Gray By Name And Gray By Nature

what relevance is that to the conversation we was having?

i replied to your pathetic post of 'the football being no better to watch than under DJ' and pointed out that it is better...

to which you didnt argue,

you now wanna talk about goals scored? depends whos in your team doesnt it? DJs team scored goals with C Wickham, but not as many goals as SGs team with Wickham in the side..... so wots your point?

Please don't twist what I've said,I've said our home form this season was comparable to that of Dave Jones,at no point did I say it was any better just COMPARABLE.

I've made my point some agree some don't hay ho that's life.

I wish to god I rated Gray but bearing in mind I only go to home games I have seen nothing except the Middlesbrough game that fills me with any sort of confidence that he is the man to take us forward and in light of the takeover by what appears to be a very ambitious individual I honestly believe we are wasting valuable time.

As for all things Megson,is he the right man,maybe,maybe not but I loved the fact he was one of us,I loved the buzz around the club when he was in charge,I loved the arrogance,the phrases that was born out of his time here "The city is ours" "You don't choose Wednesday,Wednesday choose you" We're Wednesday we'll do what we want" We're Wednesday we'll sign who we want" "MASSIVE" all phrases that haven't been used since he left and I miss that.

What I would like to see is someone come with ideas,has good knowledge of the game,has good links to players,has a reputation for success and above all take us back to the premier league.

When you say Megson is one of us this is where i disagree WE have PAID  thousands to watch our club HE has received hundreds of thousands of pounds being employed by our club.It's not the same.

We won one home game under Dave Jones last season, giving him a home win record of 14% and a home loss record of 43%.

This season, our home win record under Stuart Gray is 22%, whilst the home loss record is 33%.

It may not be a revolutionary sea change, but then I'm not sure why we'd expect that with the level of investment we saw over the summer. Nevertheless, our home form has shown steady if unspectacular improvement compared to the way we were playing under Dave Jones.

However, it's the away form which truly shows how far we've progressed under Stuart Gray: we won none of nine away games under Dave Jones last season and had a 44% away loss record by the time he was sacked.

This season, we have a 44% away win record and a 28% away loss record, which represents a massive step forward.

We were only going one way under Dave Jones, and if you cast your mind back to those dark days of last winter, a lot of us had given up hope of staying in the Championship.

Gray has taken us from 23rd to 10th in the Championship table in little over 13 months; after 36 games this season, we've conceded just 7 goals more than we had in 17 games under Dave Jones; we've kept a clean sheet in 44% of our games so far this season, compared to 0% last season under Dave Jones; and most importantly of all, we're a solid, established Championship team that was ripe for the type of investment which clubs on the verge of relegation to League 1 can only dream about.

To claim that Jones and Gray's performances are comparable is simply untrue.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

I don't know what the hell that means, but good managers look at their squad and make judgements on how to play to their strengths and score goals, megson did this, gray can't.

Our defence is our strength, so i'd say he's playing the team to their strengths. 18 clean sheets in all comps, top half of the table. It's debateable whether we'd have got out of lge 1 if Megson had kept his job.

what do people expect with this poor side? Its a minor miracle we're in 10th.

look at the situation objectively ffs

I am looking at it objectively,he has never ever ever been a manager and never will be.In his rare spells as manger he has never achieved anything and nor will he here so why not cut to the chase and get the right person in and start to plan for what could be a big season.

I am looking at it objectively,he has never ever ever been a manager and never will be.In his rare spells as manger he has never achieved anything and nor will he here so why not cut to the chase and get the right person in and start to plan for what could be a big season.

Well if you can't see how much Gray has improved us then you can't be looking at things objectively

Can't be arsed anymore, you're insufferable