Out of cantract players - who to keep new we are safe?

All these people saying Kelhar should be binned... what exactly are you basing that on? That after being injured for months he wasn't able to get into the best defence we've had for two decades? I'm not saying he should be offered a new deal by the way as I've not seen him play either, but at least I'm honest about my ignorance. My advice would be to trust those who know what the budget is, what our expectations are and what the player might have shown in training.

I still suspect some people are going to be a bit disappointed about this summer. There are clearly going to be significant changes but I can't imagine that it will satisfy many of those addicted to the fantasies of their laptops and Sky's onanism on transfer deadline day.

Indeed.

Kelhar is a strange one, to be honest with Dielna and Zayette keeping him out of the side since he returned, I'm assuming he's not going to be kept on.

I also think k we'll keep players many would like to see moved on for continuity, I just don't see us splashing millions. And signing a dozen players is usually not good.

Guest RoyalNavyOwl

Kirkland - Release - Sooner or later we have to trust in our young keepers

Buxton - Offer a year extension

Mattock - Offer 2 year deal

Loovens - Offer 2 year deal

Semedo - Offer 2 year deal

Maguire - Offer 2 year deal

Coke - Release,

McCabe - Release,

Madine - Release

Zayette - Offer 1 year deal

Maghoma - Release

Lee - Offer 3 year deal

Corry - Release

Floro - Release

Kelhar - Release

Agree with every one.

Kirkland - Release

Buxton - Offer 1 year deal

Mattock - Release

Loovens - Offer 1 year deal

Semedo - Offer 1 year deal

Maguire - Release

Coke - Release

McCabe - Release

Madine - Release

Zayette - Release

Maghoma - Release

Lee - Offer 1 year deal

Corry - Release

Floro - Release

Kelhar - Release

If we are looking to push on then its got to be a big clear out. The four I would keep is due to experiance and current ability.

Kelhar is a funny one, Gray must have seen something in him to offer him an extended deal. Now we have money I would be tempted to offer him something like £1500/£2000 deal with a bigger bonus attached if he makes the match day squad and if he gets on. I can not see him demanding a lare wage from any other club due to been injured all season and Wednesday as a club have history in making mistake and letting people go for next to nothing.

Maguire - Its a shame, he is not the standard we expect and he did demand a fee £300,000 I am lead to belive. Cut our losses, he will be on a decent wage too.

McCabe- Shame about this lad, big hopes for him and started bright but never progressed. There is a reason why when he went on loan to Pompey he could not get in their starting 11.

Madine - Really gutted about him, so much potential after firing us up to the championship, obv off field issue have not helped but I feel he has not had a fair crack at it, I also believe given the same playing time as Nuhiu he would have scored just as many if not more than him. BUT saying all that, time to move on. ( Just hope he does not do a 'Grant Holt' and turn out to be very good for a number of years for rival clubs )

I will tell you what went wrong with McCabe Glasgow Rangers were in dire Straights so the greedy sod come here .Watch him go back there.

3 year deal to Keiren Lee for me , quality player adding goals to his game and genuinely think he could play in the premier league

Like to see us be able to offer Westwood and Lee's improved deals, keep hold of Loovens and Semedo and as for the rest I think we will cut them loose

Maguire is the hardest one for me , but he's just not shown the consistency to be a big player at this level

All these people saying Kelhar should be binned... what exactly are you basing that on? That after being injured for months he wasn't able to get into the best defence we've had for two decades? I'm not saying he should be offered a new deal by the way as I've not seen him play either, but at least I'm honest about my ignorance. My advice would be to trust those who know what the budget is, what our expectations are and what the player might have shown in training.

I still suspect some people are going to be a bit disappointed about this summer. There are clearly going to be significant changes but I can't imagine that it will satisfy many of those addicted to the fantasies of their laptops and Sky's onanism on transfer deadline day.

I would almost guarantee that someone will be upset/disappointed/outraged over our summer dealings and will post about it on here.

Probably me.

