Autism Friendly Seats

Great to hear so many taking autistic children to games.

Most people on here know I've got an autistic son, which is why I often get on my soap box when I read comments such as window lickers, fools, simpletons, spastics etc.

Pretty safe in this thread though as those that don't even remotely get why such language is offensive, won't bother reading a thread with autism in the title.

WAWAW (Were Autistic Wednesdayites Arent We)

I've pulled a few on here for using the same terminology, the odd one's are apologetic the rest are ignorant and abusive.

Wherever you take him I hope it goes really well and you both enjoy it.

My son is autistic too. He turned 6 a couple of weeks ago but as yet has not shown any real interest in football. I still hope he will one day so I can take him.

Good luck

UTO

FTB

I have a 5 year old ASD son that takes a passing interest in football,sadly i cant envisige a day when he could fully enjoy a game in the shortish term becuase of his sensitivities.all my other children attend games and are PASSIONATE owls.
Hopefully one day this will change,when hes a little older.

UTO!!!

Edited by legendaryswan

I've pulled a few on here for using the same terminology, the odd one's are apologetic the rest are ignorant and abusive.

It's weird really, because these same people will be outraged by "racist" words.

I pulled steveger up recently and he had the decency to look it up and admit he didn't understand before.

Others have just been t***s........sad

My son is 13 now and I am thick skinned enough to not worry about anyone else's ignorance anymore.

Just praying that Luke gets the Wednesday bug like me

Guest rother valley owl

As a dad of a 15 yr old football mad autistic boy (he got the bug quickly after his first match at Cardiff in playoff final) I hope you have a great day on Saturday! My lad loves all the facts and stats around football and is able to recall far more than me. He is ok with the noise at the match and loves watching the away fans singing but really hates flares/ smoke bombs or any kind of trouble and even said he didn't want to go after a couple of incidents. Thankfully he still goes all over with us and has a season ticket. 

Enjoy the match!

Guest rother valley owl

To all of you with autistic kids, I don't know if you know but if you get your child a season ticket you qualify for a carer season ticket free. I didn't know until someone told me last year - paying for 10 season tickets I didn't need to previously - all to a good cause I suppose!

Guest conisbrough

Wonderful thread with everybody trying to be really helpful.

Personally have no experience of taking children to games but thought it should be something the club should be willing to offer advice or help in selecting appropriate seats..

Hope all those taking children to game have positive experience.

I can't suggest any particular stand.

I hope you both have a great time but would say that 5 is young for the match and def for a season ticket. 2 hours is a long time for a kid at 5 to stay interested.

You know your lad - just passing on advice from a few half time walk outs when mine were around that age

my 1 1/2 yo is on his second season ticket. We take nothing to entertain him. If he get bored he goes to sleep. When i used to take my nephew at 3 yo he needed a DS to get through the game. Now he goes to sleep if he is bored. My lad though will watch any game on sky as he just loves football where as my nephew just wants to play it. Really down to the kid i think.

I really appreciate all the comments. 24 hours until the big day. Will be happy if he makes it to half time!. Always likes to surprise me :-)

Brilliant thread and I wish you guys all the best for match day!

I have so much respect for people in this thread......top stuff

Just got home. The lad did me proud and sat for the hole 90 minutes. Wasn't interested much in the game but still sat there amongst the noise. (Yes there was noise in the south stand) apologises to the man who got booted a few times in front of us. Big step today :-)