Official Transfer Rumours MegaThread 2014-2015

I'd love to see Etherington at Hillsborough , but Maguire is gunna be a key player for us next season and i suspect he will stay on the left so hard to see where an Etherington / Dyer signing would fit in along with Maghoma and Antonio in the squad

Guest wilyfox

Grabban to Cardiff for £3m

SH@T THE BED

Woah! I guess that's the spending power we're up against. Surprised Bournemouth have accepted, to be honest. I'd have thought with the right additions they could push for top six next season; Grabban, Kermorgant, Ritchie & Co. being key to that challenge.

Andrea Orlandi released from Brighton, goalscoring midfielder?

Not a hope in hell can we get him. will be snapped up by another champ club with more financial clout than us. 

Anyone who would put Maghoma in a side infront of Antonio needs there head testing he has got nothing in his locker he is Helan mark 2.On a side note the number 7 Janko for Man U looked exciting when he got the ball which in fairness was'nt a great deal.Man Utd looked awful tonight

Very clueless

Andrea Orlandi released from Brighton, goalscoring midfielder?

10 goals in 7 years of English football, hardly a goalscoring midfielder lol

On a more serious note I think he tends to play more on the wing rather than through the middle and I think we have enough of a goal threat from wide areas. You would expect Chris Maguire and Antonio to get 8+ goals a season and Maghoma I believe will chip in with more this season especially if he's in the starting line up, his record in a very average Burton side was 4, 5, 5 and then 18 goals in a season. It's the central areas we don't tend to score from. Lee/Coke/Mccabe all 1 goal, Semedo 0. Same with strikers as they are central, Nuhui 8 and Lavery 4 (although he has just come through and not played many games and can also play wide).

Looks really bad that players we own from centre mid and upfront only scored 15 between them. This is what needs addressing.

If I stop being a mardy git for a minute Orlandi isn't a bad suggest as he's a decent player, I just don't think he's what we need

It depends how you want to define "ability". Maghoma and Antonio are both decent players for us with different attributes. I dont think it's about one having more ability than the other because they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Maghoma has a bit to go before he matches antonios goals and assists, Antonio can be predictable but when confident they can't stop him anyway.

Maghoma drifts in and out of games a bit but doesn't lack confidence and can produce something a bit different and play centrally like maguire can as he is less raw and more refined but he often doesn't work hard enough.

I'm not sure they've been played in the same team much due to injury but having the pair of them on the wings is a great option to have. Both players have shown they have good technique at times.

Harry Forrester, at Donny. Injured this term, but good at Brentford previously.Can play middle of park and support srtiker, young and quick, just needs a chance with a good club.

Came through the Villa set up, and got hooked up with, one of Mr Lerners girls. So he is settling for a midlands based career, becoming a dad and all.

He actually came through the Watford youth set up - they sold him to Villa at 16 - from there his career took a turn for the worse til he was picked up by his old Watford coach Mark Warburton - who was then DoF at Brentford

Guest Fedor

Anyone who would put Maghoma in a side infront of Antonio needs there head testing he has got nothing in his locker he is Helan mark 2.On a side note the number 7 Janko for Man U looked exciting when he got the ball which in fairness was'nt a great deal.Man Utd looked awful tonight

Hey up Carlton, how's it going?

Bit harsh innit? Showed some potential imo, needs to adapt to the championship but could become a decent squad player for us (the new JJ?)

6 good games per season then.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He can't beat a man has an attitude problem is lazy,yes Antonio finished the season that way and generally did nothing off any note last season.

Utter garbage