Kirkland - Release, think he's looked shaky when he's played this season tbh, plus he'll want first team football

Buxton - 1 year, despite the injuries he's still the best right-back at the club (and the best left-back for that matter)

Mattock - Release, been better this season but not enough to convince me.  Since Helan's still under contract keep him as 2nd choice and bring in a new & better LB

Loovens - 1 year, difference in defensive record with/without him says it all, and I think Lees played much better with Loovens alongside him

Semedo - 2 years, contender for player of the season for me, and even if he does end up relegated to squad player status he'd still be a valuable asset

Maguire - Release, been disappointing all season, think second half of last season was a flash in the pan

Coke - Release, awful

McCabe - Release, not developed

Madine - Release, not worth the hassle

Zayette - Release, like Mattock, been better this season, but not enough, I think we can do better

Maghoma - Release, awful

Lee - 2 years, even if we strengthen the midfield in the summer, I'd prefer him as RB to Palmer who I don't rate at all

Corry - Release, not developed

Floro / Kelhar - I'd guess will be released, but I've not seen enough of either to have an opinion on them

Kirkland - Release - Sooner or later we have to trust in our young keepers

Buxton - Offer a year extension

Mattock - Offer 2 year deal

Semedo - Offer 2 year deal

Maguire - Offer 2 year deal

Coke - Release,

McCabe - Release,

Madine - Release

Zayette - Offer 1 year deal

Maghoma - Release

Lee - Offer 3 year deal

Corry - Release

Floro - Release

Kelhar - Release

This^ apart from one year contract for Kirkland

Also get shut May, Nuihu,

...and this^; we can do better.

Kirkland release . Not good enough and expensive

Buxton release obviously. The amount of time injured means no alternative

Mattock keep ideally get rid of Helen but not sure there will be any takers

Loovens keep if pos but I can't help feeling injuries are catching up

Semedo keep as a squad player

Maguire release . Overrated

Coke release obviously

McCabe release

Marine release

Zayatte release to many injuries

Maghoma release

Lee new deal . A Wednesday winger/midfielder who knows how to attack. Who would have though it

Carry release

Floor release

Kelhar release

Ideally ship out Hutchinson and Helen as well although can't see too many takers for either of them

Starting from scratch is a huge gamble but if we are to move up to the next level (playoff area/auto promotion) then imho these are the only (Owls signed) players likely to take us there.

Shoe-ins:

* Westwood - Obviously

* Lees - Only with another quality centre back alongside him (preferably experienced but big, strong and fast (therefore expensive)

* Lee - You dont come up through manures academy without huge potential. Very adaptive, creative and goal scoring player whose game has moved on this season after stalling last term a little. I would offer him a 2 year deal.

* Lavery - If he can stay fit this lad has all the tools he needs to be the mobile front man we need. Hes a gamble but just one full season will transform him into this.

Supporting cast:

+ Mattock - Unless we can sign an expensive 'proven' player Mattock is  footballing wise the best LB we have. Needs to concentrate more on the defensive side of his game and fitness is an issue. Probably a one year rolling extension.

+ Semedo - Dont really need to list his qualities or his shortcomings. Unless Melo becomes the new Semedo at least a one year extension.

+ Zayatte - There are the basics of a solid CB in there. Injury prone is a worry but hes performed mostly when hes been in the team this season. Not so much 'kamikaze' Zayatte anymore

+ Palmer - Not as good as Buxton (yet) at RB however can fill in most areas and does have talent. Not a goalscorer and injury history is a worry. Has missed the end of the last two seasons with injury.

+ Nuhiu - Coming into the last year of his contract. If he can be replaced with better then Id look to get him out on loan. Im not blind to his positives but his strike rate to chances ratio is poor.

Jury out:

~ Buxton - No doubting his qualities but like Reda his injury proneness is likely to leave him as a bit part player taking a wage. Id keep a fit Buxton but we cant guarantee that.

~ Melo - Not had enough time on the pitch yet but perhaps starting to show he could be the new Semedo. In contract anyway so I guess we will see after a full pre season. Id also play him in that position for the last three games now we are safe.

