A View From The Other Side

“Sheffield Wednesday were very good,” admitted Karanka.

“I told my players that they would be the best team that we’ve played this season and they were very good.

Makes great reading that and honest comments from an opposition manager for a change.

Team look together and playing with confidence - credit SG.

To be fair I think all the opposition managers have said how good we have been. So refreshing to hear it!

With a couple more astute signings who knows what could happen this season.

You do the negative stuff so well.

Well done.

I just take the blue and white glasses off, now and then. Great start, great win, but Karanka sounds like a manager under pressure, looking for an excuse or 2. Edited by vulva

Every manager we played against this season has said the same, Brighton and Middleborough fans said they not had away fans like that at their ground.

Seriously think this season is going to be good and enjoyable.

Gray not bigging us up but in every interview he says its about us and how we play and he's confident in these players.

Go back a few years and we where always concerned about the opposition and how they play. The tables have turned.

Gray is without doubt a top class coach and he's turning into a very astute manager/head coach.

He's a football man and building a team full of confidence and not individuals - I also think that's why Antonio is no longer here, he wants team players and Antonio was more of a individual. Giles Coke says team moral has never been so good while he's been here.

Gray plays players on merit not reputation so every player knows they have a chance. We could have lost Lee, Maguire etc.. Because of DJ favouritism.

Milan needs praise too, we are short of squad players yes but instead of filling the squad with players not upto it we are taking our time to get the correct players for the club.

Looking good.....

I just don't take the blue and white glasses off, now and then. Great start, great win, but Karanka sounds like a manager under pressure, looking for an excuse or 2.

i see where you're coming from some managers do mitigate losses by saying the opposition were briliiant  

however this season we seem to be getting good comments from everywhere  and sometimes even on OT 

I just take the blue and white glasses off, now and then. Great start, great win, but Karanka sounds like a manager under pressure, looking for an excuse or 2.

Enjoy the moment while it lasts Vulva.

There's a common theme energing though, all Gray's peers are saying what a fantastic job he's doing.

We need to be careful the big boys don't come knocking for him

This quote from the Yorkshire Post - " As Boro legend Bernie Slaven said in a post-match radio phone-in, if the hosts had managed to rescue a late point, it would have constituted a robbery of Ronnie Biggs proportions." :laugh:

Full article here - http://m.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/middlesbrough-2-sheffield-wednesday-3-gray-back-to-haunt-the-boro-as-owls-strike-pairing-post-warning-1-6803243

Edited by eckington owl

This quote from the Yorkshire Post - " As Boro legend Bernie Slaven said in a post-match radio phone-in, if the hosts had managed to rescue a late point, it would have constituted a robbery of Ronnie Biggs proportions." :laugh:

wasn't there:  but by all accounts the ref had a stocking over his head