What's the closest you've come to losing interest in Wednesday?

Your time of losing interest was when I raised my interest. I was born in 87 went to the odd home game a season from 96 when my dad took me to my first match but didn't have a season ticket until out first year out if the premiership, what a lucky boy I was eh. As I've only been used to us from 2000 anything better than mediocre is enthralling.

I think I was a bit spoiled early on, to be honest. My first real footballing memories are of Wednesday being League Cup winners, challenging for the title, reaching both cup finals and playing in Europe. I just assumed that's the way it always was!

Despite some utter bobbaa served up over many years, I have never lost interest and never will. Season ticket holder since the early eighties broken by 7 years away in the military in the 90's and some time living in USA. However, even whilst away I would do anything I could to get the latest updates on the Owls (which usually meant the green- un being posted out to me days later). Enjoying the feeling around the club at this time

Losing 8-0 at Boro..and 8-2 at QPR..went to both...fookin' soul destroyin'

I was also at St James' when we went down by 8....

I also went to that game at QPR , pleased to know someone else went. I was completely surrounded by their fans and i dare not shout or anything during the game in fact i was glad they lost, i may never have got out . If my memory serves me right were we not dolng too bad up to half time and then we stopped playing. I think there was an own goal sometime which started the rot 

Regarding stopping going to games, i emigrated to Australia in the late 60s (£10 package in those days) and you could ring a number at 12 o'clock midnight and you could get all the English results read out. Then on the Monday afternoon you could get the News of the World to read all about the games I also had the Green Un sent out to me but sometimes that could take 2 weeks . Eventually it got too much and coupled with my wife's mother being seriously ill we decided to come home . I've never regretted it even though my first game back was a most boring goal less draw . There have been many high's and low's ,mainly low's, during my 60 odd years supporting Wednesday but also many memorable times and i have a gut feeling that this may be the start of a good period for the club . Lets all hope so. WAWAW

Incidentally it's my birthday this Saturday and we never lose on this day , fingers crossed.

I'm also going to Citeh...

Der der der der DRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

towards the end of irvines time in charge i was fed up, and then even worse from about September onwards during DJ's 1st season in the championship right through to when he was sacked. ive never come as close to just not going to a game. hated jones with a passion and it just goes to show how right it was that he needed flipping off

Didn't lose interest so much as turned my back when Big Ron was sacked. I didn't go to another game until the Huddersfield 4-4 a couple of seasons ago. Watched the playoff final on telly and that as all I saw of Wednesday in about 14 years. ST holder now though go home and away can't see it ending again.

Didn't lose interest so much as turned my back when Big Ron was sacked. I didn't go to another game until the Huddersfield 4-4 a couple of seasons ago. Watched the playoff final on telly and that as all I saw of Wednesday in about 14 years. ST holder now though go home and away can't see it ending again.

How?! I just don't get it :S

How?! I just don't get it :S

its like a form of denial. Couldn't stand to watch the team I loved implode, I would rather ignore football entirely and pretend it wasn't happening. Hillsborough was a different place when I came back.

Can't live with 'em - can't live without 'em and football clubs know it.

It's a way of life - though thin and thinner.

Apart from three or four seasons of relative 'success' that comes in 20 year cycles, the rest is a mix of disappointment, frustration and dashed hope.

A game itself is 89 minutes + of intense disappointment with 89 seconds + to validate why you pay your money and go.

Having witnessed the struggle of the 70's - watching this club has always been a great day out, home and away with family, friends, banter, sometimes edgy, sometimes uncomfortable.  If you can come to terms with the fact that the game itself is only the thing that knits the day together and you will experience all the emotions in that time - everything else is a bonus.

The conga at Ewood when losing 7-2 sums up the way I try to deal with being married to SWFC.

Charlton away under father ted...about the October time before he was sacked. Seen so many embarrassments but that was the final straw. In the first half we never put 3 passes together an utter disgrace!!

Yet when I was singing Irvine out with about 4 others people still backed him. Saving grace was mini bus leaving at midnight and Leicester square getting tired of 14 very drunk Yorkshire men :biggrin:

Christ Turner era.  League one.  February night match v someone bobbins.  Losing 1-0, toothless, mis-placed passes.  Me old man and I swapped glances and left about 75 mins in, it was that bad.

But.  Sitting through that poo only makes the good times sweeter.  Season after we went up with Sturrock (which, although only L1 to Championship) was still one of the greatest days out as a Wednesdayite @ Cardiff.  And the team/football now is the best we've had since the mid-late 90s.

Time we beat watford in league cup Q/F. Everything for once looks good and Wembley could be on the cards and bloke sat behind us is more bother that pigs are losing.

I question myself as to why......but have never quit the owls!

But im sat on the sidelines for alittle while yet

In the 93-94 season we lost only twice in a 27-game run in all competitions (Arsenal away and Wimbledon away) - and those were the only two games that I went to during that run. Between 1995 and 2003 I didn't us win a match. I was only going to two or three games each season because I lived south of London, then went to uni in Southampton, then was unemployed for a year. I could only afford to go when there was minimal travel involved. Given that we were losing every time I did go to a game, it was getting to the stage where it just seemed pointless because I felt I knew what the outcome would be before the match had even kicked off. Eventually I saw us win 3-0 at Brentford and I was sucked back in. Seen us win a few times since too...