Lee Novak

It took Lee Novak a little while to get going at Birmingham City .

And he was somewhat embarrassed that his first two goals were the ‘walk in’ at Yeovil Town – following on from the furore when they wouldn’t give the ball back after injury – and the one that went in off his arm on the goal-line from Nikola Zigic’s header against Bolton Wanderers.

But after Novak, with his first touch as a substitute at Derby County in October, planted a superb volley into the back of the net for an equaliser, he never looked back.

Playing either wide left, in the 4-2-3-1 – his performance at former club Huddersfield Town was perhaps the most complete of any Blues player this season – up front or just behind, Novak gave everything he had for the team. And when Blues needed it, he came up with decisive and vital goals.

For example, there was the brace at Blackburn Rovers, including a spectacular 30-yarder, and the pair that gave Blues a come-from-behind win at Blackpool.

Such was Novak’s importance, that when he was injured the team missed his drive, consistent contributions and physicality. At Huddersfield he was the foil to Jordan Rhodes and Lee Clark often stated how much Rhodes and Novak’s team-mates valued his worth.

Eventually, as a troubled season wore on at Blues, that proved to be the case as well, with supporters recognising his value and 11 goals.

So potentially Novak - ?? - Maguire playing an out & out striker?

Guest LEGEND

I always rated him, really tidy finishers and works hard.

I'd love him at Hillsborough. He's alot better than what we've got and i think he'd enjoy it a Hillsborough.

Put it this way, Clark managed Rhodes as well as Novak and he always talks about how much he rates Novak, so he must have something.

And people don't want Lita hahahaha

Yep and still don't!

I'm not bothered about any of the Novak family me sen. Although my dad reckoned (after too many pints at a stag do) that Kim looked like she could suck a tomato up a straw! 

Apparently this may have been some kind of game from a past generation. We never found out he just went downhill after this statement and maintains that he never said it.

The likes of Novak are about as good as we will sign. We know how Mandaric works . A lot of people are setting themselves up for a big disappointment with some of the names being talked about on here as potential signings. 

What are people expecting? He had a good season with Birmingham last season, got a lot of good attributes to his game and seems like a player hungry to do well. On our budget he's the type of player we'll be signing, and he'd be a good start. Talk of Fryatt is daft, never going to happen.

lots of folk talking about his previous scoring stats, true enough, but on that basis, Burnley would never have played ings/vokes.......

all this talk of goalscoring - IMO lavery gonna become 'hot property this season'

Thank goodness for that. Did he reveal anything else, guru?

In the on line Star this morning he said he may have to be patient as he try's to recruit and although he would like everyone in by July Ist, it may not be possible. Not much else really, a bit about Gooch keeping his options open. Only specific thing, was his denial of any interest in Novak

Thankfully denied this morning by manager Stuart Gray[/

Where was this said ?

No surprises really , not the worst player but course we'd all like to think can do better

Thankfully denied this morning by manager Stuart Gray

Good managers deny all transfer speculation until signed and sealed. Dont htink you will find SG or many others openly admit beign after a player until the deal is almost complete for fear if being accused of unsettling or tapping a player up.

Good managers deny all transfer speculation until signed and sealed. Dont htink you will find SG or many others openly admit beign after a player until the deal is almost complete for fear if being accused of unsettling or tapping a player up.

Maybe, but it's certainly put my mind at rest

Guest conisbrough

Novak is not a Gray type player, he does not fit profile we are looking for. This was agent trying to drum up interest, nothing more.

Think Gray is easily read and when he says no interest means it. Has a tendency to laugh and smile and avoid answering when speculation accurate.

Guest everydays_wednesday

Emile Heskey on talk sport today back I UK looking for a club.......!

Well might as well take the pish totally !