Radio Sheffield reporting no approach for Cooper and...

Guest mrbluesky

If I was Chairman I'd have announced it this morning as he arrived for his first day at work.

However, I'm not the Chairman (than God) - although if I wasnt in the country today I can guarantee I would make them wait to announce it til I was - so I could introduce him personally

I guess announcing the new head coach in a press release at 10.30pm was all part of the plan then?

It's quite clear that the information vacuum is creating havoc for some folk but you can't help but notice that it's the generally negative folk more so.

The new management team structure has evolved to become a committee, purposely conjuring up images of a few old blokes at the WMC struggling to arrange the annual jolly to Llandudno.

Desperate comparisons and negative stereotyping to and of anyone involved in football who is foreign basically but the comparisons to other Thai chairmen is the funniest.

Lamenting the speed that grass grows in a sad attempt to strengthen the case.

Constantly looking backwards for comfort towards old players, managers and the good old days of garbage management that has made us all so desperate in the first place and boosted the egos of so many in the past who suddenly feel powerless as their "connections" are no more.

And finally the irony of it all. All of it.

The fact that we might finally have a sniff of what we've always wanted but some can't wait a few months after we've all been waiting decades.

Pathetic.

Didn't Mr Chansiri say that he "knows nothing about football". 

I think it is fair to say he's putting his faith in those around him, the likes of Roeder and the other guys on the committee. 

I agree

It's quite clear that the information vacuum is creating havoc for some folk but you can't help but notice that it's the generally negative folk more so.

The new management team structure has evolved to become a committee, purposely conjuring up images of a few old blokes at the WMC struggling to arrange the annual jolly to Llandudno.

Desperate comparisons and negative stereotyping to and of anyone involved in football who is foreign basically but the comparisons to other Thai chairmen is the funniest.

Constantly looking backwards for comfort towards old players, managers and the good old days of garbage management that has made us all so desperate in the first place and boosted the egos of so many in the past who suddenly feel powerless as their "connections" are no more.

The fact that we might finally have a sniff of what we've always wanted but some can't wait a few months after we've all been waiting decades.

Pathetic.

Well said

I've only just twigged this part of the BBC article unveiling CC;

"BBC Radio Sheffield says Wednesday want Swindon Town boss Mark Cooper to assist Carvalhal, who will be formally unveiled on Thursday and takes over a side that finished 13th in the second tier last season".

This is the biggest hint I've seen with the Cooper on/off/who chuffin knows crap.

Guest Deleted member

I guess announcing the new head coach in a press release at 10.30pm was all part of the plan then?

You missed the bit about the press conference

Guest Deleted member

Pathetic.

Fantastic post

A frenzy of negativity? Possibly, but it's very understandable that any optimism is quickly draining away. Chansiri is new to football. It's a general rule of thumb that when you're new to something you keep it simple, so you go for a traditional managerial setup. This new system would always have ruled out many a potential manager, as it would have been unacceptable to them. Surely appointing a manager with experience of the Championship would have been a better idea than bringing in o Portugues? Wednesdays past failures are more to do with a lack of money than anything else, and as we are supposed to have money now I don't see the problem. Carvalhal may turn out to be very good, but the odds are that he won't and he'll be out by January/janeiro.

I can see why some people might have reservations but the truth is no one knows what will happen especially before we finish our summer player recruitment.

The thing that annoys people is that there are some people who just pick up negative stuff constantly no matter what and seem to enjoy revelling in it. They change their goal posts as to what they are wanting just to keep on moaning. Predictable as anything.

Guest wilyfox

I think Cooper would have been a mistake. We'll have divided opinion on the committee already; similar on the training ground too would be a recipe for disaster. Get a no.2 content to be no.2. Would be happy with either Burton or Marsh.

You should note this was a "press release" not a press conference as this comes when Mr C is back in UK (presumably).

My theory would be that this release wasn't planned (yet) but needed to be done to stop the Pearson frenzy gaining too much momentum.

You should note this was a "press release" not a press conference as this comes when Mr C is back in UK (presumably).

My theory would be that this release wasn't planned (yet) but needed to be done to stop the Pearson frenzy gaining too much momentum.

CC told someone that it was going to be announced 'tomorrow' on Monday - before the Pearson thing became known. I can't believe how many people believe this had anything, whatsoever, to do with Pearson. Carlos was always the man we were going to announce. Pearson is irrelevant.