General Meeting reminder

Guest Steve French

Seriously though, to not have the courtesy to inform a high-profile honorary president... Wow.

Direct quote from Mr B to myself:

"As you will be aware, I was elected by the then membership many years ago and as you rightly point out there has been substantial change in the structure since.

I think I need to investigate what has happened as I have had no recent contact."

Luckily the money issue has been (by the looks of it) sorted out and that is a great result.

As for the rest of the questions raised then I would hope that someone is working on them as grandad has pointed out. As for contact with Mr Blunkett, you would have to ask the directors why they did not inform him of the fundamental changes to the organisation, the IPS status change and all the other bits along the way and ask whether they have had the decency to communicate with him yet. As of tea time on the 4th September nobody had bothered to even communicate the fact the change to the new co and asked him if he would like to continue on with the new organisational set up.

Some would say its irrelevant, that his position was honorary and that it is just a lack of courtesy by not communicating the changes etc. Others may ask what the point is in having such a well qualified person as president if you don't turn to them for even a slight bit of leadership or advice when things become difficult.

With respect - had you taken that view, along with the Producer, Johnbloodaxe, Daz, phshaw amongst others 12 months ago the Society wouldn't have just 3 active directors just now.

No offence, but are you really in the position to preach about what people should or should not have done in the past, in relation to the society, considering the contents of this thread?

Really? Although no one has ever identified him - but he just happens to post from the same Florida address?

I prefer to make my own assumptions, personally - unless shown otherwise.

And, furthermore, whilst he was posting on here, abusing, making personal attacks and baiting people under the guise of anonymity, your 'mate' did absolutely nothing. Other than to plus him and continue to allow him access to his free internet.

Mind, he was posting on behalf of the cohort, once things were getting desperate - a group of which you were an active member.

Thank goodness your Mod has gone too.

You giving lectures on manners is a bit rich for me.

And, then we find 'you' are sat on a pot of £30,000?

You couldn't make this stuff up.

What??????

I am not a member of the Wednesdayite board, never have been and given my location never could be. You should already know that if you have paid any attention at all.

What??????

I am not a member of the Wednesdayite board, never have been and given my location never could be. You should already know that if you have paid any attention at all.

Not stopped other people having a seat on the Board.

Not stopped other people having a seat on the Board.

Agreed, but the accusation was levelled at me.

As for the comment which is clearly aimed at Darryl Keys, he has said on numerous occasions he will stand down when there is someone to replace him (anyone form the board past or present will back that up) and that has been his position for some time, the trouble is no volunteers are coming forward. Small wonder really.

What??????

Haven't you argued for the status quo?

Those containing your mates - the very ones you are defending again? And, omitted to criticise previously.

You try to run with the hares and the hounds - you've had no credibility on this issue for ages.

Neither have your mates.

Guest Deleted member

No offence, but are you really in the position to preach about what people should or should not have done in the past, in relation to the society, considering the contents of this thread?

No offence - but roger off James

I haven't removed Birdonamaguire's posts as it would have been a right faff trying to remove all references to it as well. Can everyone take them as an example of the kind of posts that are absolutely not acceptable and will result in a suspension if repeated.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I thought it was important to point this out. Please carry on.

I would imagine your name will be mud on owls online shortly.

He just wants to know when he is free to insult folk again. It has less impact on Owlsonline as everyone hates Wednesdayite on there

What all 10 of you ? 

Just had a quick look at Owlsonline apparently we are close to signing Tom Lees from L**ds  is he any good ?