NEW PITCH MANIA!

Guest PAUL.

So, are they reusing the soil/sand that is being piled up to take some of the slope out of the pitch or is that just a rumour?

No, it's all new.

Guest D.J.Nick1212

Just to put things into perspective,

If you check on the Desso site, it explains that the actual building of the pitch including the sprinklers, under soil heating, drainage etc is done by pitch builders using local experts and using the knowlage of the grounds staff.

once the pitch has been laid and the grass sewn, the Desso machines come in and inject 20million foot long strands of artificial grass into the new pitch with only 2 cm sticking out of the top.

The new grass seeds then grow their roots attaching themselvs to the artificial strands making the grass roots longer and stronger. they also obsorb the water and drain it down their length where the grass roots benifit from the water.

This final bit is the only bit that is DESSO!!

its designed to strengthen the pitch, keep the grass thich and keep it looking rich.  

The bit where they sew the Desso strands takes only a couple of days so they can get a couple of pitches done in a week!!

The actual building of the pitch etc is always done by contractors!!

I read that desso injects 20 million of their fibers into the grass pitch. But if you take a clump of grass in your hand then count how many you have pulled out I bet there are about 200 pieces of grass at least. What happens to the fibers when say one of our strikers takes a lump out of it as he kicks the floor instead of the ball? 

Is 20 million fibers enough?

How do you keep the fibers from coming out of the soil?

Do birds eat the fibers as well as the normal grass?

Guest D.J.Nick1212

I read that desso injects 20 million of their fibers into the grass pitch. But if you take a clump of grass in your hand then count how many you have pulled out I bet there are about 200 pieces of grass at least. What happens to the fibers when say one of our strikers takes a lump out of it as he kicks the floor instead of the ball? 

the fibers are not real grass so the birds are not interested in them and they are injected into the pitch about a foot deep so they would take quite a bit of pulling out!!

The fibres are injected 7 inches into the ground.  that's one hell of a kick to produced a divot that deep. 

Wait a minute I just thought. Do birds even eat grass? They're looking for worms aren't they? Okay so the fibers are 7 inches deep. What if they think it is a worm? We might have PETA protests in the car park if my fears come true. Or perhaps I am over thinking things.

lol

I'm going to run out of +1 today!