MOTM / Player Ratings thread

Westwood 7 Had nothing of note to do. Looked sexy in that kit.

Helan 8 Decent game for the Frenchman, was surprised to see him start did his job at left back well and really helped with the second goal.

Lees 9 Quality defending all game, took his goal well.

Loovens 8 Not really called upon but was solid when needed.

Hunt 7 Decent game, think he can do loads better.

Matias 7 Was expecting more from him but he won't be sharp yet, should of had a first half hat trick.

Lopez 7 Worked well in midfield.

Hutchinson 8 Was solid, did his job brilliantly.

Wallace 9 MOM Brilliant throughout, brilliant balls in the box could have finished the half with 5 assists and really should have scored.

McGugan 8 Played well, he can play a lot better than he did today.

Nuhiu 7 Held the ball up well at times, big difference between Saint Mirren in a friendly and Bristol City in the league, his poor quality will have him found out next week against Ipswich.

Subs didn't really have much to do but Lucas looked fast and powerful.

You're not the harshest I know..... they'll no doubt appear in due course but call me a good guesser but I did guess that you'd be one who'd see his performance more critically than many posters.

I say it as I see it, regardless of who it is.

If someone can give me a run down of what Nuhiu did to deserve a 7, I'd love to hear it. I watched him closely on every bit of play he was involved in, and barring the nutmeg in the first half, a couple of little layoffs and 1 little run in the 2nd half, he was poor and it's blatantly obvious we need a more suitable striker to play the central role.

Joao looks good and should start for me.

I say it as I see it, regardless of who it is.

If someone can give me a run down of what Nuhiu did to deserve a 7, I'd love to hear it. I watched him closely on every bit of play he was involved in, and barring the nutmeg in the first half, a couple of little layoffs and 1 little run in the 2nd half, he was poor and it's blatantly obvious we need a more suitable striker to play the central role.

Joao looks good and should start for me.

Fair enough. It's about opinions but I still think its a shame but its inevitable that Nuhiu panning will be in full swing shortly. I think your opinions are honestly held as it happens although a little predictablke IMO on this topic. I'm not saying you are wrong on today's performance as I didn't go but the majority of posters so far are slightly at odds with you.

When CC feels that Joao is ready and a better option than Nuhiu then that will no doubt reflect in his selection decision. Perhaps easing a young, very recently signed foreign player, in gently is a good policy though.

Edited by Dagmeister

abrodie2002.

"Palmer 5, not good enough."

The guy was on the pitch for 5 minutes, it's unfair to say "not good enough" on that evidence. whether or not he is good enough is open to question but making that statement indicates you just don't like him rather than being a fair assessment of todays performance.

Have another read you ***

"Not long enough"

So, how long until we close these polls and name the winner?

I set the first one to close automatically after 24 hours because I wasn't sure how long to leave it there and also because I'm not guaranteed to be on here to close it. I do have a life - yeah, who knew. :biggrin:

It could be made longer or shorter depending upon what people want, democracy rules with this nazi mod. :rolleyes:

I would say maybe 48 hours? Just to give everyone a bit more of a chance. Also could we post the results each week just so we can see the final tally? Cheers.

The results of the poll are still available. I moved the thread to the 'SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY RESULTS' section. It just makes it easier to find when we start looking at Player Of The Month etc.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/forum/120-sheffield-wednesday-results/