New Manager is Irrelevant

Despite Grays exit causing a meltdown on Owlstalk hotter than Chernobyl, and despite the protracted wooing of Carvalho being like Downton in slo mo, the discombobulating truth is that our club has changed and "managers" in the old glorious Big Jack Big Ron Big Gary mould are no more.

The new model for clubs is Swansea or Southampton etcetera which have a "philosophy" and it doesn't matter who is in charge. To some extent this was how the great Liverpool side of the 70s and 80s operated - until Souness decided he knew better.

Moreover Chelski and recently Watford have also proved that you can change managers frequently but if you have the players, you win - simples.

In the new system Chansiri is implementing the wider "project" becomes the template not the manager such that Brentford don't even blink when losing Rosler or sacking Warburton. The most important people are the Director of Football and the accountant.

Hence my perforated optimism.

Positive because we have more money, negative cos Roeder does not wholly convince as an expert on championship realities.

Withal, CC may be good, bad or indifferent - let us be calm and not be overly excited or worried for he is not the key to our prosperity.

But If Tuna stocks plummet .... By all means, fret like a Grimsby flapper .. Cos that would be a promble!

Despite Grays exit causing a meltdown on Owlstalk hotter than Chernobyl, and despite the protracted wooing of Carvalho being like Downton in slo mo, the discombobulating truth is that our club has changed and "managers" in the old glorious Big Jack Big Ron Big Gary mould are no more.

The new model for clubs is Swansea or Southampton etcetera which have a "philosophy" and it doesn't matter who is in charge. To some extent this was how the great Liverpool side of the 70s and 80s operated - until Souness decided he knew better.

Moreover Chelski and recently Watford have also proved that you can change managers frequently but if you have the players, you win - simples.

In the new system Chansiri is implementing the wider "project" becomes the template not the manager such that Brentford don't even blink when losing Rosler or sacking Warburton. The most important people are the Director of Football and the accountant.

Positive because we have more money, negative cos Roeder does not wholly convince as an expert on championship realities.

Withal, CC may be good, bad or indifferent - let us be calm and not be overly excited or worried for he is not the key to our prosperity.

But If Tuna stocks plummet .... By all means, fret like a Grimsby flapper .. Cos that would be a promble!

Very good!

Sticking with continuity, an over performing manager and proven defence ... It wouldn't have cost a lot to tweak us to a top 6 challenge

The way Chansiri wants to go, will cost him a lot more money ... It's his money though

post-445-0-42104500-1427991074.png

Guest Fedor

Southampton have a list of candidates who fit the system.

Saying the new manager is irrelevant is nonsense.

He still has to have the right credentials.

Edited by Fedor

Sticking with continuity, an over performing manager and proven defence ... It wouldn't have cost a lot to tweak us to a top 6 challenge

The way Chansiri wants to go, will cost him a lot more money ... It's his money though

How is a manager who is expected to lead us to mid table mediocrity, and be nowhere near from relegation "over performing"?

Over performing would have been promotion, or the play offs....not performing as expected. Over performing isn't winning 5 games at home all season.

This nonsense is really doing my nut in.

How is a manager who is expected to lead us to mid table mediocrity, and be nowhere near from relegation "over performing"?

Over performing would have been promotion, or the play offs....not performing as expected. Over performing isn't winning 5 games at home all season.

This nonsense is really doing my nut in.

Last summer, we were about 2 weeks away from 'doing a Blackpool'

A pre-season without a squad

Our best player sold (again)

Very late, barrel scraping replacements

Tiny budget

Our squad, going into the 2014 / 2015 season, was a bottom 6 squad

Last summer, we were about 2 weeks away from 'doing a Blackpool'

A pre-season without a squad

Our best player sold (again)

Very late, barrel scraping replacements

Tiny budget

Our squad, going into the 2014 / 2015 season, was a bottom 6 squad

Crikey, add no manager/coach, and we could be talking about this season

We spent the most we have spent on a player in years, we brought in a number of players in the January transfer window....a window which normally passes us by. Yet the home performances were abysmal, attendances dropping like a stone reflected exactly what was being served up.

Corners were embarrassing, so much so that I couldn't understand why people got excited when we won one. Apart from McGugan, no one could take a free kick.

We won throw-ins in attacking areas and instead of letting a player capable of launching it into the box, we throw it short and then work it back to Westwood.

We persisted with underperforming players week in week out (just like DJ with Bothroyd) in fact, Jones got slated for all the things Gray was doing....such as constant team changes or one up front at HOME!

And I got sick to the back teeth of Gray saying we had created loads of chances when all we had done all game was float balls from 30 yards into the box and then wonder why we weren't scoring.

Have people got blinkers or short term memories? It was boring and negative. Ticket prices have gone through the roof and there's no way I would quietly accept another season of that utter crass.

Gray did over achieve with the quality of the players he had to work with, but that shows he IS a good coach.

Only time will tell if CC is a good coach or not, now it seems nailed on I will give him my support(ish), but he will judged on the finishing place in the division at the end of next season, considering he, it is reported, will have better quality to work with.

Edited by adelphi1867

Yea, losing fergie hasn't worked out too well for man u tho and I'd bet my house on Watford been relegated this year. But agree in a sense there are other elements, but the manager is just as important as ever. Ask any man u fan, imagine arsenal without wenger, look how Chelsea have improved with José back. My opinion Wednesday have possibly underestimated gray, he will end up with a job at a decent club again then time will tell on him but yea tbf think your right how we in our scenario will be fine without him in this league. Edited by BenitoBarham