Lee Novak

A player is only as good as his wikipedia stats*

*According to 90% of Owlstalk

Maybe, but statistics don't lie. If we're after a 20 goal a season man, then he's gonna dramatically up his ratio.

Edited by Rogers

Guest Distraught!

Lita would be a better choice than Novak because he's a poacher. 

Yeah, I remember Jones saying Lita scores when he has his eggs for breakfast. Likes them poached, does he?

Does Novak like his boiled, scrambled or fried?

Perhaps Novak should be a sweeper.  :wacko:

Guest Big Guns

Whatever he's like, I feel sorry for the poor sod. As usual, he's been condemned by a majority of the fan-base, most of whom have not even seen him play, but that's the Wednesday way. 

As a life-long supporter of Wednesday, I'm afraid that is the way we greet a signing. Were we to sign Messi, he would still be crap to a lot of our fans.

Why any player would want to sign for us is something I cannot understand. 

he wont give a roger about any of that as long as he gets paid wot he wants

also did you see the things the departed players said Liera ,prutton, Reda amongst others had nothing but good things to say about us and the fans 

so im afraid your talking poo poo doom monger

Anyone who thinks Lee Novak is the type of player to take us to the next level, had better prepare themselves for a bit of a let down. Would any championship club with top half aspirations really be interested in signing him?

Burnley fans probably thought that about vokes. We finished 9th with tudgay, burton, brunt and Maclean all getting a share of the goals. We were a good team then without a stand out scorer.

Truth be told if Novak (if this is even true or viable) was the only signing given that we have said we want a goal scorer then he's not up to that job but if he is there to help another more high profile signing it could work out well.

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest JamesSwfcOwl

Can someone answer me a question here? How many times have you seen Novak play ? 5-6 times maybe? Can't judge a player on that. Gives 100% each game which is what we need and pops in with the odd goal every so often. What's wrong with that? 

Guest Big Guns

Everything you need to know from Wednesday fans is what they say about strikers

Don't score goals = Useless & Sh*t

Proves that some don't even watch the game properly 

(this isn't necessarily for Novak as I don't rate him)

arnt strikers supose to score goals then ?

Maybe, but statistics don't lie. If we're after a 20 goal a season man, then he's gonna dramatically up his ratio.

You can say what you want with historical stats

Wickham had scored 19 goals in more than 100 appearances before we signed him on loan

Sam Vokes scored 6 in 47 appearances at Wolves

Guest Big Guns

As I just said

Not all strikers are played to score goals

= Strikers are not called strikers just based on the fact they're meant to score goals

im getting confused here now so are all goalkeepers ment to save goals or just some goalkeepers ?

Guest wayne foster

FFS give it a rest. If 12 months ago you were told we were signing Sam Vokes how many would have moaned and said he was useless.

Seem to remember everyone saying after Burnley game at home that they were very poor and would go down.

Guest zico sterland

An enquiry is a sign of intent , and if lee Novak is Milans sign of intent on player recruitment I thinkwe can kiss the play offs goodbye whether or not Milan says we are aiming for them .

An enquiry is a sign of intent , and if lee Novak is Milans sign of intent on player recruitment I thinkwe can kiss the play offs goodbye whether or not Milan says we are aiming for them .

lol

Who knows. 

What i do know is that we'll be linked to a lot of players. Some of it will be gonads, some of it will be truth. 

Either way there'll be a meltdown on here. 

Edited by bigdan2003