League Cup

The League Cup provides a lot of fond memories for Owls fans, something Mr Mammadov and Mr Madaric would be well advised to take heed of. It was our last trophy back in 1991.

It also gives a club like ours, and our fans, a real opportunity to reach Wembley, and win a trophy, something that it less likely with the FA Cup.

The League Cup also provides an opportunity to put a few quid in the club's bank account if the team progresses far enough.

Shame then that we may have to take the risk of an early exit, due to still having a squad of limited resources, as the opening day of the competition gets ever nearer.

Seven games in 21 days is a tough task for a squad so thin on the ground. You can only assume that senior players will be rested for the League Cup encounter, which may slightly increase the odds of an opposition win.

I hadn't expected us to be in this position this time around. There was so much promise and optimism surrounding the start of this season.

Then again, there is still time for the men in control of our destiny, to find a solution to the current stalemate that prevents a real attack on the transfer market. I guess it comes down to the word "trust".

If they could trust in each other, to the same degree we have been asked to trust in them, there might be a change in the current transfer policy which at best can be described as cautious.

We know from past experience, that recruitments late into the season, after few recruitments of value early in the season, only help a struggling club improve its chances of survival. Bringing in players for a top 6 push, occurs when a team has already got off to a good start, something poor old Mr Gray is going to struggle with on current evidence.

So, with a plea from me, hopefully echoing sentiments of fellow fans, can I respectfully suggest that we learn lessons from previous pre-seasons, something Milan alluded to doing in an article printed in The Sheffield Telegraph on 10 April 2014, and don't go into a season with a squad lacking in quality in some areas, and lacking in numbers in others.

Mr Mandaric would be well advised to remember that fans possess only limited amounts of patience, and have got on board with supporting a manager who now needs more than rhetoric from his Chairman, in terms of support from him.

The Little Mesters form part of a rich history in Sheffield.

Surprised that fellow Sheffield folk should baulk at an attempt to address fellow men with respectfulness and civility.

I wish there was more of a focus on delivering a proper education to the youths of today, and also ensuring the understanding of etiquette.

When I'm at my gentleman's club later, I shall word a strong letter to The Times. You wouldn't get this level of impishness in Knightsbridge you know.

I view disrespect in utter contempt.

Must sit down. Got a touch of the DJMortimers.......

Edited by theowlsman

The League Cup has gone downhill over the years. When we won it it felt like a worthy competition and cup to win even without the place in Europe due to the ban. 

Nowadays it seems a reserve team competition to the PL clubs who don't take it serious until the Semi Final stage where they break out their first team when the trophy is in sight.

I agree it is a more realistic chance of getting further in the competition though as shown by the likes of Cardiff reaching the final not so long ago.

Shame our skeleton service of a squad will be rested as it would have been nice to progress this season.

The League Cup has gone downhill over the years. When we won it it felt like a worthy competition and cup to win even without the place in Europe due to the ban. 

Nowadays it seems a reserve team competition to the PL clubs who don't take it serious until the Semi Final stage where they break out their first team when the trophy is in sight.

I agree it is a more realistic chance of getting further in the competition though as shown by the likes of Cardiff reaching the final not so long ago.

Shame our skeleton service of a squad will be rested as it would have been nice to progress this season.

maybe notts will rest some of there players ......its not cast in stone that we´ll get beat

Hate it when people refer to the chairman or manager as Mr.

While we're on pet hates,you need either an I at the beginning of your post or a ? at the end.

Thus clarifying wether you are presenting a statement or asking a question.

The League Cup provides a lot of fond memories for Owls fans, something Mr Mammadov and Mr Madaric would be well advised to take heed of. It was our last trophy back in 1991.

It also gives a club like ours, and our fans, a real opportunity to reach Wembley, and win a trophy, something that it less likely with the FA Cup.

The League Cup also provides an opportunity to put a few quid in the club's bank account if the team progresses far enough.

Shame then that we may have to take the risk of an early exit, due to still having a squad of limited resources, as the opening day of the competition gets ever nearer.

Seven games in 21 days is a tough task for a squad so thin on the ground. You can only assume that senior players will be rested for the League Cup encounter, which may slightly increase the odds of an opposition win.

I hadn't expected us to be in this position this time around. There was so much promise and optimism surrounding the start of this season.

Then again, there is still time for the men in control of our destiny, to find a solution to the current stalemate that prevents a real attack on the transfer market. I guess it comes down to the word "trust".

If they could trust in each other, to the same degree we have been asked to trust in them, there might be a change in the current transfer policy which at best can be described as cautious.

We know from past experience, that recruitments late into the season, after few recruitments of value early in the season, only help a struggling club improve its chances of survival. Bringing in players for a top 6 push, occurs when a team has already got off to a good start, something poor old Mr Gray is going to struggle with on current evidence.

So, with a plea from me, hopefully echoing sentiments of fellow fans, can I respectfully suggest that we learn lessons from previous pre-seasons, something Milan alluded to doing in an article printed in The Sheffield Telegraph on 10 April 2014, and don't go into a season with a squad lacking in quality in some areas, and lacking in numbers in others.

Mr Mandaric would be well advised to remember that fans possess only limited amounts of patience, and have got on board with supporting a manager who now needs more than rhetoric from his Chairman, in terms of support from him.

Good post,no sarcasm what have you done with Simon?.

Good post,no sarcasm what have you done with Simon?.

We did a wife swap for telly.

It wasn't a good swap though. My wife is 23, blonde, beautiful, fit, athletic, very sexy, and dirty in bed. His is well, different.

Seems my wife took a shine to him. I got a note from them last week. Simon's words were "So long sucker".

Anyway, I must go, I have the toilets to clean once I've handed over my wages.

This is the only part of Simon's old lifestyle I find fun. Don't even know how to fish.

Owls Talk is a revelation. Best site since Red Tube

Guest Big Guns

Sounds like a good post way too long to read tho

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥•••¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

I will just agree with 33 yep wot he said

Sounds like a good post way too long to read tho

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥•••¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

I will just agree with 33 yep wot he said

There's a note here listing Simon's favourite posters.

Seems you're on it but it says you have a tendency to be a lazy oh deary me, I can't use that word on here can I?