The Wednesday for 2017

Guest AbbeyOwl

Come to think of it they could roll out 4 or 5 ancient strips...

The White shirts royal blue shirts as per those we gave United 1889.

The Blue  and White halved shirts with Black shorts.

Blue and White Hoops circa 1870 & 1945

Blue & White stripes Black shorts gold stripe hooped socks Red Numbers 59-62.

Produced in moderate numbers they would sail/sale off the shelves, most shirt buyers would want the set.

I'd be happy with it for one season but permanently?....No chance we are Sheffield Wednesday and I can't see why anyone from Sheffield would want to change that part  

Proud Sheffielder 

Proud Wednesdayite 

We come from Sheffield 

We are Wednesday 

It would be like those pork flips were the only tea, repping Sheffield, next thing we'd be moving the ground outside Sheffield, no no no no no 

But yeah for the season, why not!

Little worried by the white stripe being central. If we made it a central blue stripe then it would be retro-tastic.

yeah but when you rakishly open the buttons there's a flash of blue - i want that flippin shirt

We are 'The Wednesday' like it or not. That's our name, everything else is registration & technical fripperies.

I'd prefer a retro kit shirt to be an one from 1955-1958 or 1961-1965 but must be black shorts and hooped socks.

We should make a celebratory 'onesie' that replicates the very first kit, all the cool cats would buy one, like students and teenage girls.

We are 'The Wednesday' like it or not. That's our name, everything else is registration & technical fripperies.

I'd prefer a retro kit shirt to be an one from 1955-1958 or 1961-1965 but must be black shorts and hooped socks.

We should make a celebratory 'onesie' that replicates the very first kit, all the cool cats would buy one, like students and teenage girls.

*cancels order for a onesie

If we changed our name to The Wednesday - would we be the only team in England that doesn't mention where it's from in it's name?

I expect to have loads of examples thrown at me now.......

No we wouldn't.

We are from Wednesday.

That's where we're from.

"Arsenal" is not a place.... Old Trafford is in Trafford (not Manchester).... Grimsby Town's ground is in Cleethorpes... Rotherham United played at the Don Valley Stadium (Sheffield) for a few seasons... Bristol Rovers did likewise at Bath... Chelsea's ground is in Fulham... Coventry played home games at Northampton for a couple of years...

There are dozens of examples of clubs not playing where there name suggests.

Coming to a place near you... For one season only.... The Wednesday!

Guest totemowl

"Arsenal" is not a place.... Old Trafford is in Trafford (not Manchester).... Grimsby Town's ground is in Cleethorpes... Rotherham United played at the Don Valley Stadium (Sheffield) for a few seasons... Bristol Rovers did likewise at Bath... Chelsea's ground is in Fulham... Coventry played home games at Northampton for a couple of years...

There are dozens of examples of clubs not playing where there name suggests.

Coming to a place near you... For one season only.... The Wednesday!

You've not answered the question that was asked.

But all those teams you have mentioned were named after a very real place.

You've not answered the question that was asked.

But all those teams you have mentioned were named after a very real place.

Port Vale is currently the only English league side NOT named after a real, geographical place.

Technically, Arsenal is still named after a place (Royal Arsenal), though they've obviously played in Islington, not Woolwich for decades now.

Edited by Neal M

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.