Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

AJ would improve the squad and has been playing in the premier league up until last season. His injuries concern me more than anything rather than his ability as that is what has held him back recently.

If our offer reflects that and we bring in another striker too then I don't see the problem. The Jeffers remarks are a bit of a cheap shot because he had no appetite for anything after his injury here, he looked promising prior to shawcross and it was a fresh start for him as this will be for AJ.

I have a feeling he could do quite well for us if he signs. Let's see.

AJ would improve the squad and has been playing in the premier league up until last season. His injuries concern me more than anything rather than his ability as that is what has held him back recently.

If our offer reflects that and we bring in another striker too then I don't see the problem. The Jeffers remarks are a bit of a cheap shot because he had no appetite for anything after his injury here, he looked promising prior to shawcross and it was a fresh start for him as this will be for AJ.

I remember a certain Chris Kirkland having a reputation as an injured crock, with a glass back, when he arrived. Chris ain't done so bad in his time here. Who's to say AJ wouldn't be the same?

I remember a certain Chris Kirkland having a reputation as an injured crock, with a glass back, when he arrived. Chris ain't done so bad in his time here. Who's to say AJ wouldn't be the same?

Kirkland's pace was never his main asset, though. For what it's worth, I wouldn't mind AJ being brought in as an off the bench option/ experienced head, but if he's going to be our main striker, I'd be worried based on recent seasons.

I tend to agree with you on this.

People quoting stats have to understand the numerous variables that have to be taken into account, like someone pointed out he may have been played out wide a lot, never really fully fit, minutes played out of 20 appearances quality of opposition etc. etc.

For me it's his injury record that would be the worry, however, it depends on how Stu plans to use him.

As you say mate lets see.     

an absolute crock!!

Was talking to a Hudds fan yesterday who says that they have signed about 1 player so far and that it seems that they are banking on Vaughan having a year free of injury, which he said never happens. Decent player on his day, but lets get someone who'll last the full season.

this lad was top of the goals scored until he got injured . he knows were the back of the net is . my guess is we would sign somekne like him or aj as a squad player for more depth so we would be waiting on another striker to go alkng side them

Some people ecstatic at signing Hutchinson yet dismissing Andy Johnson due to his injury record....

Don't know if that was aimed at me but I've posted on here before that Hutchison's injury record is a worry good player but may spend much of his time in the treatment room.

Don't know if that was aimed at me but I've posted on here before that Hutchison's injury record is a worry good player but may spend much of his time in the treatment room.

No it isn't aimed at anyone in particular - just a general comment based on comments on here and twitter.

I trust SG to make the right decisions. As head coach he seems to know what systems etc he wants and understands the players. Lets enjoy the ride of being linked with such players once more instead of the like Campbell-Ryce etc

No it isn't aimed at anyone in particular - just a general comment based on comments on here and twitter.

Ok mate, no probs, I myself am doubtful about the Hutchinson signing in respect of his injury problem but Stu must be confident he can manage the situation, as with AJ we will have to wait and see.

As someone previously said; he'd certainly improve our forward line, no doubt (injury record or not).  What we don;t want is for him to be our marquee/main fwd but somehow I don;t think that will be the case.  I reckon we'll go into the new season with Nuhiu, AJ, Lavery and a marquee/loan signing from the Prem or France.  Can't see madine featuring unless he has a blistering pre-season.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

id be happy with this hes pretty decent for a poor udders side

It's not true....you're a bit gullible.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

sorry for not doing research this early in the morning ill make sure iv scouted every social media site to make sure its true before posting my opinion lol

Don't need to scout owt, he admitted he'd made it up in this thread!