I'd love a new ground

bout 100 mill would suffice,chicken feed to big business

I guess we would need a billionaire owner before even starting to think about it.  

But if that kind of money is being thrown about, why not just make top renovations on the existing ground?

Was it ever stated how much the world cup makeover would have cost if we won the world cup?

Those plans were perfect.

But the capacity would have been 45,000!!

We need a smaller ground not a bigger one.

It's us fans that make the stadium come alive.

Hillsborough is past its best and a complete rethink is needed.

Not only is there lack of parking, the catering and toilet facilities within the ground are appalling.

We should go over to the USA to look at how NFL franchises operate. They design stadiums to draw in the crowds, unrestricted views, a choice of food outlets instead of the same old sausage rolls, pies and chips.

Transport and parking are key elements to where these stadiums are built. These add value to the fan experience as well as revenue as fans will use the facilities provided.

Prices for NFL games start from £80 up in the gods. Because the franchises provide everything the fans need to make it a full day out, fans are willing to pay the price. These grounds are packed out.

I'm not saying that regular fans can afford to pay that sort of money, however if the facilities are there the fans and families will come. This will generate income for the club that could be spent improving the team and maintaining the ground, if more people come we will have more money to build a better team.

If the team are successful more people will come and it will be self perpetuating.

Build it and they will come.

It's us fans that make the stadium come alive.

Hillsborough is past its best and a complete rethink is needed.

Not only is there lack of parking, the catering and toilet facilities within the ground are appalling.

We should go over to the USA to look at how NFL franchises operate. They design stadiums to draw in the crowds, unrestricted views, a choice of food outlets instead of the same old sausage rolls, pies and chips.

Transport and parking are key elements to where these stadiums are built. These add value to the fan experience as well as revenue as fans will use the facilities provided.

Prices for NFL games start from £80 up in the gods. Because the franchises provide everything the fans need to make it a full day out, fans are willing to pay the price. These grounds are packed out.

I'm not saying that regular fans can afford to pay that sort of money, however if the facilities are there the fans and families will come. This will generate income for the club that could be spent improving the team and maintaining the ground, if more people come we will have more money to build a better team.

If the team are successful more people will come and it will be self perpetuating.

Build it and they will come.

Comparing to nfl is madness the country's huge and has what 16 teams of course they can charge a fortune only approx 15 games a season to attend & god knows how many competing for the tickets.

Imagine how much say burnley could charge if they was only the premier league.

Hillsborough needs a lot of work but rather that than new soulless bowl

As much as I do love Hillsborough It Is Inevitable we will move to a new purpose built smaller stadium one day In the not so distant future, as for the stadium naming etc. its all part of modern day commercial football sadly and brings In much needed finances.

Some people need to pull their heads out of the 1960's and 70's and accept that football Is sadly a business and clubs will have to evolve to compete and ultimately to survive. We are miles behind In modern footballing ways and standards, just look at our sad and feeble commercial department as an example, so much non match day Income missed out on.

Footballing Dinosaur would be the best description of SWFC based on what you've just said Stevie,and as for a new stadium, a smaller 30,000 ground designed in such a way that should the need ever arise we can increase the capacity to the 35,000 to 40,000 mark.

But the capacity would have been 45,000!!

We need a smaller ground not a bigger one.

Are West ham going to a smaller stadium?

We are the biggest club in the 4th biggest city in England, we don't need a smaller stadium we need to be in the premiership.

èvery fecker moans about new grounds being awful soulless places & laments the passing of the old traditional grounds ....... yet the majority seem to want to leave one the most traditional grounds of them all .

this.

it doesn't add up. hillsborough is one of my favourite things about the club and I'm really looking forward to fulham on saturday purely because of their ground,

Do you think Liverpool or Everton care about the exterior of their sheds? Similar capacity to ourselves

Liverpool have just started the expansion of their main stand to give an increased ground capacity of ( I think ) around 52,000, Of course they have a worldwide fan base, Sky high demand for tickets and have been a tiny bit more successful over the last 50 years than us.

Edited by Jackie

We need more people through the gates to warrant/fund any sort of renovation.  Success on the pitch first.  No one will pile that sort of money in if people don't turn up.  You look at Dortmund for example, a city comparable in size to Sheffield whose average attendance in 80,000.  AVERAGE.  

They've had more success and their model makes it affordable for fans.  What is stopping people turning up to games at Hillsborough?  and i'm not saying it's a new thing, people have always stayed away and then when we have one sell out attendance everyone jizzes themselves about our 'potential'.  I'm not saying we have 60,000 people waiting in the wings, but there are 20,000 easy who would tun up at the sniff of success.  30,000 attendances on a regular basis would spur investment.

It's not going to happen.  Certainly not unless we were in the prem.

Are West ham going to a smaller stadium?

We are the biggest club in the 4th biggest city in England, we don't need a smaller stadium we need to be in the premiership.

West Ham have been lucky to have been in the right location to get the use of a brand new stadium (even the current huge stadium refurb is not being paid for by them) on a 99 year lease for a small annual payment. There seems to be far more demand than supply in London (Population over 8,000,000 as opposed to Sheffield's 535,000) for seats at Premiership grounds so I would guess they wouldn't struggle to fill the ground and given the facilities round the site, WH will be able to offer virtually a full day out with the modern day "Fan experience" to extract the maximum revenue from supporters on match day.

Sheffield 'invested' in a modern stadium in 1990 but it was a white elephant, totally unsuited for football, paid for by the poor ratepayers of Sheffield rather than the taxpayer and was demolished before it's even been paid for, we really are hopeless at stuff like that.

West Ham have been lucky to have been in the right location to get the use of a brand new stadium (even the current huge stadium refurb is not being paid for by them) on a 99 year lease for a small annual payment. There seems to be far more demand than supply in London (Population over 8,000,000 as opposed to Sheffield's 535,000) for seats at Premiership grounds so I would guess they wouldn't struggle to fill the ground and given the facilities round the site, WH will be able to offer virtually a full day out with the modern day "Fan experience" to extract the maximum revenue from supporters on match day.

Sheffield 'invested' in a modern stadium in 1990 but it was a white elephant, totally unsuited for football, paid for by the poor ratepayers of Sheffield rather than the taxpayer and was demolished before it's even been paid for, we really are hopeless at stuff like that.

what is this "fan experience "?...........ive been to stoke ,boro, derby, donny walsall ,scunny, norrthampton, rovrum etc etc all with new grounds and didnt think my" match day experience "improved 1 iota .