How many fans do we have abroad and are YOU one of them ?

County Mayo, Rep of Ireland, usually getting mick taken bout supporting Wednesday, but everyone I no always checks for our results now, still annoying being surrounded by man u, Liverpool now arsenal fans tho. There are a few more owls around Mayo so I'm not on mi o

Aren't Mayo known for being the Gaelic football bottlers?

Disappointing omen.  :laugh:

You'll never guess where!

Been here four years now after nearly 30 years in Jersey. Good mate of mine is just 30 miles up the road and he's a Blunt but the banter is fun.

Lived in Wyoming 21 years now, No pro sport teams here so a few of my mates watch football with me. There's a couple of Owls down the road from me Utah owl 8 hrs away Neal M about the same in Colorado.

UTO

Ssshhhh! They are supposed to guess where I'm from!

Norn Iron. Been here 7 years and yet to meet anyone who doesn't support chelsea, man utd, arsenal, liverpool, everton or spurs. Best games seen were when Pressman turned out for Portadown, I'd take some beer behind the goal & serenade him with Wednesday songs. I like to think he enjoyed those games as much as me. Probably not.

Gravitated towards following Coleraine cos they play in blue & white stripes. Quite a few now look out for The Owls results.

I'm in Istanbul, Turkiye! I've been here a few years now, married to a Turkish woman, with a son on the way in the next couple of months. Relatives and friends always ask me if he'll support Galatasaray, Besiktas, or Fenerbahce; to which i reply "I don't care who his Turkish team is, as long as he's a Wednesdayite!" Father-in-law is a Trabzonspor fan, and is as obsessed as me about footie in general, and always asks me how we've been doing! Most of my wife's family are Galatasaray though, but they know the score where my true loyalties lie!

I'm doing my bit to spread the word out here, although one of my colleagues was grumbling at me cos he'd had a bet on us to beat Chorlton. I told him, you should have consulted me first, never bet on Wednesday, as we always do our best to disappoint, it's the Wednesday Way! He said he could relate to that as a Besiktas fan! The locals certainly relate to the idea that i'm a 'fanatik' and that i'm not some plastic Premier League supporter. I love the inquisitive looks when i'm wearing my Wednesday shirt out and about!

I did have to keep a fairly low profile last week though, travelling the metro in Mecideyekoy prior to the Champions League game between Galatasaray and Chelsea, with the Metro packed with ultraAslan singing all the way on my journey. It wasn't helped by the phone call from my wife's cousin calling me from Turk Telekom Arena! Although i think i rescued the situation by clearly stating 'Hadi cimbom, kanka!'(come on Cimbom, mate) loud enough for the locals to relax!

Nice post - I too am BJK 1903 - hadi guruksherush kanka

Kristiansand, Norway, some other norwayowls saying there are loads of owls supporters in Norway, well, 104 last I counted (on facebook), so, maybe not loads, but we are the brightest and smartes in all of the land :D UTO

Surely Barnsley counts ?

It's easy being a fan in all these nice fluffy, warm countries watching online, but try living in 6 fingered farmland, surrounded by Butch Dingles brothers, still bitter about us pinching Danny Wilson when he was only half poo poo.

Lived in Auckland since '97, will be coming over for my regular family visit in April, already in hand for the purchase of the Watford, Leicester and Forrest tickets and listen to the 1st half of the Blackburn game at Heathrow on the way home.

Split between UK and Malaga Spain, well Ronda actually, in Malaga Province. Quite a few Owls out here, mainly in Marbella. A couple of season ticket holders who travel back for most home games. One of guys who runs trips to Malaga games is a Wednesday fan from Barnsley who used go to games on Jimmy Whitaker's coach.

Guest phshaw

Currently at my villa on the island of La Palma although will fly back for the Birmingham game. There are very few Brits on the island and English was hardly spoken or understood until the last few years when it was introduced into the school curriculum. Can't remember seeing an English club football shirt worn by anyone on the island and I have never met a Wednesday fan here, other than ones invited over by myself!