The absolutely not ITK rumours thread about more Hillsborough plans.

Guest _Ibbo_

The blunts hotel hasn't been doing so well has it? It would be harder to get planning consent for one at hillsborough and it would need the demand to make it stack up. We would need to think what would actually work up at hillsborough otherwise it could be a white elephant.

The blunts hotel hasn't been doing so well has it? It would be harder to get planning consent for one at hillsborough and it would need the demand to make it stack up. We would need to think what would actually work up at hillsborough otherwise it could be a white elephant.

It's a tax dodge mate, it's for DC to bring his friends and family to on match day, elephants are deemed lucky in Thailand bye the way, especially if you stroke one on the top of its head...

If Mr C was to introduce tuna into the river don, would we have to call him Don Chansiri..

Sheffield is crying out for a conference centre. Slightly unrelated.

Not at Hillsborough though. Its a working class suburb, similar to Woodseats which equally wouldn't be a choice for a large hotel/conference centre. The only thing Hillsborough stadium has got going for it in terms of commercial opportunities is the tram, but business people etc, wouldn't be travelling on the tram - that's why i can't see any sense in developing a hotel as a commercial venture, and therefore doubt they are considering it. 

Guest Grez Bez

Not at Hillsborough though. Its a working class suburb, similar to Woodseats which equally wouldn't be a choice for a large hotel/conference centre. The only thing Hillsborough stadium has got going for it in terms of commercial opportunities is the tram, but business people etc, wouldn't be travelling on the tram - that's why i can't see any sense in developing a hotel as a commercial venture, and therefore doubt they are considering it. 

I agree entirely!

Don't need to worry about commercial ventures when you are minted

Hotel only makes sense if it's utilised for conferences. I am sure more knowledgeable people have said Hillsborough isn't that attractive for conferences

Better to just build a conference space in that event but as you say hillsborough is out of the way