Team vs. Brentford

The only thing I do know POWP is that  answered none of my points. you picked different players, the same formation and said they would still loose so I know the same as you YOU KNOW NOTHING

you said any side, same formation would be same outcome. I showed that a different side with same formation would result in a different outcome.

I know more than you think you. and I have no idea what you think.

I get your point tho, 442 and the style we play is a bit of an issue for us right now. But who knows, maybe we'll adopt some wing backs, chuck 5 in midfield, play a couple of false strikers?

Fact is, very little can actually work for us... we've tried most of these over the last year and it's not worked that well.

Round pegs and round holes is a saying usually put forward for players in certain positions, but for me it can also be used to refer to the way a team can be set out.

442 gives us the best opportunity with the players we have right now, and that is not exactly fantastic.

We all know we need another winger, a striker with more goal threat and a new central midfielder... but now we have to potentially add a new right back to this equation too.

Do people not watch Palmer ???

Westwood

Buxton

Lees

Loovens

Mattock

Maguire

Lee

Coke

Drenthe

Nuhiu

(Please sign new striker)

Yes I watch Palmer but Buxton is sadly injured so unlikely to be available against Brentford. Palmer swapping roles with Lee perhaps?

As if, in a million years, Gray will change anything of note. Maguire will replace hope, and maybe Nuhiu will replace Madine. Drenthe will be on the bench. We don't know how to play any other way... jeez, we don't even know how to play how we play at the minute.

Guest Sheff Owl

As if, in a million years, Gray will change anything of note. Maguire will replace hope, and maybe Nuhiu will replace Madine. Drenthe will be on the bench. We don't know how to play any other way... jeez, we don't even know how to play how we play at the minute.

And that will be our downfall.

We are far too predictable, Gray has even admitted that when teams pressure us we have struggled and that's what teams have done.

Drenthe HAS to start, he offered us something different, he was lively and most of all caused the Watford plenty of problems in 45 minutes.

At times it looks like we run out of ideas, something needs to change.

Westwood

Palmer, Loovens, Lees, Mattock.

Semedo

Lee, Helen.

Maguire, Drenthe.

Madine.

I've no idea how to put that into a formation whilst on my phone.

But semi just behind lee and helan in the middle to break up any attack before lees and loovens had any issue.

Lee to looks for the pass, helan could provide some energy in the middle of the park alongside him. Maguire and Drenthe playing wide but narrower than usual to play off Madine.

More off a 4-3-3 but enough about maguire and Drenthe to help out and semi/lee/helan to run the midfield.

I think starting the season 4-4-2 home & away surprised a few sides early doors, but its actually becoming a problem for us now.

if your playing two up top at home, an consistently cant create anything for them between the sticks, your weeing in the wind an somink is wrong 'behind' the strikers - we all know that anyway. 

Need to shore ourselves up again, hard to beat, stop getting the run around in CM & add creativity to it at the same time...

all leads to a 4-5-1 away from home tuesday night vs Brentford, NOT in a negative & defensive way, as i said earlier the strikers are feeding off scraps anyway,

Normal GK & back 4. but then im thinking i want ENERGY all over the pitch, we in a bit of a rut & need to get out of it.

Coke  Helan

Drenthe         Maghoma    Maguire

May

With Instructions for May to play Right up top, Between the sticks, lets see what his GOAL INSTINCT is really like, rather than busting a gut elsewhere. and lets just have a good go at them,

I like Semedo/Lee/Nuhiu, Nothing against them at all, I just think we need to START this game vs Brentford like we ended the game v Watford, Right on the front foot having a go at them. 

Helan can do a job in both boxes, our poor mans version of Carlton, Jezza defo has the energy, 

Coke seems to perform better away and is more mobile than Seme, 

unleash Drenthe, Maghoma & Maguire at the same time, ATTACK MINDED players. 

then go rip Brentford a new one!

Edited by GY-owl.4