Kelher

Guest owl from retford

Look, I know nothing about this guy, but bringing in someone to make up the numbers smacks of desperation. If this takeover deal is as close as many make out, what's the point. If it isn't, bring in someone full time, or struggle on with what we have

So what's your take on loovens, he was signed without any pre-season and plunged straight in without having played for anybody for 5/6 months?

There are some good players out there that none of us have heard of, should we write them all off?

Edited by happy bunny

Wht a load of crap being posted. ANYONE who can judge a player after a match where players were being substituted willy nilly, where we had two DRINKS breaks, and the game was obviously played without any particular 'venom' in its true sense, must be round the twist. It was simply a run-around of a practice, played at slightly higher pace than normal, but in noway was it an indication of what any of the players will perform like in a competitive match.

Guest silvergusy

Wht a load of crap being posted. ANYONE who can judge a player after a match where players were being substituted willy nilly, where we had two DRINKS breaks, and the game was obviously played without any particular 'venom' in its true sense, must be round the twist. It was simply a run-around of a practice, played at slightly higher pace than normal, but in noway was it an indication of what any of the players will perform like in a competitive match.

Your not wrong about crap being posted...

If you can't use these games to judge a player then how are you supposed to judge them?

Ok then.

Guest IN MILAN WE RUST

Does saying a player is gash make you a lesser fan as someone who claps like a seal and thinks there thiago silva? if anyone saw kelher play on sunday and thinks he would improve the squad and be a good addition they need to take the blue and white tinted glasses off! looks prone to a error or 10 and runs like hes pulling a caravan, if thats the standard of players we are looking at were in big trouble

I'd like to think Gray is a better judge of player than me and most on here so

if he thinks he's good enough then give him a go

The problem is, we are desperate. That ain't a good position to be in when considering whether a player is good enough or not. He will be better than what we have, if we have no one, but that's not a wringing endorsement

Guest wilyfox

i cant see why we get rid of llera and bring this lad in, replacing average with below average . wont bode well for gray if this falls on its arrse

Which of the two is an international player?

How many of the "experts" on here have actually played the game at a decent level ?

and here it is!! this has to be the most famous clapper quote in history surely

he might be an ok player but hes not good enough for wednesday id say lge 1 and below. we can do far better than this lad

How many of the "experts" on here have actually played the game at a decent level ?

Not a bad level, went to some pro clubs as a junior ( wasn't as good as I thought I was ) and played semi-pro

Does that mean I'm somehow more qualified to comment than for example somebody who's never played the game but has spent his whole life as a season ticket holder?

Don't see the relevance personally

he might be an ok player but hes not good enough for wednesday id say lge 1 and below. we can do far better than this lad

I didn't think he was too bad, not the type of player you immediately insist we sign but worth at least one more look

That said the hope was that this season that we were going to see the sort of players we really want to sign coming in, and it doesn't look like happening

Can we really do better, and if so, are we actually willing to?   

Guest JonTheOwl66

Not a bad level, went to some pro clubs as a junior ( wasn't as good as I thought I was ) and played semi-pro

Does that mean I'm somehow more qualified to comment than for example somebody who's never played the game but has spent his whole life as a season ticket holder?

Don't see the relevance personally

Yep, absolutely. I've played semi-pro, been at a few professional clubs. But realistically I know f*ck all about football compared to coaches, managers, scouts etc at professional clubs.

It doesn't mean I know more than other people. Cos I don't. I might know a little more about tactics and positioning or whatever, but it doesn't mean I'm eminently more qualified to give judgements on how good a player somebody is.

End of the day, we all know a good player from a bad player. Kelher isn't a bad player from Saturdays showing, just not good. He's absolutely average.

I didn't think he was too bad, not the type of player you immediately insist we sign but worth at least one more look

That said the hope was that this season that we were going to see the sort of players we really want to sign coming in, and it doesn't look like happening

Can we really do better, and if so, are we actually willing to?

im not sure we can do any better at the moment due to being in limbo with this takeover thats why i stick by what i said about him being used as a short term solution until we can sign better.

hes alright but not good enough week in week out in the championship, hes in his 30s never been tested in england, he is nej pecnics mate and i reckon he will flop just like he did