Our Segregation Policy

Is it only me who thinks the segregation policy at Hillsborough is absolutely stupid?

At other grounds there is normally just a line of stewards and a bit of tarpaulin between home and away fans in the same stand, but why is it at our home matches we need; a line of stewards, a full block of seats closed, a fully empty corner stand, a (usually) fully empty lower tier, an 8' wall, and a few more closed seats?

The West Stand Upper holds 4,100 but SYP only allow 3,700 to be sold. Then should that sell out, all sorts of procedures have to be gone through before the authorities allow the bottom tier to be sold as well. Then the NWC never even gets considered, last time I saw that used by away fans (bar the wycombe match) was way back in 2006 when we played United.   

The police have said they don't like to alter the routines at the West stand because both home and away fans clash on Leppings lane after the match, but what about back in the 90s when both the lower tier and the NWC were happily occupied by home fans on a regular basis? Would it really be that much trouble to put a new system in where away fans could have the bottom tier and NWC, and home fans in the top tier, Or at least, is it really necessary to have the end blocks on the North and South closed off?

What with the new take over, I think that the segregation at Hillsborough really needs a look at.

Lets get a discussion going.

UTO FTM. 

Edited by NorthStandNiall

the island culture means segregation should be easier for us, than our 'mainland european' counterparts,

But if the vote goes t!ts up in wee bonnie land, i guess we will have to think of somink...

triple the height of Hadrian's wall maybe?

Its fully down to SYP isn't it? Don't see why the club would sacrifice that much space just for segregation. I'm sure that if we were allowed to use the NWC then we would and it would be very popular as its got one of the best views in the stadium. Would be especially popular in summer.

Its fully down to SYP isn't it? Don't see why the club would sacrifice that much space just for segregation. I'm sure that if we were allowed to use the NWC then we would and it would be very popular as its got one of the best views in the stadium. Would be especially popular in summer.

Could always open it up as the "dole corner" like Strafford did back in '09. That seemed to work well.

Think there's some kind of notice on n/w corner, didn't Wycombe sell it out? (Not fill it I know) Agree with rest of it though. Was anyone on top tier other year at lane when they gave us about a 3rd of tickets?

Yeah SYP limited Wycombe's tickets to 470 in the NWC, because we were going to have both the North and the West. But everything went perfect that match, even me and my dad went into the Corner after the pitch invasion to have a chin wag with the wycombe fans.

Yeah SYP limited Wycombe's tickets to 470 in the NWC, because we were going to have both the North and the West. But everything went perfect that match, even me and my dad went into the Corner after the pitch invasion to have a chin wag with the wycombe fans.

Yeah I agree with what you say. I actually meant safety notice as in it's been deemed unsafe structurally Edited by 1867Heaven

Yeah I agree with what you say. I actually meant safety notice as in it's been deemed unsafe structurally

Thats probably because of all the rotting steel hanging out at the back of it and all that. It would probably take a bit of a clean up and maybe a few new bits of concrete to bring it "up to scratch"

Guest Ferkorf

Could always open it up as the "dole corner" like Strafford did back in '09. That seemed to work well.

Wasn't just for doleys! I got tickets aswell and im a serving british soldier!