Wednesday squad photos 1964-1974-1984-1994-2004

As we stand on the threshold of a new era for Wednesday and in the absence of a few squad players, team photo or new kit for 2014 - If you could go back - which one of these years would you choose ? Which was the best team you saw? Favourite kit? Favourite player?

I didn't see the 1964 team but did see 1974 which was awful, 1984 was fantastic back in Division 1 1994 was  full of optimism and 2004 turned out better than expected!

I hope this is 1964-5?

SheffieldWednesday_zps7e955fb1.jpg

1974-75

SheffieldWednesday1974m_zps7b6b74fb.jpg

1984-85

1984copy_zps2d388b60.jpg

1994-95

1994squadd_zps85fa726b.jpg

2004-5

2004_zps8e747620.jpg

64/65 kit easily the best kit would like this as 150th anniversary kit, but if someone proposed our original The Wednesday kit from 1867 as the anniversary kit I wouldn't mind a hooped top black shorts black socks and compulsory handlebar moustaches for all players....

84/85 second bestest, needed black shorts

93/94 third bestest, needed black shorts

Any kit that has the white stripe as central stripe is just wrong, wrong, wrong so no I did not like the 2004/5 kit at all and it reminds me of Uncle Dave...eeurghhh. Sadly I did like the Chupa Chup kit just because it is an outlandish sponsor!

Best team I've seen early 90's and a tough call between Hirst and Waddle and Sheridan as best player; each a different type of player so joint bestest.

64-65 for me dunsby but then you probably could have guessed that........its everything a sheffield wednesday kit should be .......as for the team they were probably on there way down from the previous seasons due to lack of investment/ambition (we´ve heard that many times since) so i´d go for wilko´s side as my favourite . ....favourite player tommy craig just edges out ron springett .

Best kit is the '64 era closely followed by the '84 era, the '74 era one is class too. All three are simple and stylish and I'd love to see us in something like that again but that's unlikely in this era.

Best team is probably close between the '84  and '64 teams both finished that season 8th in the top flight but I'd just go slightly for the '84 team as best all round team.

Best player overall I'd go for Sheridan. Out of each team I'd pick out of the '64 team John Fantham; '74 Brian Joicey, '84 Mel Sterland, '94 John Sheridan and '04 Chris Brunt.

Back up keeper to Martin Hodge. Must have been the easiest job in football at the time.

As for that kit we had in our last Prem season was bloody awfull.

the 97 to 99 kit was one of the best looking, Until it was washed then it was all bobbles

Back up keeper to Martin Hodge. Must have been the easiest job in football at the time.

As for that kit we had in our last Prem season was bloody awfull.

the 97 to 99 kit was one of the best looking, Until it was washed then it was all bobbles

Loved how they were. Mostly blue, and they fit perfectly with black shorts. It seems that Im the only one who loved them, though.