MOTM / Player Ratings thread

Westwood 6.5 - had nothing to do really

Hunt 8 - bossed it, ran the overlap well, great runs off the ball

Lees 8 - bossed it, won most of his challenges and good goal

Loovens 7.5 - made one mistake but otherwise cracking game

Helen 7.5 - much better from Helen, got caught out of position a bit but not much

Hutch 7 - did his job well, linked up midfield and defence and didn't dive in like he used to

Lopez 7 - good passing, simple balls, looking for the most attacking pass, should have buried that shot

Matias 7 - good attacking play, good passing and movement but accuracy let him down today

McGugan 9 MoM - good goal, good clearance off line, bossed the midfield, won headers, tackles, attacking passes

Wallace 8.5 - close 2nd for MoM for me, great crosses (esp for second goal) dangerous on the wings, good off ball positioning, looked tired by end as he and hunt ran all day

Nuhiu 7 - better from Dave, won headers and flick ons, good play with his feet, just looks like he needs someone else up there with him though

Joao 6 - great run and play down right to set up Lee/Matias at end that should have been a goal, didn't have long enough to make an impact though.

Palmer 5 - not long enough

Lee 6 - not long to make an impact but some good attacking play towards the end

Westwood 7 - wasn't called on often but was commanding when required

Hunt 8.5 - my MOTM, was a constant threat all day, hope the sub was just precautionary

Lees 8 - dealt with everything, great to get his first goal

Loovens 8 - was worried beforehand about his lack of pace but it wasn't an issue

Helan 7.5 - he's still about rough around the edges but this was much improved

Hutchinson 8 - very solid, semedo will struggle to get back in the side at this rate

Lopez 7.5 - probably over-shadowed by Hutch and McGugan but very neat and tidy

McGugan 8 - bossed the midfield, anybody who thinks he's lazy want their eyes testing.

Wallace 8 - very threatening, if he had a bit more pace he'd be in the premier league

Nuhiu 7 - made the best of it, was isolated but won his fair share of headers despite the usual man-handling

Matias 7 - lots of creativity, the end product will come. Will be an important player for us imo

Westwood 7 - Flawless

Hunt 9 - Awesome. Caused havoc with his direct style.

Lees 7 - Solid. Good goal despite the awful marking from them.

Loovens 7 - Solid

Helan 8 - Excellent performance all round. Bided his time and picked the right option for 2nd goal.

Hutch 7 - Solid. Composed and less reckless. One of my favourite players and if he can stay fit, will be a massive player for us

Lopez 7 - Steady, composed, competitive....looks a good player

McGugan 7 - Thought he was quiet for a long time but gradually grew into the game. Took his goal well

Wallace 8 - Looked class. Great cross for 2nd goal. Bit disappointed with some of his other deliveries though.

Matias 7 - Looked decent. Genuine goal threat.

Nuhiu 5 - Trying not to be harsh but really offered nothing

Are you a Nuhiu hater? He might not have scored but he brought others into the game. Give the guy a break, he's a Wednesday player so get behind him. It's like people want him to fail. 

He loves this club, give him some love back.

We're rating his performance aren't we? He offered nothing. You're very easily pleased if you think he did

Westwood 7 - Flawless

Hunt 9 - Awesome. Caused havoc with his direct style.

Lees 7 - Solid. Good goal despite the awful marking from them.

Loovens 7 - Solid

Helan 8 - Excellent performance all round. Bided his time and picked the right option for 2nd goal.

Hutch 7 - Solid. Composed and less reckless. One of my favourite players and if he can stay fit, will be a massive player for us

Lopez 7 - Steady, composed, competitive....looks a good player

McGugan 7 - Thought he was quiet for a long time but gradually grew into the game. Took his goal well

Wallace 8 - Looked class. Great cross for 2nd goal. Bit disappointed with some of his other deliveries though.

Matias 7 - Looked decent. Genuine goal threat.

Nuhiu 5 - Trying not to be harsh but really offered nothing

Let's be honest, you are being harsh.

Nuhiu had a good game. Let it go mate.

Edit - No one deserved less than a 7 today

Edited by Tommo_SWFC

Unfortunate that after a great start to the season we have a MOTM thread that already is showing signs of descending into another Nuhiu debate. For the usual suspects; by now we all know that you don't rate him and how you'll rate his performances before you type.

Westwood 7 - Just learn to kick straight, fella.
Hunt - 9 - Good in defence and attack. Already a brilliant partnership with Wallace
Lees 8 - Usual calmness - and a goal
Loovens 8 - Experienced and calm. class
Helan 7 - solid game from him and reasonable with the ball / decision making
Hutchinson 7 - Broke up play very well - with tactical fouls when needed
Lopez 7 - rarely noticed him in. Not a bad thing - looking forward for more to come
McGugan 9 - ran everything and everywhere. Saved a goal, ran the full length and scored too. MOM
Wallace 9 - with Hunt looked a threat all game. Just go on the outside a bit more please
Nuhiu 7 - great first half but quiet second. Although I though we didn't look as good when he came off
Matias 7 - just tried a little too hard to score at times - but gonna be a threat if he carries on

We created loads and didn't really look threatened. Entertaining football in the sunshine. happy days

Unfortunate that after a great start to the season we have a MOTM thread that already is showing signs of descending into another Nuhiu debate. For the usual suspects; by now we all know that you don't rate him and how you'll rate his performances before you type.

Sorry pal but if you're talking about me, that's nonsense. Go back and check the rating threads against Derby and Boro last year.

Why can't people just admit when he's done roger all?

Sorry pal but if you're talking about me, that's nonsense. Go back and check the rating threads against Derby and Boro last year.

Why can't people just admit when he's done roger all?

You're not the harshest I know..... they'll no doubt appear in due course but call me a good guesser but I did guess that you'd be one who'd see his performance more critically than many posters.

Edited by Dagmeister

abrodie2002.

"Palmer 5, not good enough."

The guy was on the pitch for 5 minutes, it's unfair to say "not good enough" on that evidence. whether or not he is good enough is open to question but making that statement indicates you just don't like him rather than being a fair assessment of todays performance.

Guest domSWFC

abrodie2002.

"Palmer 5, not good enough."

The guy was on the pitch for 5 minutes, it's unfair to say "not good enough" on that evidence. whether or not he is good enough is open to question but making that statement indicates you just don't like him rather than being a fair assessment of todays performance.

5 minutes!?!?! What a part timer! Palmer out.