Why them and not us?

Didn't I read that £7m gets a controlling stake on Leeds? Much less than at Hillsborough.

Their revenues are higher than ours. They were in a Champions League semi while we were being relegated to the third tier (recent history has a much stronger pull on the neutral fan).

But if you were offered a choice between two products that were basically the same, one cost £7 and the other £25, you'd spend seven wouldn't you?

Guest everydays_wednesday

Was on the finance slot this morning on talk sport basically...........

Cheap at 25 mil

Lots of land around elland road fit for development

Bigger fan base alledgedly

Didn't I read that £7m gets a controlling stake on Leeds? Much less than at Hillsborough.

Their revenues are higher than ours. They were in a Champions League semi while we were being relegated to the third tier (recent history has a much stronger pull on the neutral fan).

But if you were offered a choice between two products that were basically the same, one cost £7 and the other £25, you'd spend seven wouldn't you?

Well said. I would much rather be in Wednesday's position. If the current goings on at Leeds were occurring at Hillsborough, I would be very worried!

The two Clubs both have good potential for investment, it's just a case of ensuring the respective Club finds it's way into the right hands. I'm sure Milan is trying to sell the Club but I'm very confident that he has the Club's best interests at heart. He will pass us on to a reputable new owner and, in order to find the right buyer, take as much time as like, Milan!

There was a program on Channel 4 a few years ago that aimed to find the ins and outs, and potential corruptions, of foreign businessmen trying to purchase English football clubs. It became very apparent that Wednesday are one of the most observed clubs in the world by investors. The program highlighted that the size of the stadium and fanbase, coupled with the long standing tradition and a bank of historic successes,make Wednesday a very attractive prospect.

Another  bidder in for Leeds.  Am i missing something?  

1. They don't own their ground  
  2. They are in a worse financial state than us
  3. We have a similar fan base size (maybe not global)
  4. Both from same county
  5. Same division
  6. Same last poo poo 10 years

So why are they more attractive to potential buyers than us?

Don't get it.

I'm all ears for suggestions

1. They didn't but they do now.

2. They aren't

3. They have a bigger fan base than us.

4. True, but not sure why this is an issue?

5.  Again, see 5

6. See 5.

Guest We Shall Overcome

Looking at some of the Comments on here, makes me wonder if all of you are true Owls Fans bigger than us i don't agree, When did They last have 37000 home fans? as for more Revenue that doesn't surprise me as they have been robbing there fans for years, as for the Takeover with the likes of Adam Pearson involved they can Ram it as he is small fry,and we have had a life time of them!!!