Owls ready to welcome new owner Chansiri

Always maintained this is the way to go. 

20,000 people paying £25 a ticket = £500,000 revenue.

30,000 people paying £18 a ticket = £540,000 revenue.

A little simplistic, possibly, and I realise that with more people comes more expenditure - Police, stewarding etc, but more people paying less leads to the same outcome.

There is no way a saving of 7 quid a ticket is going to encourage an extra 10k fans. Never in a million years

There is no way a saving of 7 quid a ticket is going to encourage an extra 10k fans. Never in a million years

If the quality of the football stays as it is now knocking £10 off the ticket price won't make me go any more than I do now. Improve the quality of football & I'll gladly pay the current price every match.

If the quality of the football stays as it is now knocking £10 off the ticket price won't make me go any more than I do now. Improve the quality of football & I'll gladly pay the current price every match.

I'm the same, I live away from Sheffield so I'll take some convincing to buy a season ticket but I am open to the idea if I think we're gonna be decent. Not had one since first season back in champ.

Hopefully there's reason to get one for next season.

Guest Herbert Shoebanger

I'm the same, I live away from Sheffield so I'll take some convincing to buy a season ticket but I am open to the idea if I think we're gonna be decent. Not had one since first season back in champ.

Hopefully there's reason to get one for next season.

I live in the Midlands pal but gonna hillsborough is becoming an expense I don't need and I never thought I'd say that- don't get me wrong I can afford it but if it's a choice between that at the

Moment or a weekend with my 6 year old adopted lad I'd rather teach him to play football and listen to the match.

Unfortunately - and I was a season ticket holder from 5 years old to 26 years old ( and i moved to Brussels for 5 years then) I am one of the people that can't justify spending money on something that isn't that entertaining anymore and it makes me so sad and ashamed to admit that

I live in the Midlands pal but gonna hillsborough is becoming an expense I don't need and I never thought I'd say that- don't get me wrong I can afford it but if it's a choice between that at the

Moment or a weekend with my 6 year old adopted lad I'd rather teach him to play football and listen to the match.

Unfortunately - and I was a season ticket holder from 5 years old to 26 years old ( and i moved to Brussels for 5 years then) I am one of the people that can't justify spending money on something that isn't that entertaining anymore and it makes me so sad and ashamed to admit that

nice one Herb.

As above, why do clubs of our peer group eg derby have bigger crowds?

Because of a better product

Take a look at BOLTON,FULHAM,CHARLTON .Look at the crowds they are getting now a successful side will draw big crowds.We as owls fan have had to put up with Dross for yrs,A good  football product attractive to the feet game will draw the crowds.It is the start of a new era Gray has now got to start doing it  now produce the football we crave for .Sentiment is gone now the new owners have paid a lot of money out  for us,They are not going to see their investment wasted they will want results and rightly so ,just as we do ,Gray will have had instructions ,I like Gray and hope he can deliver but am afraid if he does not deliver he will be gone.It wont be us that sack him it will be the new owners ,But having paid £30 million to buy us ,And if they invest in improvements to the ground ,Training ground ,Academy ,Team,If Gray dont deliver ,They have every right to SACK HIM.

Really can't understand why you are making these comments a couple of days before the press conference !

You serious ?

I was doing some work in a Grunters house and he travels to Thailand quite a bit - his girlfriend lives there apparently lol

And he says in the airport there are shops for City, Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc & Leicester

Edited by BIG D

As above, why do clubs of our peer group eg derby have bigger crowds?

Because of a better product

You need to remember Derby is a single team city. Ours is split. There are more blues than reds but if we said aprox half the population of Sheffield were potential owls supporters and 10% came to the matches that would be about 25000. Derby is a smaller city but has quite large rural areas which are very close the the city. Potentially over 35000 match goers based on 10% as above.

Interesting to read that Liverpool have been allowed their 50mill loss and won't be penalised under FFP. This due to having spent the majority of that loss on their infrastructure, I.e. academy, training ground etc.

Can't wait for the official post ratification unveiling now... purely to hear his plans and how he comes across to us.

Interesting to read that Liverpool have been allowed their 50mill loss and won't be penalised under FFP. This due to having spent the majority of that loss on their infrastructure, I.e. academy, training ground etc.

Can't wait for the official post ratification unveiling now... purely to hear his plans and how he comes across to us.

Hope he is honest and realistic as any over optimistic plans will get crucified on here. Apart from that I think we need some clarity.