Players/Loanee's weve had with the biggest potential?

Darko kovacevic. Won some trophies when he left us for next to nowt then signed for juve for 18 million wa it? Might be wrong but didn't he win a European player of year award? Deffo nominated if not.

Didn't arrive on loan though.

Whilst it feels so obvious now that it's Barkley, when Kenwyne was here it just seemed like every time the ball went near him he was going to score.  I don't think I really thought Brunt was any good until Kenwyne arrived.  He did seem a bit lazy though, but, if your goal to game ratio is 1:1 without trying, why try harder.

Also, Franck Sango'o.  He got a lot of attention at the time.  Mostly just for that little rainbow flick he did.

Guest Distraught!

Neither Ben10 nor Batth had anywhere the same potential as Barkley and Wickham.

I get the hidden agenda behind the OP but is it worth it?

Both Megson and Jones have departed and neither is likely to reappear whilst Mandaric still runs the club.

Jones, for all of his perceived faults, has been responsible for bring a few quality loans into the club. If that is his only positive legacy, then so be it. It shows that his tenure was not a total disaster after all.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Christian Mayrleb. Signed on loan by us, warmed the bench half a season then sent packing back to Austria. Went on the rampage back playing in Austria, utterly prolific, won top scorer a few times, league winner, full Austrian international.

Oh and then failed a drugs test.

My lawyers just informed me that in fact he was cleared of failing that drugs test that he definitely failed.

barkley obviously is going to be bigger player than any we´ve had previously but he didn't have a great impact at Hillsboro as didn't the other stand out agbongalhor.mcmordie,wickham,kenwyn jones,marshall,antonio were far more effective I think mainly coz they all had something to prove while barkley and agbongalhor probably knew they were destined for the big time and wernt quite so committed .

Without a doubt Barkley. I'll be very surprised and disappointed if we don't see him go to the World Cup in 2014.

Can remember how many fans felt his was 'overrated' and 'will never make it in the prem' etc

If Wickham gets the right move away from Sunderland he has the potential to play for England in the future as well.

Sunderland are killing him.