Owls ready to welcome new owner Chansiri

Always maintained this is the way to go.

20,000 people paying £25 a ticket = £500,000 revenue.

30,000 people paying £18 a ticket = £540,000 revenue.

A little simplistic, possibly, and I realise that with more people comes more expenditure - Police, stewarding etc, but more people paying less leads to the same outcome.

That reduction is too small to attract an extra 5,000 every week.

The increase is also only very slight.

Better to increase the total spend over fewer fans than gamble on part-timers.

A little simplistic, possibly, and I realise that with more people comes more expenditure - Police, stewarding etc, but more people paying less leads to the same outcome.

We've tried this in the recent past. This was Lee Strafford's idea. It didn't work. We just ended up with less ticket revenue and not many more fans

People will not back that sort of idea. They are not members of a sports club - they are spectators who want to be entertained.

We've tried this in the recent past. This was Lee Strafford's idea. It didn't work. We just ended up with less ticket revenue and not many more fans

People will not back that sort of idea. They are not members of a sports club - they are spectators who want to be entertained.

But it goes hand in hand though. Cheaper ticket prices lead to more people buying them, but only if they want to buy them and the eleven players on the pitch give them a reason to keep buying them.

One of the most quoted reasons for people not going to games is the expense. I know there are a myriad of other reasons, but cost is a factor that can't be ignored.

I am a member of the sports club though, and I have rarely been entertained  this season.

This is very true, with more alternative entertainment available these days you have to provide value for people's money otherwise they just won't want to go to games. There needs to be a buzz and excitement about going to S6 so Gray will need to bring in some more flair/attacking players in the summer and make the team more productive in front of goal. Otherwise attendences will not increase too much even with more 1-0 victories

This is very true, with more alternative entertainment available these days you have to provide value for people's money otherwise they just won't want to go to games. There needs to be a buzz and excitement about going to S6 so Gray will need to bring in some more flair/attacking players in the summer and make the team more productive in front of goal. Otherwise attendences will not increase too much even with more 1-0 victories

I really wouldn't worry about what Gray is going to do he won't be here long enough.

But it goes hand in hand though. Cheaper ticket prices lead to more people buying them, but only if they want to buy them and the eleven players on the pitch give them a reason to keep buying them.

One of the most quoted reasons for people not going to games is the expense. I know there are a myriad of other reasons, but cost is a factor that can't be ignored.

I am a member of the sports club though, and I have rarely been entertained this season.

I agree completely that the cost is prohibitive - particularly if you're a family and taking more than one person.

However I don't think will be able to reduce the cost enough to make enough people want to come on a regular basis. I think you're being very very idealistic to think that a small price drop would attract enough to cover it in the other way.

Particularly with FFP now. We would drop our revenues. Then get sanctioned and be unable to buy to improve the team to get people back.

I think people want to be associated with success. I don't think people want to be associated with a virtuous nice guy all in it together WAWAW project - at least not enough to put their own cash in.

Apologies for cynicism but that's the way I see it now.

Their isn't much room for error though using your figures, the worry would be from a business point of view that the prices were dropped and the increase was only to 24-26000.

I do agree tickets are too expensive though.

I think there is an opportunity to increase commercial sales throughout the World especially in Thailand,the top teams do not neglect Asia ,neither should we

Went to Thailand a few year ago. There was a Leicester City store in the airport and it was rammed! Couldn't believe what I was seeing!

Wednesday should properly do season ticket prices according to the area of the ground. 

the Kop Season ticket prices should be about £250 tops. 

Match day prices still have to be £25 due to the away fans ruling about the west stand.... 

You would WAY more season ticket holders on the kop then ! 

This is what I thought.

He already has this, so labour costs down just bring the lads over, probably materials cheaper too if he imports them.

Are the world cup plans still in place?

Interesting times on this front.

Only thing is let's just say new decided to knock the west stand down, is he allowed to do this while the enquiry still going.

Looking forward to seeing all the bamboo scaffolding being erected around the ground.

Their isn't much room for error though using your figures, the worry would be from a business point of view that the prices were dropped and the increase was only to 24-26000.

I do agree tickets are too expensive though.

To be honest, the figures I used were straight off the top of my head, as an example of how dropping the prices wouldn't necessarily lead to a drop in revenue.

The balance would have to be right and there are many, many other factors to take into consideration.

I do stand by the belief that more people would buy tickets and attend games if it was cheaper to do so and in the long term, matchday revenues would not decrease.