Left back situation

The problem with both full back positions is that our midfield this past season was powder puff, and the wide midfield/forward players just didn't support their full backs. There was some woeful defending by the back five at times, but the support to both forwards and defence from the midfield was criminal in a very large minority of games, and that puts massive amounts of pressure on the forwards and defence.

Problem with selling a player is you have to find a buyer, and more importantly, somebody willing to pay an amount that actually makes it worthwhile selling.

Mattock isn't flawless but he's not garbage either, as a back up championship LB he's more than good enough, Helan should definitely be first choice though.

we have no problem with our left back position at the moment.

we have a problem with fans thinking it's easy to offload players and that we should get rid of just about everyone

I'm personally more concerned with seeing us bring in a centre half or two, a goalscoring striker to compliment Nuhiu and a wide man who offers something different to the ones we currently have.

Not forgetting central midfield, which was without doubt our weakest area of the team over the past few months of this season.

Not forgetting central midfield, which was without doubt our weakest area of the team over the past few months of this season.

True, think Semedo returning alongside Lee could be a big boost for us. we also always looked much stronger when Hutchinson was in their. Lee and Coke was too lightweight for me and although Coke can put himself about I just don't think he's good enough for this level.

Who we gonna get better than mattock to play second string to Helan?

No one will pay money worth while for these type of players.

Reckon only Lee, Maguire, Palmer n Lavery would command interest n a decent fee.

True, think Semedo returning alongside Lee could be a big boost for us. we also always looked much stronger when Hutchinson was in their. Lee and Coke was too lightweight for me and although Coke can put himself about I just don't think he's good enough for this level.

We need a CM, who would come in as our best and first choice midfielder.

One that could play if we played as a 2 or 3.

A mainstay of our midfield.

If we can, move Coke out (he's not good enough) and replace with Hutchinson.

Have 5 CM's...

NEW

Kieran Lee

Jose Semedo

Sam Hutchinson

Liam Palmer

That would give us good options.

Problem with selling a player is you have to find a buyer, and more importantly, somebody willing to pay an amount that actually makes it worthwhile selling.

Mattock isn't flawless but he's not garbage either, as a back up championship LB he's more than good enough, Helan should definitely be first choice though.

Fair summary.

Both Helan & Mattock are better than Reda and both are decent players for this level.

Fullbacks are the very least of our problem.

This

Full back is the least of our problems.We have adequate cover on both sides.

CB x2 (possibly 3)

CM x1

Winger x1

ST x2

Also this, maybe 2 CM's

i like our full back options, buxton & Mattock when your setting up nice and solid, defensive duties being the order 

of the day. 

But when i think of our team pushing on to the next level and getting better, i think of palmer & Helan, perfect full-backs for the modern game, both young, will improve, got reyt engines in them too. even playing at full back they give us an extra dimension going forward.

We have decent cover there. Should 100% be Helans position with Mattock as back up. Buxton can do a job there too.

At right back we have Buxton and Palmer as good options with Lee available as a worst case option.

Issues are the spine of the team.

we have no problem with our left back position at the moment.

we have a problem with fans thinking it's easy to offload players and that we should get rid of just about everyone

Im sure we could just put Mattock on eBay? Im sure someone would buy him. Maybe an American Team.

Left back isnt a problem unless Mattock consistantly starts.

As a back up option to play a bit part I have no problem, provided Helan is first choice, however I think SG prefers Mattock for some bizarre reason.

Looking at the squad as a whole

Kirkland, Dawson- obviously another GK needs bringing in, a Snr one at that who can push CK

At full back we have Buxton ( providing he stays fit) and Palmer, along with Helan/Mattock- no problems there.

CB we currently have Zayatte, I assume Loovens will, but Gooch wont sign, so we need another CB along with a utility player ie Hutchinson, or Buxton who can go in there if need be.

Wingers- we have Antonio, Maguire, Maghoma, obviously Helan, Lavery, Palmer, Lee have all been known to play there, aswell as Stobbs who I guess will be loaned out. So we could do with a different type of winger, who has abit of guile, and has a decent delivery, in the Brunt mould.

In the middle we have Semedo, Lee, Coke, McCabe, Corry and Palmer as options. So we need one more goalscoring midfielder in this dept, someone like Johnnie Jackson. Loan/Sell McCabe, and Corry.

Strikers, we have Nuhiu, Lavery, Madine, and Maguire/Antonio can operate there, but again, reinforcements are reqd.

So in summary we need a GK, CB, CM, Winger, Striker, utility. As a minimum. 6 signings, ideally 7.

Going to be a busy summer for our Stu