Never been one to judge preseason but I think we will have a slow start this year

Jesus Christ there's some fannies on here.

There were positives last night from the first half. We passed the ball and zipped it about a bit. Lopez looks a player and when he gets up to speed with the pace of the game he will be important. Big Dave did well, Wallace looked a threat and his delivery is excellent. Matias although quiet last night is always trying to get into dangerous positions. Hutch did well when he came on. Yes there were mistakes at the back and we need to strengthen in the full back positions.

It's the same EVERY year. A bad pre season result and everyone panics. How many people were thinking about pre season after we beat Brighton on the opening day last season?

Jesus Christ there's some fannies on here.

There were positives last night from the first half. We passed the ball and zipped it about a bit. Lopez looks a player and when he gets up to speed with the pace of the game he will be important. Big Dave did well, Wallace looked a threat and his delivery is excellent. Matias although quiet last night is always trying to get into dangerous positions. Hutch did well when he came on. Yes there were mistakes at the back and we need to strengthen in the full back positions.

It's the same EVERY year. A bad pre season result and everyone panics. How many people were thinking about pre season after we beat Brighton on the opening day last season?

And what a day out that was

I wouldn't be surprised if we started unsteadily, but DC is very possibly expecting that too. Effectively, we've taken the core of last year's mid-table side and put them into an entirely new setup, so if we hit thr ground running, that will be a bonus as far as I am concerned. 

The main thing will be not to panic and hit the reset button after six weeks (assuming that CC doesn't look like Hockaday 2 at that point), because that will mean the last 3 months have been completely wasted. But I have no reason to believe that DC would do that.

I asked the question in another thread, but perhaps I should pose it on here. For those who've seen a few of the friendlies, how have we set up? From what I've read, we've tried different systems, even during the game

I asked the question in another thread, but perhaps I should pose it on here. For those who've seen a few of the friendlies, how have we set up? From what I've read, we've tried different systems, even during the game

We've set up 4-3-3 in the three games I've been too. Matias comes infield quite a lot so it's left Helen with acres of space on the left wing most of the time. Mcgugan seems to have been given a free role some of the time aswell he gets a lot more forward than Lopez.

It's preseason but the defence look like they haven't even been introduced to one another. The understanding between Loovens and Lees that was a main part of our solidity last year isn't there.

Even Westwood looked like he was confused.

Early days, lets hope it all comes together at the right time. 

Not sure if it was our strongest - think Melo will start when fit, we will need him to protect the back 4 when we don't have the ball - they look very exposed art the moment.

We are ok going forwards, just need to sort out our shape when we are defending - Lees and Loovens haven't become bad overnight.

It needs tweaking but I don't expect us to be ready for Bristol City who I expect to win tbh

Does Melo actually exist?

Of course its going to be a slow start but I would rather we get the teething troubles out of the way now.

One thing that is interesting is what CC considers a 'high intensity' style.

If its what he's used to but accelerated then I hope he understands now that this is how the Championship and L1 have been for years. Its all a matter of degree.

The only real difference will be positioning, being available for a pass and the ability to keep the ball moving between team mates.

Players who cannot pass accurately, select the right option or receive a pass under pressure leaves us exposed. When the move breaks down we are picked off if teams play higher up the pitch.

Still plenty to do on the recovery phase and becoming comfortable in possession across the back.

Didn't Donny beat Sunderland last night? 

Pre season matches are purely for match fitness. I can remember many a pre season where we have won most of the games impressively and done rubbish in the league. It means nothing, especially when we've got a new manager with completely different ideas on everything. 

Could just be that CC had been working his players harder then other managers, so players are more tired then opposition, etc...

It is all about getting fit, players getting to know each other, snd learning how CC wants them to play.

Croasdale has probably been our best player so far, but he will probably be the last name on team sheat. Just shows how unimprtant level of performance is in pre-season.

Don't forget, we've never had that focal point in attack, a mobile leader of the line. I'm interested to see what the thinking was behind the attempt to bring Rudolph Austin to the club. Were we thinking of changing that 4-3-3 system slightly to one that includes 2 sitting midfielders, seeing as we'd have four who could do that job. That would mean rotating Lopez and McGugan, as I couldn't see a way of playing Austin, Lopez, McGugan and Melo in the centre. Will we be looking for another player similar to Austin? Also, we need another wide option, preferably one with an eye for goal.

How many times over the last 10 years have we had players injured in pre-season? By all accounts we have hardly tackled yet...I'm sure the first half on Saturday will be nearer the team for City...expect training to taper down this following week instead of the twice a day sessions and everybody to be raring to go by the start of the season...whether we can get the team playing together is another question... it will take time