The big question for Gray

Guest JonTheOwl66

I presume for Nuhui?

Nuhui has played in two games.

Two wins. That is the team that has won twice - with Nuhui.

Is it all about work rate, shape, morale, confidence, team work.

Why should he lose his shirt?

Who knows? It's tough because as somebody says above (not sure who) we probably need to pack central midfield so can't really afford to have two strikers.

Nuhiu can't play every game, although I think this is probably the right sort of game for him.

It's difficult on Madine too who apparently played well tonight (I didn't go).

Be intriguing to see what Gray goes with. I see no reason not to start May. He's had a full pre-season, had a week to bed in with his team-mates, no reported injuries...

I think we will play 442.  We need to go on the attack in this game. If May starts, would be bit hard for him to get going playing solo on his debut.  

Stick May up top with Nuhiu to do the dirty work and we have the option of bringing Madine on from the bench.

Lee and Hutchinson were rested, so I'm sure both will start in the middle.  Gray could go 451 to start with then 442 in the second half maybe.

Why is playing two up front axiomatically daring, bold and positive?  Why is playing one up front axiomatically negative, cautious or conservative?

It surely depends how you play the system.  You can have one central striker with two out and out wingers bombing on to support them along with positive midfielders breaking from deep.  Or you can play two up front with a flat midfield four looking to stifle the oppostion and not break forward.

No formation is of itself positive or negative, it depends how you play it, and surely you pick the formation which most suits the players at your disposal.  If SG decides thats 4-5-1/4-3-3 on Sat then he's earned that right and has my backing.

Guest s11 owl

they will play to their strengths, its more us worrying about them, restricting them, and trying to nick it, sad but true

much like last year until they nicked it with a wonder goal, then that blonde haired cnut in midfield vollied it up to the top tier o the west in celebration......................GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

Steady as she goes:

451 with Madine starting - thought he did more in terms of holding the ball and being a threat in 10 mins than Nuhiu did in the previous 80 against Brighton

Then have the option of changing things if needed with May coming on from the bench

Central midfield of Hutchinson, Lee and Coke/Semedo should help to keep things tight and prevent Derby from bossing the game from the start.  Mags and Maguire will need to work their socks off.

With a great crowd and a confidence high this could be a thrilling game and it can certainly be won.

I think I'd start with.....

Westwood

Palmer

Loovens

Lees

Mattock

Maguire

Lee

Semedo

Hutchinson

Maghoma

Nuhiu

Keep things tight & look to introduce May in the 2nd half.

It would be nice to see a couple of players come in to give us more options from the bench (Or start). Very limited at the moment.

Derby will not expect us to have a right go at them, yet with the start and confidence we have, we're quite capable of doing so. I don't expect Gray to go negative having already picked up 3 points in an opening day win.

Gray has been setting the team up to play attacking, passing, football at a high tempo. This is how we'll start out on Saturday.

We will go 4-3-3 and have a right go for the first 20 mins, hopefully forcing Derby to rethink their tactics, spoiling their own plans for us, resulting in us taking the upper hand. If it doesn't work in the first 20 mins, we'll revert back to 5 in midfield with May left alone to chase lost causes, and make a nuisance of himself with the Derby defence.

Despite scoring tonight, both Nuhiu and Madine will find themselves itching to come on from the bench

We're going to have a go at them, trust me. This is not a negatively minded manager we have in charge.

Westwood

Palmer

Mattock

Lees

Loovens

Hutchinson

Lee

Coke

Maghoma

May

Maguire

Maghoma and Maguire to drop back into a 5 man midfield if necessary. But it won't be necessary!

UTO!

Derby will not expect us to have a right go at them, yet with the start and confidence we have, we're quite capable of doing so. I don't expect Gray to go negative having already picked up 3 points in an opening day win.

Gray has been setting the team up to play attacking, passing, football at a high tempo. This is how we'll start out on Saturday.

We will go 4-3-3 and have a right go for the first 20 mins, hopefully forcing Derby to rethink their tactics, spoiling their own plans for us, resulting in us taking the upper hand. If it doesn't work in the first 20 mins, we'll revert back to 5 in midfield with May left alone to chase lost causes, and make a nuisance of himself with the Derby defence.

Despite scoring tonight, both Nuhiu and Madine will find themselves itching to come on from the bench

We're going to have a go at them, trust me. This is not a negatively minded manager we have in charge.

Westwood

Palmer

Mattock

Lees

Loovens

Hutchinson

Lee

Coke

Maghoma

May

Maguire

Maghoma and Maguire to drop back into a 5 man midfield if necessary. But it won't be necessary!

UTO!

Well it's basically still a system to match them in midfield, so yes I'm in. I wouldn't really mind who started in the central strikers role, I don't think any of them would let us down. As for the tempo, yes of course, I'm sure that will be the plan.

I'd make 1 change.

May for Nuhiu.

Make sure Coke plays more like a number 10- it's a position he knows pretty well.

Hopefully you're right.

You're previous hero would have kept the 27 a season striker (who scored in Europe last week) on the bench and destroyed his confidence.

Hopefully Gray will put him straight in. He's earned the transfer fee and right to start.

Guest JonTheOwl66

----------------- Westwood ---------------

--- Palmer -- Lees -- Loovens -- Mattock--

------------------ Hutch -----------------

-------------- Coke ------- Lee ----------

----- Maguire --------------- Maghoma ----

------------------ ??? -------------------

Is the obvious set-up. Just question marks over the striker.