Biggs - Takeover Still On

I think it's a reasonable piece of speculation, as he himself described it. I also think it gives MM the respect he deserves. With DA he was scared to even poke his nose over the parapet...at least here he's trying to be imaginative....the cricket analogy was utter shybo though.

Agree. Sensational world exclusives don't come along every day. Journalists have to fill the pages.

This is not a story or news article, it's his column where he speaks about his views as any other columnist does.

Why people get so wound up by this I'll never know.

I also happen to think Biggs is a very good, well connected journalist who come in for an awful lot of unfair criticism on here. I've always enjoyed reading his work, but then each his own I suppose.

Guest conisbrough

He has basically just regurgitated that which was already known. To be fair it is what poor journalists do on slow news days. If he had been readng Owlstalk he should have taken Grandads lead and written article on academy.

This is not a story or news article, it's his column where he speaks about his views as any other columnist does.

I also happen to think Biggs is a very good, well connected journalist who come in for an awful lot of unfair criticism on here. I've always enjoyed reading his work, but then each his own I suppose.

It's a drawback to the Dave Allen days. Some people have long memories and will not forgive and forget (rightly so imo).

It's a drawback to the Dave Allen days. Some people have long memories and will not forgive and forget (rightly so imo).

What does Biggs need forgiving for?

Not trying to be funny here but I wasn't posting on Owlstalk during that time so genuinely don't know.

Hi Alan

The Biggs bashing on here is pathetic. It's a column where he speculates and uses his knowledge to give his opinion on what could be happening. It's amazing that people think they need to tell a journalist with years of experience that he should just "find out who they are" or "just ask MM for some proper info"....ever thought that he might know more details but has the trust of MM and wouldn't want to jepordise any relationship he may have with him?

He's not the worlds best journo by any stretch but the abuse he gets on here is not warranted most of the time and quite frankly it gets done to death and it's boring now.

And before anyone asks, no I'm not Alan Biggs and neither am I his love child.

lol

The Biggs bashing on here is pathetic. It's a column where he speculates and uses his knowledge to give his opinion on what could be happening. It's amazing that people think they need to tell a journalist with years of experience that he should just "find out who they are" or "just ask MM for some proper info"....ever thought that he might know more details but has the trust of MM and wouldn't want to jepordise any relationship he may have with him?

He's not the worlds best journo by any stretch but the abuse he gets on here is not warranted most of the time and quite frankly it gets done to death and it's boring now.

lol

Hi Mrs Biggs

Always have the brown sauce ready.

Make sure you don't forget to bring Scotch eggs

Gents stop breaking the first rule, you will have a great big scotch kicking your back doors in tonight now!!

lol

If he is not asking MM for more facts, or doing some actual investigative work to try and found out who is in the  'consortium' or whatever - then he isn't doing any journalism, is he?

He's just typing whatever MM wants him to print. You can find that in the club programme or on the SWFC official website.

If he is not asking MM for more facts, or doing some actual investigative work to try and found out who is in the 'consortium' or whatever - then he isn't doing any journalism, is he?

He's just typing whatever MM wants him to print. You can find that in the club programme or on the SWFC official website.

"ever thought that he might know more details but has the trust of MM and wouldn't want to jepordise any relationship he may have with him?"

"ever thought that he might know more details but has the trust of MM and wouldn't want to jepordise any relationship he may have with him?"

What trust and relationship? If he's scared of upsetting somebody, he is in the wrong job. If he knows more, he should print it.

Otherwise he's a puppet.