General Meeting reminder

There's a lot of wee wee and wind flying about here on what is - in truth - a minor administrative issue, isn't there?

The money will find its rightful place in the community.

The company will have happily and honestly traded throughout and people will not have come to harm due to any change in the legal status of the company.

Wednesdayite will go quietly into the night.

People will remember that it's only a football club's fans' group and not Goldman Sachs.

The world will keep turning.

Guest Deleted member

There's a lot of wee wee and wind flying about here on what is - in truth - a minor administrative issue, isn't there?

The company will have happily and honestly traded throughout and people will not have come to harm due to any change in the legal status of the company.

People will remember that it's only a football club's fans' group and not Goldman Sachs.

I must admit thats my view as things stand.

Apart from the highlighted part (which will be decided by who the feckk knows ) agree entirely with this 

Apart from a few posters on here with an agenda / Grudge / no life outside of this forum , i don't think anyone gives a flying .

I would be gobsmacked if any great number of members do . 

As a past Chairman and Vice Chair over different periods this is the first time this subject has got mentioned ......... ever to my knowledge, I think everyone presumed everything just rolled on and i am 100% positive that the person in charge of this sector would have dealt with it if they were aware . 

My only query would be what address were the documents,reminders,fines etc from the FCA sent to  ?

Could it be that actually the FCA were negligent ? 

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Apart from the highlighted part (which will be decided by who the feckk knows ) agree entirely with this

Apart from a few posters on here with an agenda / Grudge / no life outside of this forum , i don't think anyone gives a flying .

I would be gobsmacked if any great number of members do .

As a past Chairman and Vice Chair over different periods this is the first time this subject has got mentioned ......... ever to my knowledge, I think everyone presumed everything just rolled on and i am 100% positive that the person in charge of this sector would have dealt with it if they were aware .

My only query would be what address were the documents,reminders,fines etc from the FCA sent to ?

Could it be that actually the FCA were negligent ?

Well done on the honesty there Charles.

How in the hell could the FSA/FCA be remotely negligent treacle?

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

Actually, I think it is a very serious issue if people have been misled into paying into an entity that no longer existed, or indeed if there were any other underlying legal issues due to the apparent loss of IPS status.

There are still a lot of questions to be answered. Telling that they are being ignored.

As I said earlier, imagine if the club had done the same (either now or during the Dave Allen/Kaven Walker era), the very people happy to brush this under the carpet would have been in perpetual uproar.

In fact, at the root cause, remember the 'missing letter' of that era... Still gets brought up in jest now... "Have they checked the PO Box", etc... Makes you think!

No agenda or grudges here except trying to establish right from wrong and get to the bottom of it. I appreciate it will most definitely likely have been done in good faith or genuine oversight but that doesn't mean it should all be ignored or casually overlooked.

Edited by Deejayone

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Need to find out what address the missing documents were sent to determine that Rambo .

Rambo? have you missed your medication again. I'd suggest that the FCA sent them to the registered office much like annual returns are sent to the company's registered office. Pretty hard to be negligent that way. You keep hiding behind that though, this occurred on your watch.

Guest Steve French

I havnt got an agenda, I havnt got a grudge and I most certainly have a life outside this forum, with the use of smartphones it's not like we need to sit at a PC all day hitting refresh. So snide comments like that do nobody any good.

All I want is answers as to all of the many questions raise because the members who paid their money and the people who donated money are now in a situation where that money has been potentially lost due to a neglection of duties.

And my point about all the other issues, such as who is responsible for public liability at venues such as the carpark, who is responsible for contracts and leases etc and how legal all of the contracts, leases and liabilities were between the winding up of the old company and the establishment of the new ltd company are (as MK has also pointed out) very relevant. It's true that no legal challenges, no injuries etc happened during this period but they could have done and we still don't know who would have been liable etc. The reason this shouldn't be swept under the carpet is that it is easy to say the accounts were. Or submitted by a genuine oversight, year on year but running a non existent company, with null and void contracts, leases and insurance etc and continuing to trade under a dissolved company etc displays that the directors either made another set of genuine oversights or there was willful neglect. And this is why it is inportant to establish if and when a new bank account was set up in the scheme of things, was it set up before the new ltd company was or did the directors continue to have access to the old bank account after the company was dissolved?

I have no agenda. I have respect for grandad, I saw the stupidly of the whole BG thing, Eddie is a boss etc. I just don't think it's fair on the likes of Trev to say "soz mate we don't know what we were doing and it won't happen again" and hand the money over to the community then walk away. Someone, somewhere knew what was going on.

I have no agenda or grudge,or casting Aspertions at any one, all I am concerned about is if the contribution I made gets used for the right reasons rather than the possibility of it being frozen and lost to us all/or those who need a helping hand ,that said though something has to be put to rights at wednesdayite concerning this

move to a new company name, either that or close it down and send any monies to where it will do most for the community that it was intended for ,

Rambo? have you missed your medication again. I'd suggest that the FCA sent them to the registered office much like annual returns are sent to the company's registered office. Pretty hard to be negligent that way. You keep hiding behind that though, this occurred on your watch.

I am hiding behind nothing , maybe you are confusing me with someone who actually gives afook

As Nigel said it maybe worth waiting for the Wednesdayite Bods to actually make a statement on this after they have took the necessary steps and enquiries . 

In the meantime i nominate James and Blunket Hound to head up an external enquiry . 

Guest Deleted member

As Nigel said it maybe worth waiting for the Wednesdayite Bods to actually make a statement on this after they have took the necessary steps and enquiries . . 

Its nice we can agree on that at least.

