Left back situation

Gray suggested he'd work with the two at the club, with reda leaving in guessing he meant Helan and mattock

Yes, that's exactly what he said To be honest, we don't need to look at either of the full back positions in my opinion

Midfield is crucial...it's ok bolstering it with willing players who are solid and dependable but we need some creativity and someone who can throw up 10 goals from CM.

We have wingers who are capable of chipping in but I can't remember the last time I saw one of our CM score. For us to kick on we need a scoring midfielder to chip in with Antonio and Maguire!!

Mattock garbage :laugh: have a word with yourselves. McCabe needs to be sold ASAP but I doubt anyone will come in for him. Who knows whether gooch will stay? He won't make the USA squad and will hardly have a que for his signature

Midfield is crucial...it's ok bolstering it with willing players who are solid and dependable but we need some creativity and someone who can throw up 10 goals from CM.

We have wingers who are capable of chipping in but I can't remember the last time I saw one of our CM score. For us to kick on we need a scoring midfielder to chip in with Antonio and Maguire!!

Lee last game of the season

lol

With Reda gone that leaves Helan and Matock. Helan has proven he's a probably our best left back NOT left winger but Mattock is garbage! So surely we should be looking to get a decent left back and sell Mattock?

Its all so simple really

Problem with selling a player is you have to find a buyer, and more importantly, somebody willing to pay an amount that actually makes it worthwhile selling.

Mattock isn't flawless but he's not garbage either, as a back up championship LB he's more than good enough, Helan should definitely be first choice though.

What he said

Lee last game of the season

lol

As my posts above state...fiar enough, i though he played RB. But lee scoring 1 goal this season is hardly contributing.

CM is a majory one for me this summer. Its about time we had someone who is not just a ball winner as most of our midfielders are and its about time we had a CM who will put the ball in the back of the net 1 in 4 or 1 in 5. When you look at teams without a 20 goal a season striker (which there are plenty) quite often 2 out of 3 of their top scorers are midfielders. Ours so often in the recent seasons have been defenders.

IMO we now have 2 wingers in Maguire and Antionio who will get around 10 goals a season, they just need the help from one more.

Needed 3 CBs (unless gooch and loovens stay then its 1)M one top quality CM and two decent strikers. That's the 6 quality signings MM promised. Then a couple of decent season long young signings and we will be just fine!

Guest subnotusedmayrleb

Kevin Nicholson was released by Torquay?

I remember seeing a programme years ago about this England school boy international captain joining the Owls as a pro and hoping for good things.

Still waiting.