Interesting facts about our goal scoring this season

We might not have a prolific goal scorer but we have had a loan strikers who have contributed. Wickham and Best have filled a striker slot and done well. They won't be here next season and we need to replace their contribution. Wickham got 9 and best  got 5 so just to stand still we need a 14 goal striker.

Edited by prowl

The last three games sum up the point of this thread perfectly... you would expect from scoring 10 goals in three games that you'd be taking 9 points from 9 but not being tight enough has meant it has only been 5.

The defensive injury worries we've had throughout the season should be acknowledged though.

While I do get your point you could also argue that we scored 10 against top performing teams in this league, which is a worthy feat. I didn't expect anything from any of the last three tbh. so pretty happy with 5.

Edit - I guess Forest were having a bit of a wobble at the wrong end of the season.

Edited by themaskedowl

Guest s17owl

We started well last season didn't we? We went August completely unbeaten and then fell away in September.

a winning run not a drawing run, and we didn't win until November , lost first 3 in August then drew three so I don't know where you got that from Edited by s17owl

a winning run not a drawing run, and we didn't win until November , lost first 3 in August then drew three so I don't know where you got that from

Are you confusing last season with last year?

Last season start with draw at Derby and home wins against Millwall and Birmingham

Guest Big Guns

Poor that one Guns.

Mainly because i don't think anyone has actually said that.

Must do better pal.

So your one of them then are you c'mon Brian you know better than that

Guest s17owl

Are you confusing last season with last year?

Last season start with draw at Derby and home wins against Millwall and Birmingham

sorry , my bad. I'm getting carried away calling this current season , last season. Just can't wait for next season. Up the Owls!

Nuhiu has got 7 in his first season in English football, so you'd expect more next year.

Maguire has got 8 having only played half a season.

Antonio has been injured half the season and always contributes goals.

With the signing of another striker we could easily have a push next season if we tighten up at the back.

Nuhiu will have learned a great deal this year about English football. With a full pre-season behind him, and his learning this season, I would certainly suggest he's capable of scoring ten goals or more next year.

The addition of Maguire will also put the club in better stead. He's a very good footballer and from what I've seen has played an important part in the revitalised success since Stuart Gray's arrival.

I don't buy the urgent need of 20 goal a season man, but someone like Fryatt, and a bit of defensively solidity will take the club a long way - what hasn't helped is not only the dismal efforts of Dave Jones but the constant injuries to a back four which has been swapped and changed throughout the course of the season.

Nuhiu will have learned a great deal this year about English football. With a full pre-season behind him, and his learning this season, I would certainly suggest he's capable of scoring ten goals or more next year.

The addition of Maguire will also put the club in better stead. He's a very good footballer and from what I've seen has played an important part in the revitalised success since Stuart Gray's arrival.

I don't buy the urgent need of 20 goal a season man, but someone like Fryatt, and a bit of defensively solidity will take the club a long way - what hasn't helped is not only the dismal efforts of Dave Jones but the constant injuries to a back four which has been swapped and changed throughout the course of the season.

It's alreyt being a pundit, but tha's not purra league table up yet Liam.

Get thi sen sorted sharpish youth.