Lets make something clear - Paul Holmes and John Gath are two of the most honest, trustworthy, loyal and ultimately professional people I have ever had the pleasure to know. John can virtually reel off the rule book word for word. Paul is a great accountant, trusted by many larger organisations than a bloody supporters group.

Whilstever they are involved I am confident that Wednesdayite will do absolutely the right thing. Those guys wouldn't allow it any other way.

Yes, it seems, during discussions, there have been a series of f*** ups. I will hold my hand up and say, if I'm in any way negligent in continuing to trade AFTER the suspension of the IPS status, I will accept any criticism forthcoming. However, we were advised at more than one meeting that what we were doing was absolutely fine (and legal). And I was very specific in questioning that. 

There is (as well it seems) a f*** up in the way correspndence was not received/reported. Ive no idea what happened there. But it came as a complete shock to ALL of the directors involved when the news transpired. 

But lets not forget - the biggest wee wee tail-up, and what led to this chain of events was the non submission of the prepared and audited accounts (always done year on year) to the FCA. Thats the cause of all the symptoms that followed, and I for one would like to know why.

Guest Deleted member

And ultimately, as Ive said, it would probably now be best to stop speculating, until more is known,

They said it would take approximately 4 weeks.

Until then - and from now - I'm out of this discussion until we have established more facts and less speculation

I am in agreement with granddad concerning the traits of Paul holmes and john gath, especially Paul who I have talked to at length concerning my prints and wednesdayite at el,the man puts his heart and soul into what he does for wednesdayite and is as honest as the day is long also I have met john though briefly but he comes across as sound chap , but I will take granddads word that he is an honest chap , who works his preverbials off for the cause ,

According to posts earlier in this thread the lawyers are being consulted solely to ascertain where the c.£30k can go (i.e. to the new entity or other causes)?

I can't remember it being mentioned the legal consultation is about all the wider issues and questions? Or the continuation of of trading, etc...? Is that the case?

I absolutely agree that Paul and John (and many others over the years) are great, decent, honest people and do their very best, as volunteers, for the organisation and the club they love. I also agree the root cause is the non-submittal of documentation to the FCA. I have no doubt things were done in good faith and things were simple wee wee tail-ups or oversights. I'm not questioning their, or anyone's, integrity. I know for a fact that all directors will have been shocked with the FCA revelation, god knows I was when I found this out yesterday.

I (and others) am just questioning whether what has transpired was correct or not, albeit naively or mistakenly done. I think (and I could be barking up the wrong tree, so please advise if I am) there are potentially very serious issues here and it does need looking into it fully. I think all the questions are very valid.

Guest Deleted member

Will someone also be Investigating why the paint came of my shopping trolley coin thingimijiggy I got as a reward for my year of membership and being Important, I have never used It and It's still In the bag, but some paint has decided enough's enough and flaked off.

Which board member Is responsible for the deterioration of my free item ? I need answers dammit ! I firmly believe that If Grandad was still the chairman it wouldn't have happened, It wouldn't have happened on his watch and we would have had a 65 page questions and answers thread about the quite frankly avoidable and embarrassing situation, people would have resigned by now and given Interviews on local television and radio about "flakegate".

I may add that this whole flaking Incident has left me disappointment as well as an emotional wreck, I can't face going Into Asda or Morrisons any longer as I have a break down when I see old people Inserting their shiny prime prestige shopping trolley coin thingimijiggy's Into their willing and waiting shopping trollies gaping plastic orifice, I can only look away In shame and envy knowing mines all flakey and second rate and not fit for the job. My doctor has now tried to take the edge of the situation by prescribing me some Industrial strength prozac, i's helps but I still have flashbacks now and again.

I hope by blowing the lid on this disturbing disaster I can help others who may be In a desperate similar situation and comfort them knowing thie pain and rejection and they may come forward and we will be strong together....

Think on.......

I know I said I was out - but can I just say to the points raised above.

1. Its an unrelated matter and you should start a new thread

2. I was still involved when we went with the keyring trolleycoin, and I take FULL responsibility for the fact such a sub-standard product was placed in the membership pack. Please could you return the product to Wednesdayite, with your receipt, detailing where and when you purchased the item, and I'm sure they will return same to the manufacturer for assessment. However, it should be noted that the warranty on this item will have now passed, and therefore you will need to highlight where you have made a previous complaint, with evidence, within the warranty period.

Thanks

Guest Deleted member

According to posts earlier in this thread the lawyers are being consulted solely to ascertain where the c.£30k can go (i.e. to the new entity or other causes)?

I can't remember it being mentioned the legal consultation is about all the wider issues and questions? Or the continuation of of trading, etc...? Is that the case?

Will you stop asking relevant questions?

I believe the answers to point 2 will form part of the discussions to clarify point 1.

NOW LEAVE ME ALONE

Guest Deleted member

(genuinely), I can trace back my male side of the family right the way back, directly, grandfather to grandfather, all the way to Robert the Bruce.

You should be much more respectful

Will you stop asking relevant questions?

I believe the answers to point 2 will form part of the discussions to clarify point 1.

NOW LEAVE ME ALONE

Thanks.

The legal consultation appears to be solely and ultimately to determine what happens to the c.£30k then?

So, in my mind, all the questions about the continuation of trading and the possible wider issues around it, including non-communication to members and potentially misleading people, for c.18 months, are still valid and can (and should) be properly investigated and answered.

Guest Deleted member

Thanks.

The legal consultation appears to be solely and ultimately to determine what happens to the c.£30k then?

So, in my mind, all the questions about the continuation of trading and the possible wider issues around it, including non-communication to members and potentially misleading people, for c.18 months, are still valid and can (and should) be properly investigated and answered.

You've not understood the response