Gray By Name And Gray By Nature

I think if you look at his CV he has two promotions from this league,not one but two. He has managed in Europe,not forgetting the famous night he took little old Bolton to Bayern Munich and got a very credible 2-2 draw.

Now let's look at Gray..... oh wait no promotions,in fact the he has only had two full time appointments one being Southampton and the Northampton and sacked from both.

When you compare the facts there is no comparison.

I'm not comparing them, but if I was to I'd say Gray is the better all round manager

GM may be good at shutting up shop and lumping it forward, but that's all he's good at 

Guest totemowl

Serious question and I'm not trying to be funny.Do you know how success is measured.

We're talking about gary megson here, right?

Is it measured by how many pounds of potatos he grows per season?

There are plenty of better managers out there than the likes of Gray; Jones, Megson, Irvine, Laws, Sturrock, etc

Looking at the ambitions and the financial muscle of our new owner, then it looks like we'll be shopping at a new level for managers and players in the summer and near future.

Exciting times. We need a class manager like the likes of Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron and Tricky Trev to push us onto the level our ambitious new owner wants us to go.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest totemowl

There are plenty of better managers out there than the likes of Gray; Jones, Megson, Irvine, Laws, Sturrock, etc

Looking at the ambitions and the financial muscle of our new owner, then it looks like we'll be shopping at a new level for managers and players in the summer and near future.

Exciting times. We need a class manager like the likes of Big Jack, Sgt Wilko, Big Ron and Tricky Trev to push us onto the level our ambitious new owner wants us to go.

If only one or two posters on here were so open minded, instead of pursuing a one track, car crash agenda.

Very very true mate but I have to say your being a bit harsh on gary megson

There are "plenty" of better managers out there, and by way of example here's a list of long since retired managers.

Twisting your post a bit there, admittedly. Not sure there are many out of work managers that I'd have over Gray. Each time we're looking I shudder at the list of names we get linked with. You may say we can attract managers currently in work now we have a bit of money. I'd rather see us spend the inevitable compensation payments on players personally.

Personally he reminds me more of Dave Jones.

I can honestly see our inconsistency continuing under Gray even with a superior budget.

After the season ends, can Mr Chansiri chance his millions and his ambition upon someone who is unproven, hit and miss in the transfer market, persists with dire football that draws low crowds? To be honest if Mr Chansiri is true to his ambition and as really got the cash to back up his words, then I really can't see him chancing upon keeping Gray next season, especially if the season fizzles out boringly and our inconsistencies continue.

Your ability to see our inconsistency continuing with a superior budget is completely baseless. I can't see how we could have been more consistent than we have been this season. Consistently solid defence, consistently poor attack, consistently good away form, consistently poor home form and consistently mid-table.

Gray hasn't squandered money. He's had to shop in the bargain bucket and has quite a good strike rate considering. You say hit and miss but what are the miss? May's not been an overnight success but the fact that our big money signing of the summer saw us go head to head with Rotherham, tells you all you need to know about our resources. I've been disappointed in May's impact but he will improve and I'd be very surprised if we make a loss on him.

Who would you describe as a miss and how much in fees have we spent on them?

Reyt...[/quote?

Serious question and I'm not trying to be funny.Do you know how success is measured.

You seriously have let your obsession cloud any form of intellect 

Success can be measured in various ways, Guiding us to our current position could be deemed a success

Would getting sacked after diabolical showings at Stevenage and Chesterfield be deemed a success?

SG hasn't shown anywhere near those kind of performances, plus he mantains a good rapport with the players - they want to play for him

Behind the scenes I bet they're dozens of players who disliked GM

Football is more about beating teams you expect to beat at home

It's because he's a Wednesdayite, simple

Would you be advocating his return so badly if he supported Bury?

You seriously have let your obsession cloud any form of intellect

Success can be measured in various ways, Guiding us to our current position could be deemed a success

Would getting sacked after diabolical showings at Stevenage and Chesterfield be deemed a success?

SG hasn't shown anywhere near those kind of performances, plus he mantains a good rapport with the players - they want to play for him

Behind the scenes I bet they're dozens of players who disliked GM

Football is more about beating teams you expect to beat at home

It's because he's a Wednesdayite, simple

Would you be advocating his return so badly if he supported Bury?

No I wouldn't it's because he is one of us that is the major appeal.

Secondly he wasn't sacked for footballing reason,it's well known him and Milan had words and rightly so although I'll be the first to admit that calling your boss a Serbian cnut is not the best way of forwarding your career.

You only have to look at the pigs game come the final whistle he was mobbed by the players this shows respect in my opinion.

As for Gray's performances least said about those the better.

No I wouldn't it's because he is one of us that is the major appeal.

Secondly he wasn't sacked for footballing reason,it's well known him and Milan had words and rightly so although I'll be the first to admit that calling your boss a Serbian cnut is not the best way of forwarding your career.

You only have to look at the pigs game come the final whistle he was mobbed by the players this shows respect in my opinion.

As for Gray's performances least said about those the better.

So he got a pat on the back after the stevenage game?

Evidence he called MM that?

Personally he reminds me more of Dave Jones.

I can honestly see our inconsistency continuing under Gray even with a superior budget.

After the season ends, can Mr Chansiri chance his millions and his ambition upon someone who is unproven, hit and miss in the transfer market, persists with dire football that draws low crowds? To be honest if Mr Chansiri is true to his ambition and as really got the cash to back up his words, then I really can't see him chancing upon keeping Gray next season, especially if the season fizzles out boringly and our inconsistencies continue.

Time will tell. We don't really know how Gray will perform given a better budget. We do know that he's performed admirably in general since taking over and it hasn't just been a 10 match honeymoon like so often when a new manager takes over.

There is risk either way. Personally I hope that he is given the summer and the start of next season at least to see how he goes. He might surprise people just as he did when he took over from Jones.

I was as disappointed as anyone with that result and I'm sure he was.

It's common knowledge that's what he said and he knew he was going and so did the players hence them mobbing him.

Its certainly often quoted but I'm not sure its true although I do know that the relationship was strained. Megson certainly has said that MM interfered in playing matters (or tried) and recruitment. I agree that if GM really called his boss a Serbian Cnut then quite frankly he deserved the sack. As I say though I'm doubtful that he actually did.

Edited by Dagmeister

point is methinks is it a risk to far letting gray continue with money , i will say he has earned the right but that means nothing in football we are a mid table team and rightly so , but all of us have sussed what we need yet he brings other positions in  rather than secure the winger we want /need,but that aside has he the nous for a promotion push , personally i think he will struggle  but the question is will the main man be happy at us bobbling along midtable  i daresay he won't ,mr Chansiri will make the decision in due course and tbh it's a decision i wouldn't want to make 

point is methinks is it a risk to far letting gray continue with money , i will say he has earned the right but that means nothing in football we are a mid table team and rightly so , but all of us have sussed what we need yet he brings other positions in rather than secure the winger we want /need,but that aside has he the nous for a promotion push , personally i think he will struggle but the question is will the main man be happy at us bobbling along midtable i daresay he won't ,mr Chansiri will make the decision in due course and tbh it's a decision i wouldn't want to make

Trev your the man.