~ Vermijl - Shown touches of class but has deffo cost us a couple of goals so far. Hard to come in to this level from reserve football but again pre-season may give us the answers.

~ May - Is it confidence with this lad or is the Scottish Prem that much worse than League 1 level? Still scored seven goals but never shown the finishing that prompted us to buy him. If the money is there to replace him then he needs to go out on loan for the season.

~ Maguire - Does have the skill and drive to be in a playoff side but doesnt show it consistently. Likeable but frustrating player.

~ Loovens - Age and injury proneness are my great concerns. Potentially next seasons Anthony Gardner if re-signed. Will need a big fee or huge luck to buy better but if we can i'd release Loovens.

~ Helan - Does have something. Remember hes still very young but at the moment all hes giving us is pace. Perhaps the lad needs fish oils to help his concentration?

~ Dielna - Lower table defender prone to Reda type gaffes. However has ball skills and im sure theres a footballer in there. Id like to see him tried in midfield pre-season seeing as hes in contract anyway.

~ Hutchinson - Not shown what he did when he was on loan to us. Injury prone and continues to make potentially red card tackles every game so is a liability. If he can knuckle down and cut out the rash stuff theres a cracking player in there.

~ Maghoma - See dictionary entry for 'frustrating'! Without the goals he added at Burton hes just another journeyman.

~ Bus - cant say. Needs games and fitness. Lets talk again after pre-season;)

Bye Bye:

McCabe

Corry

Madine

Coke

Kelhar

Floro/all those others signed for the development squad not seen as good enough even for the bench. Let them go and get games elsewhere.

Thank You:

Kirkland - Cant offer you first team place over Westwood. You deserve to go and be someones number one keeper.

If Ive missed anyone sorry

SG said the club would wait whilst we are mathematically safe, so who would you keep?

For me, and correct me if the list below is wrong or incomplete.

Kirkland - Offer 1 Year deal - though I think he will leave

Buxton - Release, been a great servant and a good player - but too many injuries for me.

Mattock - Offer 1 year deal, but hope we bring in better in the summer.

Semedo - Offer 1 year deal, though we need better to compete for the top 6

Maguire - Release - not good enough

Coke - Release, League 1 at best

McCabe - Release, a right waste of a wage

Madine - Release, get him as far away from S6 as we can

Zayette - Offer 1 year deal as back up

Maghoma - Release, League 2 standard and workrate

Lee - Offer 2 year deal as a squad player

Corry - Release, another waste of a shirt

Floro - Release, 2 years and not anywhere near the 1st team still

Kelhar - Release, injured since he arrived

Not sure If I missed anyone?

Keep:

Kirkland

Buxton

Maguire

Loovens

Semedo

Lee

Starting from scratch is a huge gamble but if we are to move up to the next level (playoff area/auto promotion) then imho these are the only (Owls signed) players likely to take us there.

Shoe-ins:

* Westwood - Obviously

* Lees - Only with another quality centre back alongside him (preferably experienced but big, strong and fast (therefore expensive)

* Lee - You dont come up through manures academy without huge potential. Very adaptive, creative and goal scoring player whose game has moved on this season after stalling last term a little. I would offer him a 2 year deal.

* Lavery - If he can stay fit this lad has all the tools he needs to be the mobile front man we need. Hes a gamble but just one full season will transform him into this.

Supporting cast:

+ Mattock - Unless we can sign an expensive 'proven' player Mattock is footballing wise the best LB we have. Needs to concentrate more on the defensive side of his game and fitness is an issue. Probably a one year rolling extension.

+ Semedo - Dont really need to list his qualities or his shortcomings. Unless Melo becomes the new Semedo at least a one year extension.

+ Zayatte - There are the basics of a solid CB in there. Injury prone is a worry but hes performed mostly when hes been in the team this season. Not so much 'kamikaze' Zayatte anymore

+ Palmer - Not as good as Buxton (yet) at RB however can fill in most areas and does have talent. Not a goalscorer and injury history is a worry. Has missed the end of the last two seasons with injury.

