What's going on?

Mark Cooper has done a stellar job at Swindon but certainly a different standard here.

Could make an interesting assistant mind.

I was thinking the same.

Then I remembered, I thought Pecnik was gonna be great for us. I guess we'll see soon enough.

(A) if it's true

(B) if it works out.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Swindon just released 10 players and sold their best 2, so a new management regime may be just right in timing terms.

I was thinking the same.

Then I remembered, I thought Pecnik was gonna be great for us. I guess we'll see soon enough.

(A) if it's true

(B) if it works out.

He wouldn't give up a managers job unless he had some sort of career progression reassurance. Seems we are forming a Senior Management team.

I'm not dead against it. It's random but we've had quite a boring spell the past few years. Will certainly be interesting.

Carvalhal as director of football type role? Bringing to style/ethos of how we're going to play by teaching everyone what his book means. Cooper to be the first guinea pig head coach adopting the style?

Just plain odd whichever way you look at it.

Not a bad shout, now nothing of this Cooper but knows the English leagues (will have done some Championship prep given the play off), attacking play (good job CC is an ex defender if pigs game an indicator) and seemingly has good links with Spurs....Can't be bad having access to Chelsea and Spurs youth??

He wouldn't give up a managers job unless he had some sort of career progression reassurance. Seems we are forming a Senior Management team.

I'm not dead against it. It's random but we've had quite a boring spell the past few years. Will certainly be interesting.

boring??

Getting relegated, nearly going into admin, takeover, meggo, promotion and then a relegation scrap.

Last season we were begging for boring!!

Guest Distraught!

Carvalhal hired as sweetener for Jorge Mendes link up.  Cooper is the knowledgable on the up manager with League experience.

WHY WOULD ANY MANAGER ACCEPT AN ASSISTANT MANAGERS JOB AFTER BEING SUCCESSFUL AS A MANAGER?????

YES.  I'M SHOUTING.

CC DOES NOT HAVE A BRILLIANT RECORD REGARDING TIME SPENT AT EACH CLUB. MAYBE THE ASSISTANT THINKS IT WON'T BE LONG BEFORE HE GETS A CRACK AT IT HIMSELF.  :biggrin:

Carvalhal as director of football type role? Bringing to style/ethos of how we're going to play by teaching everyone what his book means. Cooper to be the first guinea pig head coach adopting the style?

Just plain odd whichever way you look at it.

Tbh it sounds exciting to me. Something new, lets give it a shot.