Lee Novak

Guest SouthStand Gentleman

Would work very well in a 4-2-3-1 as the 1 on his own up front. Hold the ball up, won't give the defenders a minutes rest, and will bring our other 3 attacking players into the game.

Not very exciting though.

I'll be honest i could see where Novak would fit in , not an exiting signing admittedly but more than capable of scoring goals at this level

Guest Sheff Owl

Forget if's he a good player or not, i have been saying there is gonna be some disappointed people out there.

They are expecting big names, players who would demand probably double what any of our current players are on.

Gotta be realistic.

Forget if's he a good player or not, i have been saying there is gonna be some disappointed people out there. They are expecting big names, players who would demand probably double what any of our current players are on. Gotta be realistic.

My gut feeling is that we may be able to sign one or two established names but we will need to think outside the box for most of the others. We certainly won't be bringing in 6 of them.

I wouldn't curl my nose up at him as I don't think he's a bad striker puts himself about and seems to score. At Huddersfield he was always in Rhodes's shadow and this season he's played in a poo poo Birmingham side. Criticise a bloke who ain't even signed for us yet!

How do you " curl your nose up " ? Edited by Owl999

It's all speculation, what we need is some one who can give the likes of Nuhiu and Madine the crosses they can feed off, before we bring in any more strikers.

So we can't sign anyone until we sign a winger? If we don't sign a winger until the 2nd week of August does that mean we can't sign anyone until after then?

:wacko:

Guest wilyfox

13 goals in 73 champ apps the last two seasons; average at best. Not good enough to push us on. Certainly not worth paying a fee for.

I wouldn't class him as a journeyman. He's more of a former non league striker who is slowly making his way up the leagues and adjusting to this level of football. Granted he's had two seasons but it's starting to click. 

Remember Vardy last season? He didn't pull up any tree's yet he's adjusted and adapted to the league. He;s also two years older than Novak.

It's not a signing to get people scrambling for season tickets but i understand the rationale behind it. He's extremely hard working and scores some crucial goals. He also has time to develop even more.

I would be relatively happy with the signing.

Would kind of make sense - Maguire on the right with Novak on the left? 

Realistically we're going to be looking at players that, on paper at least, look remarkably average, with the hope that SG can get them to gel into a good, hard to beat but unspectacular team. Let's face it, he managed that last season - think of Lee; there was hardly a spunkfest when we signed him but he turned out to be one of our best players last season (would've been POTY I'm sure had he not spent so much of the season out injured).

Anyone who thinks Lee Novak is the type of player to take us to the next level, had better prepare themselves for a bit of a let down. Would any championship club with top half aspirations really be interested in signing him?