Lee Novak

Confuses me who people on here think we have in our realistic sights, and budget.

I think peoples expectations are too high. We have an idea of what our budget will be, and it won't be great.

Personally i don't rate Novak that much. It would be a bit underwhelming if he were the only striker to turn up this summer.

Give me Lita any day of the week.

There's going to be a lot of disgruntled Owls fans on here this summer.. Again  lol

Guest wilyfox

When we already have Maguire, Maghoma and Lavery, there'd be little point in signing Novak. We need something different.

People don't want Lita because he's already been here, and wouldn't be an exciting, new signing. Regardless of how good he is/was. If Lita played 40 games at this level he would score at least 15 goals. Which is probably as many as Nuhiu and Madine would get combined.

This is a big season for Wednesday. Another season of abject mid table boredom will see the crowds drop right off. From an income viewpoint, we would be better off been in the bottom 3 until April, then just pulling away in the last few games.

When we already have Maguire, Maghoma and Lavery, there'd be little point in signing Novak. We need something different.

In all fairness, Novak is completely different to all three of those. He's probably more akin to a Madine type player. Could it be that Madine is on his way out and it's a like for like replacement?

Guest ka58

Novak is completely different to all 3 of those players.

Guest ka58

Lita would be a better choice than Novak because he's a poacher. I'm hoping this is twitter BS.

I would prefer lita mind. More pace.

Guest wilyfox

Novak isn't like any of them ?

Don't want him like but certainly not like them lot you mentioned

Subtle differences, but they all perform similar roles in the team either out wide or as a second striker. His game is not miles apart from Lavery's in style.

In all fairness, Novak is completely different to all three of those. He's probably more akin to a Madine type player. Could it be that Madine is on his way out and it's a like for like replacement?

Novak is nothing like Madine...at all.

People don't want Lita because he's already been here, and wouldn't be an exciting, new signing. Regardless of how good he is/was. If Lita played 40 games at this level he would score at least 15 goals. Which is probably as many as Nuhiu and Madine would get combined.

This is a big season for Wednesday. Another season of abject mid table boredom will see the crowds drop right off. From an income viewpoint, we would be better off been in the bottom 3 until April, then just pulling away in the last few games.

It's a huge season for Wednesday IMO. The league is going to be a lot tougher next year with teams like Wolves coming up. 

If we don't get things right in the summer i fear for us. I just hope we have the squad together for the start of the season instead of scraping through until we can get loans in after the Prem squads are announced. Loans saved us a lot last year, but they won't have the same impact all the time.

We need to be ready to go come August.

Guest wilyfox

Novak is completely different to all 3 of those players.

I disagree, and think Lavery/Novak are of similar ilk.

We need a couple of strikers, we wont sign two top end ones, we may not even sign one. But Novak has done ok, probably a bit underrated and could support whoever our primary target is.

If we sign two 10 goal strikers that still gets us 20 a season lol. He has always struck me as a decent L1 striker but perhaps scouts have watched him and think he has come on a bit since then?

Edited by Bluesteel