It's could be way way way way way worse

Should never have been sacked !!!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

After forest put 7 past us at home your average owl wanted to rip his limbs off.

I can't explain how dark that day was, Kop was full of crying kids and every single person was chanting Francis out and it got louder with each goal.

He followed too good a streak and the fans wouldn't settle for anything other than top 3.

lol

Fu?kin crazy when you think about it now.

Yeah right.   After an illustrious playing career which included scoring the winning goal in a European Cup Final....

In his first season he takes us to 3rd In Div One.  (Atkinson only took us to 3rd in Div 2 with basically the same team).

Then he takes us to two Cup finals in the same season.    Playing some of the best football we will ever see.

Believe me, the new appointment will be 1,000 times worse.

Yeah right.   After an illustrious playing career which included scoring the winning goal in a European Cup Final....

In his first season he takes us to 3rd In Div One.  (Atkinson only took us to 3rd in Div 2 with basically the same team).

Then he takes us to two Cup finals in the same season.    Playing some of the best football we will ever see.

Believe me, the new appointment will be 1,000 times worse.

that's good I'd hate to think you'll have nothing to whinge about this season

Francis was sh*te

He couldn't fail with that side, it was full of genius magnificent footballers

When he attempted to create his own side he was an absolute disaster, and its no coincidence that he achieved absolutely nothing when he left Hillsborough

that's good I'd hate to think you'll have nothing to whinge about this season

I won't whinge.  Just fed up of folk reviling Trevor Francis, Eric Taylor, Dave Richards and one or two others who have rightly written their way into Wednesday history.

And yet someone like Ron Atkinson(admittedly a fine manager) is hero-worshipped... and he cleared off the moment a bigger club came calling.  It was lucky that Francis carried on his good work for a good four seasons after.

Twas always the Wednesday way.  When I was a kid it was Tom McAnearney who was targeted by the boo boys- he was one of the best Scottish players never to win a cap.

Francis was sh*te

When he attempted to create his own side he was an absolute disaster, and its no coincidence that he achieved absolutely nothing when he left Hillsborough

Such geniuses they only finished 3rd in Div two in 1991.   In any other season they wouldn't have gone up- it would have just been the play-offs.   

As for acheiving absolutely nothing.....

He took penniless Brum to the playoffs where they only went out on penalties to PNE.   He also took Brum to the 2001 Football Lge Cup Final where they lost to Liverpool.

Francis was sh*te

Very unfair that.

He did make mistakes in trying to rebuild the side and that was his downfall-although with hindsight he should have been given another season for me.

His first three seasons were managing the best Wednesday side anyone will ever see again. Might sound dramatic but barring some oil merchant coming in we will never achieve that level.

3rd place in country, 2 cup finals, 1 semi final in 3 years. We won't see that again.

Francis was sh*te

Constantly reached the playoffs and got to another cup final with Birmingham. Which is more success than we've had since he left.