The Owls vs Middlesbrough. Official Matchday Thread.

No big dogs in the OMDT this weekend, just Paul Daniels favourite football team. Mr Daniels might know a bit about magic but Owls are even more magical. Want proof?

8mkeI3P.gif

We did the double over this lot last season and we are going to do it again. Get down to the ground, cheer the lads on and watch us smash the granny out of the Smoggy fannies.

Other entertainment will include Atdhe’s amazing goalmouth levitation act and DC, assisted by the lovely Katy Perry will be sawing Stevie May in two at half time on the centre circle. His legs will be loaned to Rangers and Rotherham get the top half of him for the rest of the season. Stevie will not be seen again until Carlos produces him totally unharmed, out of the FA Cup at Wembley to wild applause.

3-0 to us. Easy.

IMPORTANT

Boro’s Hoolies are known as the Frontline and still active, although there are only about 80 of them. They even have their own Wikipedia entry so be careful today.

THE SERIOUS BIT

jgArsa7.png

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield
Kick Off: Saturday 29th of August 2015 at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Magic hat and home shirt.

Matchday Drink: Weird coloured potions or just beer if you want. It has the same effect.

Magic Pie: Oasis.

Matchday Song: I Put A Spell On You by Screamin’ Jay Hawkins…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Owls goalkeeper Keiren Westwood is still out with a kidney problem but striker Lucas Joao is set to return from a hamstring injury. Michael Turner, on loan from Norwich, could make his debut in defence.

Boro coach Aitor Karanka may restore seven players, including former England caps Stewart Downing and David Nugent, rested for the League Cup in midweek. Another former international, Jonathan Woodgate, will be monitored after playing 98 minutes in that match.

M02y1er.png Head to Head gGUKJ5b.png

• Wednesday have won each of their last three against Boro in the league; they have not won four in a row against them since April 1991.

• Middlesbrough have lost six of their last seven visits to Hillsborough, winning the other.

• The Owls have made a league-high three errors leading directly to goals this season, two more than their total in 2014-15.

• **** has scored three goals from just six shots on target this season. A four star player, apparently.

• Sheffield Wednesday have lost only once in their last seven at Hillsborough (W2 D4).

lcBbdGM.png

MINTYNESS

Giant Taylor Swift has a day off from singing and is finally going to paint the roof of the West Stand this Sunday…

HQtXv2G.gif

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

A very early good morning to the Morning Glory Gang also Eaton.

Going with theowlsman today so will be able to talk about how to catch carp from a puddle whilst we get lost in Stockport again.

Hopefully it will take less than the normal four hours to get to S6 and we will be in time for a Pint before kick-off.

Be interesting to see how w do against a better 'footballing' side and hopefully our performance will be more reminiscent of the opening day that the right royal mess against Reading.

Fancy us for 2-0 with Dave plus an other scoring.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Guest minsk owl

Katy Perry - Stevie May   :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Goin' for 3 - 2 , ...... Dave and Lees , on the end of Wallace's stuff,  and McGugan to smash the winner 

post-38035-0-25516300-1440803122.gif

Another excellent matchday thread Pauli although I can't be bothered to read it.

33 always forgets we go via Stockport when he's navigating.

I know TAS wants to know more about my recent holiday (have I mentioned I've been on holiday?), but there's plenty more time to talk about that tomorrow / next month / the rest of 2015.

For now, let's not forget Boro are a good team and we should give them respect.

Wednesday 7 Boro 0

Nuhiu 6

Matias 1

Come on Wednesday!

Woof.  Great thread as usual Pauli.

Will be a tough and close game this one.  Going for a 2-1 Wednesday win.  

McGugan with a 30 yard screamer and Lopez scoring the winner with a tap in, sending the home fans nuts.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

Eyup...up to Sheff from deepest South Wales for this one...me and 2 other 'Jonah' mates all attending so you lot know who to blame if it all goes t*ts up!!...1-0 to us...Scott Oakes direct from a corner 65 mins!!

Get ready to take the blame you trio of Jonahs.

Although I shall stock up for a lucky half time dump on the North if required, to negate the curse of the Welsh 3.

lol

Tough game, more so this time I reckon, but they lost to Bristol City at home so they are beatable, they absolutely hate coming here and we always seem to like beating them 2-0 so that's what I'm gunna go with.

BTW who remembers this place?

c05375466d66ef3b59693e145a53678b.png

Guest minsk owl

Tough game, more so this time I reckon, but they lost to Bristol City at home so they are beatable, they absolutely hate coming here and we always seem to like beating them 2-0 so that's what I'm gunna go with.

Absolutely !! ......... all laces removed from Doccers

Ayresome Park , that brings back some memories. 

Had some great away days up there in smoggie land over the years and give me Ayresome over the lifeless bowl at the Riverside everyday .

Ayresome Park.

Proper ground to watch some football that. Freezing cold and wet in December, not giving a throw about it cos we are winning away.

Now they have heated seats at the Ringpiece Stadium. £120 each.

We haven't come to watch the tennis, love.