The official football heaven 2014/15 thread

If any other club went 10 games without a win, I'd be extremely surprised if none of their fans were calling for the managers head.

And results since have shown how ridiculously shortsighted that view is, but typical of a lot of fans these days.

Edited by geriatricowl

And results since have shown how ridiculously shortsighted that view is but typical of a lot of fans these days.

Agreed but I think fans have always been like that, turn the clock back and you'll remember a time when Manchester United fans were calling for Fergies head, a little further and I remember after one of our matches in 1986 England fans chanting for Bobby Robsons head.

If any other club went 10 games without a win, I'd be extremely surprised if none of their fans were calling for the managers head.

that's a reasonable point but the long game is something I prefer with a manager i supported him strongly from those posts citing his amazing saving of us last season and the equally amazing early season form the 10 games were a mixture of injuries /bad luck and poor ref decisions and a few bad player selections  none of which added upto the barrage of SG out type rubbish as seen on here

SG is performing very well with what he has end of 

Agreed but I think fans have always been like that, turn the clock back and you'll remember a time when Manchester United fans were calling for Fergies head, a little further and I remember after one of our matches in 1986 England fans chanting for Bobby Robsons head.

Agree but look at what Fergie did after they stuck with him.

Ron Atkinson managed us when we where relegated in 1990, I believe we lost our last 6 games that season, but look what hppened the following season, we kept faith with him he got us promoted back to the top division and took us out on that wonderfull day to Wembley where we beat the mighty Man U and lifted our only trophy over the last 80 years.

Agree but look at what Fergie did after they stuck with him.

Ron Atkinson managed us when we where relegated in 1990, I believe we lost our last 6 games that season, but look what hppened the following season, we kept faith with him he got us promoted back to the top division and took us out on that wonderfull day to Wembley where we beat the mighty Man U and lifted our only trophy over the last 80 years.

We beat Charlton one game from end of season at Selhurst Park.

Our massive following that day spent a good few minutes after final whistle celebrating that we had stopped up.  :duntmatter:

Edited by bradowl

What is Seth's problem?

Ugly goal in an ugly game â€ª#‎nffc‬ 0-1 â€ª#‎swfc‬ Lee bundling home a Wednesday counter attack.Could be costly for under pressure Pearce.‪#‎finalscore‬

I didnt think it was an "ugly game". It looked as though we battered them?

tbf the finish was ugly  but the game was as one sided as you'd hope   but I'll take a barrel load of them ugly finishes