Autism Friendly Seats

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has autistic children that they take to the game ? My son turns 5 on Monday and I want to get him a season ticket next season. Where would you recommend for the best seating ? I currently sit in the north at the moment. He will be attending his first game against Huddersfield next Saturday. We are sitting in the south for it!

Guest Beighton_Owl

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has autistic children that they take to the game ? My son turns 5 on Monday and I want to get him a season ticket next season. Where would you recommend for the best seating ? I currently sit in the north at the moment. He will be attending his first game against Huddersfield next Saturday. We are sitting in the south for it!

Guest Beighton_Owl

My daughter has autism and she's had her first ever season ticket which we have just renewed we sit on the kop front row behind the net so she can see the players close up and greet the mascots as the walk by Ive not had much trouble were we sit as regards to the swearing etc and there has been a good few empty seats around were I sit all season.

Guest wednesdaybird

Hi I also sit on the north stand with my 12 year old son who is autistic, we sit near the corner flag, but we have sat further up near the half way line & both are very good seats I would say the closer you sit to the front of the stand the more comfortable it will be for a 5 year old, we are on the second row.

Hi

I can't suggest any particular stand.

I hope you both have a great time but would say that 5 is young for the match and def for a season ticket. 2 hours is a long time for a kid at 5 to stay interested.

You know your lad - just passing on advice from a few half time walk outs when mine were around that age😩

Edited by ka58

I hope you both have a great time but would say that 5 is young for the match and def for a season ticket. 2 hours is a long time for a kid at 5 to stay interested.

You know your lad - just passing on advice from a few half time walk outs when mine were around that age😩

Depends on the kid, I took my lad (3 years old) to his first game, on the north stand and he was fine. Seemed to enjoy the whole experience.

Depends on the kid, I made sure I took things to keep him interested just in case.

Both my kids take their DS to avoid any boredom, which this season had been quite often. I've even considered taking one myself lol

My son is also 5 and has autism,I've not got him a season ticket yet but when I take him we sit on the South and he seems to enjoy it,he enjoys the KFC on the way home a lot more if I'm honest.

If my wife would let me get him a season ticket I'd get mine free but she won't have it says he is too young,bloody women.

Edited by Blue and white

Great to hear so many taking autistic children to games.

Most people on here know I've got an autistic son, which is why I often get on my soap box when I read comments such as window lickers, fools, simpletons, spastics etc.

Pretty safe in this thread though as those that don't even remotely get why such language is offensive, won't bother reading a thread with autism in the title.

WAWAW (Were Autistic Wednesdayites Arent We)

My son has learning difficulties and we've been season ticket holders since he was about 12. We have the same seats on the Kop and he really is part of the crowd, sometimes chipping in with the odd quip or so. He is very passionate about Wednesday and has gone for up to two days without speaking to anyone on one particular occasion when Wednesday got beat.

I'm sure your lad will enjoy his football and the Wednesday experience. Good luck and enjoy!

Agree Wakefield. I think it's great seeing the autism threads when they pop up. My son (8 years) has autism too. We're not even in the country so not wondering if I should get him a season ticket right now. Don't know if he'd be that interested tbh. Think my daughter would enjoy it more. I was going to suggest Grandstand too.

My boy tends to memorize things and repeat them (ad infinitum) so sitting somewhere without swearing would be best for me. Don't think Mrs Maskedowl would appreciate him effin and blinding at the top of his voice at 5am.

lol

Edited by themaskedowl