn't clear the ball, two goals being scored.

Have you forgotten the two saves Price pulled off? That is when a 'keeper gets it right.  Blaming Price for the goals is an absolutely ridiculous comment to make when the ten players in front of him got it wrong three times, by not defending/clearing/controlling the ball correctly, leading to them scoring. If he had let the ball through his legs, dropped it for them to score, or made another unforced error leading to a goal, then he can be blamed for that. He didn't though.

As for communicating, although I am halfway up the Kop, I could clearly see him talking to players, and I am sure it wasn't about what he planned to do over the weekend.

He is the 'keeper we are using at the moment, so back him while he is in the team and if you are going to make comments then make sure they are at least credible.