GARY MADINE GOAL MACHINE

True, like no-one cared about the handball incident but I stand by my point that it's not a good decision in the long run

for a club based in a community, with families and youngsters, and supporters who may have been victims of that type of violence.

It makes perfect business sense but in the long run it might not, unlike the money lending shirt sponsorship which painted the club in a good light and rightly so.

Annnnnd having refused sponsorship from a loan company, we then have half our team on loan from others.

If you look into this more closely you will realise that neither Wickham or Maguire rhymes with machine, whereas Madine I think does.

Apparently the correct pronunciation of Madine would rhyme with wine so his name doesn't rhyme with machine either...

Annnnnd having refused sponsorship from a loan company, we then have half our team on loan from others.

Aye, the irony  :ghoulguy:

Although that ideally benefits both us and the parent club,

they get their players back fit and we get a favourable reputation regards nurturing young talents like Barkley, Wickham, Gardner and Hutchison, etc.

Whereas if we had accepted that money loan company shirt sponsorship that would've damaged our reputation in the long run, which would've outweighed the ability to bring in a player or two from such a dirty deal. My viewpoint is that that was a good move by the club, a club that serves its community and families, etc However having thugs like Madine and Mattock in our team does the opposite.

Maybe he'll take the chance but he's also had numerous other chances.

Football clubs serve the community and they have families as supporters, 

the club rightly so deserved huge credit for refusing the money lending shirt sponsorship on moral grounds.

But thugs like Madine and Mattock paint us in a bad picture, the same way hooligans do or racist fans on twitter, etc

and what does that say to the community and families the club rely on and serve,

that players can wear the shirt when they've beaten up ordinary people and are no better than the common neanderthal thug?

The club has clearly stated it's stance over Madine. They have condemned his actions. I believe that the club is right however to acknowledge his wrongdoing, acknowledge the punishment handed down by the legal system but also to give him the chance to redeem himself ; to become a better person. I have no problem with the club helping him in this way and hopefully the club will be beneficiaries of a change in his behaviours for the better. I absolutely do not think that this reflects badly on the club.

Guest D.J.Nick1212

I am delighted that he's back.

I think this could be like signing a new striker but better than what we currently have and hes ours!!

With nothing hanging over him and with Grays coaching and support I can see him going on to bag a few goals and maybe make a name for himself that is good!!

Well done Sheffield Wednesday and good luck Gary Madine!!!

Keep off twitter Gary...get your head down and work bloody hard...thats all we want from you now!! .... hopefully we may end up with a decent player irrespective of whats gone on...his form last season cant be taken into account as the court case must have had an effect...hopefully he will knuckle down...if he doesnt,  get rid...simple!!

Guest JonTheOwl66

A few of my mates got into a big brawl in a nightclub the other night.

Punches were thrown.

Does this mean they're scumbags? No it doesn't. It's just young lads getting a bit aggro when they're drunk.

Bet the same applies to Madine.

Welcome back Gaz

Guest JonTheOwl66

how long you reckon it'll be before he plays then?

Couple of weeks I think. Will need to get a few reserve games under his belt first.

Punches were thrown.

Does this mean they're scumbags? No it doesn't. It's just young lads getting a bit aggro when they're drunk.

Welcome back Gaz

But if they got arrested for it and then did exactly the same thing a month later.....and got arrested for it after also being done for something similar in Carlisle the year before then they'd be a bit dim wouldn't they......?

Punches were thrown.

Welcome back Gaz

The story is that Madine was guilty of unprovoked attacks. Not the same as your mates.

Guest JonTheOwl66

But if they got arrested for it and then did exactly the same thing a month later.....and got arrested for it after also being done for something similar in Carlisle the year before then they'd be a bit dim wouldn't they......?

A couple of them do it all the time. Stupid really. But testorone flies around when alcohol is consumed.

I've seen fights happen first hand in night clubs. I'm prepared to give Gary a chance.

Guest JonTheOwl66

After months of these debates I still find it hard to fathom how people consider getting blind drunk and fighting as somehow normal behaviour.

You clearly don't go to nightclubs mate. I see fights EVERY time I go out. Personally I dont get involved.

But seems like every week there's somebody getting into a fight over nothing.