Why them and not us?

In fairness Leeds are a bigger brand and I'm not convinced we!d maintain our current attendances if we charged as much as Leeds. That said Wednesday are far more liked from a neutral point of view so it would be fascinating to see what would happen to our club if the good times returned.

Personally I don!t care about the bigger club thing and the fact that we!re outside the Premiership doesn't bother me either. I!d be happy to just see us on an upward curve and to progress under our own steam without getting into debt.

I shudder to think what will happen to the likes of Fulham and west ham if they got relegated and ended up in division 1 like we did. The size of the debts of some of these top flight clubs is scary and I wouldn't like to see us go down that road chasing the dream of Premier league success.

Leeds struggling to pay wages and being desperately hawked around to anyone.

The bidders are vultures looking for easy pickings.

Be glad it isn't us.

A last minute loan was the difference between meeting last months wage bill and not.

All courtesy of a passing tramp and in no way portrayed as fact.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Leeds struggling to pay wages and being desperately hawked around to anyone.

The bidders are vultures looking for easy pickings.

Be glad it isn't us.

A last minute loan was the difference between meeting last months wage bill and not.

All courtesy of a passing tramp and in no way portrayed as fact.

Same tramp I spoke to, small world.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

1. They didn't but they do now.

2. They aren't

3. They have a bigger fan base than us.

4. True, but not sure why this is an issue?

5.  Again, see 5

6. See 5.

They don't own Elland Road or Thorp Arch.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Jusy checked and you are right - GFH announced they were going to do it but never went through with it.

Nor much else.

Losses will be expected in this set of accounts and in next years, this is down to Ken Bates using a loan from Ticketus, secured against two years season ticket money (this season being the last one) to complete his East Stand developement.

GFH are unwilling to provide the funds to support the club anymore. They held us an assett to sell within days of buying us. Their plan was to flip us as quick as possible.

Now there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding loans been settled and a good percentage of our, non playing high wage earner, contracts expiring , don't be surprised to see more people coming forward with expressions of interest in the club.

The deal with Italian is not done yet for a reason, and its not FL approval. GFH now see an opportunity to sell to the highest bidder rather than the only bidder.

I think if we were unable to pay wages and hawking the club around anywhere, GFH would have taken the £6m from Cardiff for McCormack.

The thing that will be evident in the accounts, once again is the willingness of LUFC fans to dig deep and support the club financially through all revenue outlets.

The FFP rules will greatly benefit LUFC, all we need is for the money generated by the fans to be invested back into playing squad and not a bank account in the Caymen islands or Monaco.

Edited by just visiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Losses will be expected in this set of accounts and in next years, this is down to Ken Bates using a loan from Ticketus, secured against two years season ticket money (this season being the last one) to complete his East Stand developement.

Care to explain this one to me, the only slight impact this will have on the P&L is an interest charge.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

GFH are unwilling to provide the funds to support the club anymore. They held us an assett to sell within days of buying us. Their plan was to flip us as quick as possible.

Now there is light at the end of the tunnel regarding loans been settled and a good percentage of our, non playing high wage earner, contracts expiring , don't be surprised to see more people coming forward with expressions of interest in the club.

The deal with Italian is not done yet for a reason, and its not FL approval. GFH now see an opportunity to sell to the highest bidder rather than the only bidder.

I think if we were unable to pay wages and hawking the club around anywhere, GFH would have taken the £6m from Cardiff for McCormack.

The thing that will be evident in the accounts, once again is the willingness of LUFC fans to dig deep and support the club financially through all revenue outlets.

The FFP rules will greatly benefit LUFC, all we need is for the money generated by the fans to be invested back into playing squad and not a bank account in the Caymen islands or Monaco.

FFP will be good for a great many clubs but whilst you continue to pay Bates £1m a year, forward sell STs and catering contracts the monies poured will mean very little, your wage structure is ridiculously high for the players on it, and not many 'high earners' are set to depart this summer.

It's going to be a bumpy few months for Leeds, hopefully you'll go bust and you'll slink off somewhere else.

BoaM "the oracle"

Paul Green  £12k

Luke Varney £10k

EH Diouff £10k

Micheal Brown £5k

Danny Pugh £12k

Adam Drury £9k

Jamie Ashdown £6k

£64k a week, £3.3m off the wages in one go, so not many eh?

Also, we are not continuing to forward sell season ticket money, read the post again. Our wage structure is well within the FFP guidelines so how its ridiculously high I don't know.