+ Nuhiu - Coming into the last year of his contract. If he can be replaced with better then Id look to get him out on loan. Im not blind to his positives but his strike rate to chances ratio is poor.

Jury out:

~ Buxton - No doubting his qualities but like Reda his injury proneness is likely to leave him as a bit part player taking a wage. Id keep a fit Buxton but we cant guarantee that.

~ Melo - Not had enough time on the pitch yet but perhaps starting to show he could be the new Semedo. In contract anyway so I guess we will see after a full pre season. Id also play him in that position for the last three games now we are safe.

~ Vermijl - Shown touches of class but has deffo cost us a couple of goals so far. Hard to come in to this level from reserve football but again pre-season may give us the answers.

~ May - Is it confidence with this lad or is the Scottish Prem that much worse than League 1 level? Still scored seven goals but never shown the finishing that prompted us to buy him. If the money is there to replace him then he needs to go out on loan for the season.

~ Maguire - Does have the skill and drive to be in a playoff side but doesnt show it consistently. Likeable but frustrating player.

~ Loovens - Age and injury proneness are my great concerns. Potentially next seasons Anthony Gardner if re-signed. Will need a big fee or huge luck to buy better but if we can i'd release Loovens.

~ Helan - Does have something. Remember hes still very young but at the moment all hes giving us is pace. Perhaps the lad needs fish oils to help his concentration?

~ Dielna - Lower table defender prone to Reda type gaffes. However has ball skills and im sure theres a footballer in there. Id like to see him tried in midfield pre-season seeing as hes in contract anyway.

~ Hutchinson - Not shown what he did when he was on loan to us. Injury prone and continues to make potentially red card tackles every game so is a liability. If he can knuckle down and cut out the rash stuff theres a cracking player in there.

~ Maghoma - See dictionary entry for 'frustrating'! Without the goals he added at Burton hes just another journeyman.

~ Bus - cant say. Needs games and fitness. Lets talk again after pre-season;)

Bye Bye:

McCabe

Corry

Madine

Coke

Kelhar

Floro/all those others signed for the development squad not seen as good enough even for the bench. Let them go and get games elsewhere.

Thank You:

Kirkland - Cant offer you first team place over Westwood. You deserve to go and be someones number one keeper.

If Ive missed anyone sorry

Bloomin' 'eck. Big owl = Big post.

Just for once I sincerely hope that deadline day will be something of a passing interest to us as our reshaped squad is already in place, possibly just fishing for an odd Premiership loanee to add sparkle, not as a squad filler.

Kirkland - keep

Buxton - keep

Mattock - keep

Loovens - keep

Semedo - keep

Maguire - keep

Coke - Get Shut

McCabe - Get Shut

Madine - Get Shut

Zayette - keep

Maghoma - keep

Lee - keep

Corry - Get Shut

Floro - Get shut

Kelhar - 1 year deal

Nuhiu - sell to Sheffield utd

may- sell hope Rotherham still want him

So the manager is hinting at a big clear out as he seeks to build a squad that can challenge for promotion. The article says, bolstering his attack is one of the main priorities. I would agree with that, it's his main priority. The trouble is, all our misfiring strikers, bar Madine, are still under contract. Unless we are going to offload a few of them, which might be difficult, how much scope does he have?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Easy thread.

Let go of: Madine, McCabe, Corry, Coke, Kelhar, Floro, Maghoma, Buxton and Mattock (don't know what anyone sees in him....nosebleed past the halfway line)

Offers:

Kirkland: 1 year but don't think he will sign

Young: 1 year

Zayatte: 1 year (think he deserves it, been immense the last few games...injuries a worry though)

Loovens: 2 years

Lee: 2 years

Maguire: 2 years

In the summer we then need:

LB....first choice...George Friend if Boro go up??

CM:  McGugan plus a young back up for him  (Any Thai's available?)

Wingers: Need 3

Striker:  Need a big lad to complement Lavery, Bus and May.  Nuhiu could be back up to the big lad.

Will be a busy summer.