Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Messi would be a better signing than AJ but that waint happen either.

According to sky sports transfer centre stoke expect cameron jerome to leave the club.... can be wasteful but very pacey and different to what we have.

Wages would be high though I'd imagine

Surely he'll head back to Palace

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Palace won't want jerome back , hardly got a kick last season and him and Pulis have a few issues

He played in 24 of 28 of Palace's games under Pulis

We're hearing reports that Peterborough United have made a bid for Leyton Orient midfielder Dean Cox. The 29-year-old scored 17 goals for Orient last season, including one at London Road in a 3-1 win in League One and one in the second leg of the play-off semi-final against Peterborough.

Things are becoming a little clearer. We know Kirkland is staying but are still unsure about the other three. Of the six or seven Gray wanted to bring in, we have two, Westwood and Hutchinson. We have to be pleased with those two signings don't we? There are also pretty strong rumours that we are considering Andrews and Andy Johnson. So that leaves two, or maybe three, that we don't know about. Will these be the two we will be paying a fee for? I would imagine they would be a centre back and another striker. Obviously, if the three remaining out of contract players don't sign, then we'll be looking for more. It's starting to take shape though

I can't believe the amount of moaning I've read about Keith Andrews either.

Would be a decent signing

I'd be happy with Andrews, he been there, seen it and done it, so his experience in the middle of the park would be good. Thought we might have been looking for a flair player following the signing of Hutch, but Andrews is not without attacking skills

Andrews is a steady player. Nothing more. Wouldn't be the worst signing in the world but I would hope we're looking at better.

Really don't want Andy Johnson. Can't imagine him been worth the hassle.

I'd definitely like to see us sign Burke though. Really dangerous winger at this level.

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould

Andrews is a steady player. Nothing more. Wouldn't be the worst signing in the world but I would hope we're looking at better.

I'd definitely like to see us sign Burke though. Really dangerous winger at this level.

Funny thing is (even though I agree re: Burke) - Andrews played a key part in Brighton's play off campaign. Burke played a part of a team that just escaped relegation.

Wickham played a key part in sunderlands escaped relegation

I think its safe to say there's a big difference in a player keeping a premiership side up than one who actually played in a team that survived relegation to division 3 with an injury time goal.

The thing about Keith Andrews and Andrew Johnson, is that they don't fit in with SG's stated aim of 'reducing the average age of the squad'.

They might if the other 3/4 new players we bring in are in their early 20's Edited by Beatpusher