JJ and Mattock

People saying we need to get rid of jj are ridiculous! He is erratic and unpredictable (if he wasn't he'd have been in the prem for the last teen years) but we all know that and the fact is he is still a massive asset to any club in this league! He is also a far better player than maghoma, more pace, more of a goal threat, better touch and better dribbling.

Next on to mattock, he is nowhere near good enough and is so easily beaten as he has no pace, also his distribution of passes is poor, just watch how many balls he gives away, helan would be a far better option would rarely get taken on! Personally think he is better at lb than at lm.

Did you see mattock run in to give a sliding tackle just outside their box... he's a great player for us at this level, his fitness just doesn't show it all right now, but give him a longer run in the team and he'll be showing stronger than he does now.

If all he is, is our backup to Reda (which I think is the wrong way around), then to be honest what more could we ask for?

Agree mate, why Mattock gets so much stick beggars belief, like you say it is certain fans just jumping on the band wagon.

Wednesday fans like pace, that's all.

If a player can control the ball, tackle and play accurate passes, he'll never be popular at Wednesday.

It's just fashionable to slate Mattock, he's actually fine. Better than Reda defensively.

Also JJ is no where near as good as Maghoma, you must be clueless.

Agree completely. Although Reda had improved significantly before his injury, mattock is better defensively. Saying that we need Reda's presence in there too. Catch 22 reAlly.. Need to try Reda at CB again.

.. a squad, with reasonable strength in depth, defensively and folk still fookin' moan...unreal....JJ is excellent at what he does. It might be limited sometimes but given we need capable players to fit in with the cup and league I can't understand why anyone would want him shipped out....

...let's wait until the end of the season and then assess and develop...but now...pointless.

Edited by Freshfish

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Mattock is sound.

As long as he keeps helan and reda out I'm happy.

JJ is an embarrassment and needs getting shut of.

Mattock is sound.

As long as he keeps helan and reda out I'm happy.

JJ is an embarrassment and needs getting shut of.