FFP will be good for many clubs, unfortunatly, due your fans reluctance to support the club financially, SWFC won't be one of them.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

BoaM "the oracle"

Paul Green  £12k

Luke Varney £10k

EH Diouff £10k

Micheal Brown £5k

Danny Pugh £12k

Adam Drury £9k

Jamie Ashdown £6k

£64k a week, £3.3m off the wages in one go, so not many eh?

Also, we are not continuing to forward sell season ticket money, read the post again. Our wage structure is well within the FFP guidelines so how its ridiculously high I don't know.

FFP will be good for many clubs, unfortunatly, due your fans reluctance to support the club financially, SWFC won't be one of them.

Forward selling ST's makes little difference to accounts but does to cashflow.

We'll be fine, unlike you I know my way around a budget, a balance sheet and a profit and loss account.

How will you be fine?

Your loosing money each month, you have no saleable assests in the playing squad, you have a fan base that is unwilling to accept ticket price increases, your attendances are on the slide, you have no commercial income, your retail income is on a par with Barnsley, you struggle to get shirt sponsorship and when you do it's worth nothing, you have three charges against your stadium in the last five months and you have no one interested in investing in you and your chairman sh£tting bricks about it.

But, the oracle say's you'll be fine.

We may have a bumpy few months coming up but the foreseeable future of SWFC looks far more uncertain.

Edited by just visiting

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Lose not Loose you illiterate prat.

All clubs at this level are 'loosing' money.

We have sellable assets, although their value isn't great, the likes of Antonio, Helan, Maguire, Palmer are all worth some money.

Our retail income and commercial income is pretty low, we all know that, it's hardly something we didn't know but without seeing our 2013 I cannot make a full judgement on whether our turnover has increased (neither can you BTW). Gates have dropped across the league, after the first season back were always going to struggle to maintain the bigger crowds.

Our net spend per fan is pretty low but c'est la vie.

As for the charges on the stadium, it could be worse we could be renting it......

You lot have been hawked around for a decade to be bought and all you've had is GFH who have left you in the mire, the charges we've had against the stadium are akin to the Flowers loan except without the Winding Up petition attached to it.

For all Leeds commercial wealth you seem to be still in the poo, even after an unglorified stint in admin (something we've never done).

Have some dignity man, go back to Waccoe.

Edit : Just to help you out re the accounts and forward ticket sales the transaction will not be including in the P&L baring any interest paid on the 'loan' from ticketus, the ST monies you acquire will be part of the turnover on one side and pay the loan off on the other.

Edited by BirdonaMaguire

Posted · Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, February 6, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Belfast Owl 2, February 6, 2014 - No reason given

You'd make a good polititian.

Your last post does little to explain how you will be fine with the FFP rules.

By the way, I don't bother with WACCOE, its full off egotistical, know all cyber bullies, so far up their own arses they can unzip their pants with their own teeth.

You'd fit right in.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Politician...it isn't difficult to spell words correctly.

I suspect we will continue to lose money as a club, I don't think many non PL teams will make a profit without selling players for big monies, look at Brighton, their income was £22m and they still made a massive loss.

Our wage bill is pretty low, we don't have high earners, look around our squad, we've been cutting our cloth, according to MM and PA, in readiness for the implementation of FFP, whether they are proven to be right is a year or so away.

The fact you are so defensive on OUR forum is pretty funny though, almost as funny as the 6-0.

Lose not Loose you illiterate prat.

All clubs at this level are 'loosing' money.

We have sellable assets, although their value isn't great, the likes of Antonio, Helan, Maguire, Palmer are all worth some money.

Our retail income and commercial income is pretty low, we all know that, it's hardly something we didn't know but without seeing our 2013 I cannot make a full judgement on whether our turnover has increased (neither can you BTW). Gates have dropped across the league, after the first season back were always going to struggle to maintain the bigger crowds.

Our net spend per fan is pretty low but c'est la vie.

As for the charges on the stadium, it could be worse we could be renting it......

You lot have been hawked around for a decade to be bought and all you've had is GFH who have left you in the mire, the charges we've had against the stadium are akin to the Flowers loan except without the Winding Up petition attached to it.

For all Leeds commercial wealth you seem to be still in the poo, even after an unglorified stint in admin (something we've never done).

Have some dignity man, go back to Waccoe.

Edit : Just to help you out re the accounts and forward ticket sales the transaction will not be including in the P&L baring any interest paid on the 'loan' from ticketus, the ST monies you acquire will be part of the turnover on one side and pay the loan off on the other.

So we get £5m season ticket money in, which usually goes to the club to cover running costs ect..

But we pay that £5m straight out to Ticketus.

We then borrow £5m over the season to cover the £5m payed out but that doesn't appear on any P&L sheet then?