General Meeting reminder

Just a quick reminder that a members meeting is being held on Saturday after the game,

All current members have received the formal notice and link to allow them to cast their vote/ voice their opinion 

But it's not too late-  you can attend the meeting/vote if you join online before Friday evening.

Do so here www.wednesdayite.com/join  and help shape the direction of the organisation going forward.

Edited by pahowl

Guest Deleted member

Summary of yesterday's meeting.

Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Society Limited was closed down by the Financial Conduct Authority as a result of zero returns being made during the Chairmanships of Darryl Keys, John Gath and Charlie Dickens. Annual returns are a condition of Industrial and Provident Society Status, and are the responsibility of the company secretary. Correspondence from the FCA was sent and never received (or lost) by Wednesdayite.

A new company has been formed 'Wednesdayite Limited' which is limited by guarantee, a non profit making company. The directors of the company have all transferred from their previous positions at the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Society.

Wednesdayite will continue to operate all of it's current services to supporters and the community.

Current membership stands at 552

Of the current membership 88% have mandated the Board to continue asking questions of the clubs current Board of Directors. However it was confirmed thatin the last 12 months not a single request, email or letter was received by the Board asking questions of the club, even though the Board wrote to the club demanding answers about the charge placed on the stadium (despite our being told at the time that it was being done on behalf of members

Less than half of the membership supported making donations to The Wednesday. Cricket Club

Wednesdayite are taking legal advice regarding what happens to the circa £30,000.00 of cash held by The Supporters Society. The Society rules state that this should be transferred to local community causes, but they are establishing whether it can be transferred to the new entity.

The car park takings are up almost £400 a match on average since Paul Holmes started taking the cash payments.

All of the directors stood for re election and all were approved. The directors were asked to outline their contributions during the last 3 years, and what they intended to do going forwards.

Two directors were not in attendance, Peter Shaw was on holiday and Darryl Keys is no longer in residence in the Uk. Peter will continue to do the programme notes on behalf of Wednesdayite, and is looking into organising an event next year.

Darryls position was reiterated that if the society needs to make room for directors coming in he will stand down.

One of the directors is also a key man in the Wednesday. Cricket Club, and was asked if Wednesdayite stopped funding the. Cricket Club would he step down from Wednesdayite. He stated that he would have to consider that should the situation arise.

Can I add that Wednesdayite will continue to have my support while they continue to work closely with the Community and provide great services like coaches, car parks and matchday lounges for families. Can I also place on record my appreciation of the efforts of John Gath, Jeff Williams and Paul Holmes for the incredible lengths they go to in order to provide the services they do to members, the Community and fans in general.

Guest Deleted member

Apologies, I should add. Two thirds of members who responded to the poll (approximately 250 of them) want Wednesdayite to pursue the registration of Hillsborough as an Asset of Community. Value.

This would make it impossible for the club, or Chairman, to sell the ground without going through a process which makes it available to the supporters first. It would take around 6 months.

In my view this could potentially make investment in the club more complicated.

Guest Steve French

The car park takings are up almost £400 a match on average since Paul Holmes started taking the cash payments.

I'm not a member of Wednesdayite but forgive me for asking for clarity on this point.

Were they down £400 per match? If so why?

What has been done differently to grow the matchday takings by such a significant number and by who?

The only reason i ask is because without clarification that statement is very leading and almost accusing...

Guest Steve French

Another vote here for the excellent work done by Andy and Steve.

All Lounge patrons have now got a free WWE nickname, whether they wanted one or not.

Worth joining just to aim for Ricky Steamboat based tag. wee pipe Blood and The Dragon. This man had WWF names sewn up.

An official and complete report of the meeting will be posted on the Wednesdayite web site as soon as possible.

As far as the car park is concerned, preparation of the site before each match along with more efficient and effective ticketing, accounting and analysis have led to several improvements. Paul's "post match analysis" has led to tweaking of the procedures and has also indicated an increase in the number of non-members (and visiting fans) using the car park.

During the close season, a huge amount of work - mainly by Paul and Jeff - has created more useable space on the site and more parking bays have been marked out. This has increased the capacity. Even so, the cash payment side of the car park has been full several times already this season. Most members who use the car park have purchased season permits to reduce their costs and to ensure a parking space.

Guest Steve French

Which is an entirely different answer to the one left open to opinion or insinuation from before...

I'll say it, it looked like (as well as good work by the team this season in the car park) that previous people/person was stealing.

So is that now clarified? There is no insinuation of previous theft? Why wasn't that made clear earlier when it was obvious what was being hinted at?

Guest Deleted member

How did you take 'I believe it's down to a number of factors' to mean 'somebody had been stealing'??

That's not to say that has been ruled out by the way

Guest Steve French

You're honestly trying to say it was not obvious what I was asking for clarification on and what could be inferred by your answer to that question?

I'm not a member of Wednesdayite but forgive me for asking for clarity on this point.

Were they down £400 per match? If so why?

What has been done differently to grow the matchday takings by such a significant number and by who?

The only reason i ask is because without clarification that statement is very leading and almost accusing...

I believe it's down to a number of factors

Guest Deleted member

Apologies, I should add. Two thirds of members who responded to the poll (approximately 250 of them) want Wednesdayite to pursue the registration of Hillsborough as an Asset of Community. Value.

This would make it impossible for the club, or Chairman, to sell the ground without going through a process which makes it available to the supporters first. It would take around 6 months.

In my view this could potentially make investment in the club more complicated.

Just as clarification - registering Hillsborough as an ACV would not prevent a sale and leaseback, sale as an ongoing concern, or sale with a sitting tenant (ie the club).

Personally I think registering ACV's are a complete white elephant, and a complete waste of anybodys time (it didn't work for Don Valley Stadium for example as the council wouldn't even allow the ACV to be registered)

IMHO if Wednesdayite were to educate the membership about ACV's - the vote would be different.